Issue with dragbox.

Germany animusvox
Crossbow
ESO: SirThore

Issue with dragbox.

Post by animusvox »

Hi.
Sometimes (usually 1-3 times per game) my dragbox for selecting multiple units glitches and sticks to the screen after releasing the left mouse button. This usually results in me accidentally moving the cursor to the border of the monitor and therefore moving the camera across the map. That means i lose control over the mouse for a few seconds and lose orientation. I know this is a bad description of what happens, but i dont know how to describe it better.
The next time i stream ill do a recording and then upload a clip to show the symptoms.
I'm interested if anyone has the same issue or has ideas what this is about.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: Issue with dragbox.

Post by harcha »

it sounds like you are dragging your mouse outside the game window and so it "sticks". i've had this in other games. you need to clamp the mouse to that one window. try "Clamp Mouse to Window" in "Game Options", this should work. if it doesn't, you need to open a bug report on the official forum.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany animusvox
Crossbow
ESO: SirThore

Post by animusvox »

@harcha thank you, great idea. i actually had this option deactivated because i used to have a second screen. i hope this will fix it.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Yeah I just use the windows key so that the game will deselect and I will be able to move my mouse to second screen.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.