monitor no input after a while

Czech Republic siderit
Crossbow
ESO: IamSideritCze

monitor no input after a while

Post by siderit »

Hi all,

has anyone encountered this strange error when your monitor stops detecting any input when playing AOE3:DE?

Basically what happened is I wanted to play the game like a month ago. I had two games and in both my monitor blacked out and said he can't detect any signal. Pretty weird, I have never seen this before and AOE3:DE did it twice in 30minut. So I deleted the game. Yesterday I thought installing the game once more would help, but the same error occurred just now when I watched the replay.

It's extremely frustrating too because I have to shut down my PC and start it again, even restarting does not help.

Any ideas, please? I will upload my drivers but other than that I'm clueless.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Re: monitor no input after a while

Post by harcha »

sounds like a bad videocard
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Czech Republic siderit
Crossbow
ESO: IamSideritCze

Post by siderit »

Damn, I love my rx480 :D
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

I agree that it is likely the video card, although could also be your power supply. In the past I had some video problems (weird artifacts in my monitors) and it turned out my power supply was insufficient - I got one with a higher power rating and it resolved the problem.

Of course running with a insufficient power supply could also permanently damage your other components, so it could be a "both" situation as well.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

we had a whole system at work which would intermittently go into restart. after several troubleshooting steps it was concluded that it has grown in load recently and the power supply is becoming insufficient causing a restart. so yes, checking power supply and it's wiring is a good recommendation. i've also had a computer shut down or not start when i used an insufficient psu...
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.