Playing on a Mac

Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Playing on a Mac

Post by Hawk_Girl »

Is anyone playing on a Mac with parallels (https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe3d ... parallels/)?
Does anyone use that now or know if it's working?
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Re: Playing on a Mac

Post by boyu »

I've played a few games on my 14" M1 Macbook Pro with Parallels and it's just about playable on the lowest settings. Usually a bit of command lag, especially during big fights etc.

Do you have an Intel-based Mac or an M1/2 chip? With a relatively new intel-based MBP you could probably get away with using Bootcamp and have a better experience I reckon.
United States of America jap_jon
Musketeer

Post by jap_jon »

boyu wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2022, 16:39
I've played a few games on my 14" M1 Macbook Pro with Parallels and it's just about playable on the lowest settings. Usually a bit of command lag, especially during big fights etc.

Do you have an Intel-based Mac or an M1/2 chip? With a relatively new intel-based MBP you could probably get away with using Bootcamp and have a better experience I reckon.
I have this same setup and pretty much the same experience, but with the caveat that I OOS every now and again.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

boyu wrote: ↑
16 Nov 2022, 16:39

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory 16GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

What do you think? Also, any thing that isn't super expensive would be nice if you know anything
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

Hawk_Girl wrote: ↑
17 Nov 2022, 09:39

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory 16GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

What do you think? Also, any thing that isn't super expensive would be nice if you know anything
With these specs you'd definitely be best setting up a Bootcamp partition and going from there - it's free and almost certainly better than Parallels on an M1 Mac!

Hope this helps: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201468