December Bounties

Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Re: December Bounties

Post by Rohbrot »

gibson wrote:Wheres my 5 fucking dollars?
Are you even subbed to ESOC?
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I haven't checked but have replays survived the last patch update?
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

so rip to our recorded games? what do we do now?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Rohbrot wrote:
Are you even subbed to ESOC?
yes
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Do we need to redo the perpetual challenge now?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/829510708
Me at @n0el door

Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Btw, November challange was paid? I didn't kill those 7 AI for nothing!
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

Attachments
artillerytorulethemall.age3Yrec
(3.55 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

I'm very confused having watched to minute 6 and seen a stable go down.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

lol accidentally kills a fort at 20 mins
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

so i just looked at the new single player meme map,

@n0el so are we banning winter wonderland from this bounty?
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:so i just looked at the new single player meme map,

I thought it was quite a nicely balanced mishmash of Plymouth and Great Lakes.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Will post a decision on this by tomorrow.
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No idea what that new map is, but if a map with 6 extra vils, extra crates, extra scouts, livestock and insane treasures is allowed, I don't see why any map should be banned
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

tell you what is a meme, the new map might not actually be better than plymouth, kinda funny actually
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

n0el wrote:

Decision?
Spain pain train is real
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Rohbrot wrote:
n0el wrote:

Decision?
i'm allowing it.
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

After accidentally resigning instead of restarting I never got the desire to spend another four hours just respawning Plymouth which is weird so congrats to either harrison or kaiser. It was not hard for me to get 4:18 pretty quick on this spawn, but once I found that that was possible after employing my optimizations (the shipment arrived at 4:18 and I was mismacro'd but had all the res) I decided to continue being the moral victor and spent hours on a no cheating run.

The winning time will no doubt be played on slow mode with ample pause-micro during the run.

This is a normal speed no pause run.

A few optimizations had to be made -- I had to spawn Plymouth until
1) 500f start (50% chance)
2) 700f on island start (50% chance) and
3) 300f in food treasures around my TC

Just to spawn the required crates there is a 1/4 chance. Then of the 1/4 chances there needs to be a truly goated treasure spawn, and the island crates can't be too far away, and the sheep become an afterthought. After spawning plymouth hundreds of times and extrapolating I probably rate this spawn a 1/1000 chance. With 300f in treasures, you can click up to II the moment your TC finishes building. It's necessary.

I send 3 vills forward to collect a treasure and also collect the AI's crates. I select Dutch as the AI because coin is the limiting res to get to III. I have the AI on Extreme difficulty so that when I attack his vills, they attack back, giving me more time to gather their crates (break-through optimization, this does not occur on sandbox). I need the AI on Extreme difficulty not just Moderate or Hard because they age to II the fastest, which means I can collect the 200c from their age up before I click to III myself.

The harder the AI, the faster their TC builds. I have to pull trick my villagers to reach their TC in time.

I really wanted my name in the annals with aklaak, aiz, etc., even though aklaak, aiz and etc. didn't participate. It's not ez having a conscience, but I believe that justice will be seen thru some day, and of my moral purity I'll be recognized as a beacon amidst a cast of bankrupt heathens -- I can hear heaven sing. I shall ascend a prophet of G.
final thoughts
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Well done @deleted_user4 that is a great effort, i had the AI set to moderate i think so i was able to catch the age 1 coin crates from Maurice TC being completed. also punching the pilgrims and then the 6 settlers produced allowed me to get the res, (as well as their settlers gathering much more slowly on the crates). Setting the AI to extreme to capitalise on AI bugs and then get the extra 200c on his age up is a big brain play i had not though of so kudos for that.

This creates the question of if opponent ages to age 2 then what civ gives best combo of crates in age 1, possible age 1 shipment and age 2.

I ran into XP issues as well but you have also worked out that the settlers moving across the map can pick the treasure en route and so can get an extra 40/50xp if you go for 2 treasures (but you had to get to his TC fast as he was playing as extreme). If you can find and snipe the dutch explorer as he tries and takes a treasure then that solved the XP issue outright.

Looked like you got unlucky with the sheep spawn i liked to have the 2 dock vills eat 2 sheep while waiting for the boat.

Btw you do know you can delete the turkey for an extra 100f? so you only need 200f in treasures of very early sheep kills to get that age 2 in queue as soon as the TC is built. You save 100w by not build the 3rd house, you just delete all vils before batch is completed.

No idea how you managed to do this with no market, as you can sell off all that extra food from the treasures and sheep etc.

Unfortunately there is another map that the challenge can be run on which involves 0 skill 0 micro 0 luck so this wont be a winning time :( I think i only was a couple seconds faster on plymouth but i lost the recorded game from that due to change of patch.

I still want to say that doing that on normal speed is very very impressive i couldn't do that.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Ah, so the winter map is even better? It is good that I gave up then.

I had no idea you could eat the intrepid turkey. This would of course violate my moral purity as I love my intrepid turkey scout. Tbh I didn't even thunk of deleting all vills. Perhaps my heart is too whole for thish.
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

yeah i asked noel to ban it, well kind of, i juust said are we allowing this meme map and he said yes once looked at it.

Ive giving a few people some tips but they all said that they werent interested in actually going for a time so we will see who else has given this a go. I'm just hoping that my big mouth hasnt blabbered the answer away yet
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah I did same shit, spawning the map until you get the right crates, right treasures, and the goats, and slow speed for better macro. Steal comp's crates, get 1 boat to ferry on the island, sell food for coin in market cause you don't need that much food with goats. Age with 500f, click up without 700g, and use it for falc prod instead, ship 2 falcs and that's it. Delete all vils to save a house.

Pretty tedious exercise, I did 4:23 and then stopped cause I had to do real life stuff. Could never be bothered to spawn the map again until you get a golden spawn + try it 10 times in a row to be 2 sec faster.

I think for next events it would be nice to have more restrictions regarding the maps and stealing AI crates and shit. And maybe a challenge where it's less clear which civ to pick / what BO to do, so we see some variety. I think the 100k gold thing was a better challenge for that reason.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea the challenge should be who can come up with a good bo and execute it best not who can spawn the map for 8 hours straight
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Haha why did I even bother submitting my 6:08 :lol: Not even on this planet. Did not know that island had crates!
Argentina CaRp
Skirmisher
ESO: _Attaque_77_CARP

Post by CaRp »

I still wonder how I_HaRRiiSoN_I managed to reach the 100k challenge in 21:38. which map / civ / strategy did you use