December Bounties

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: December Bounties

Post by deleted_user »

Because I hate being aware of how little I know, I want to mitigate the Terrible Expanse in others by posting my own strat and time. This is not as fast as lemmings but I didn't cheat, and I feel good knowing this is achievable in sup if your teammate tributes you 100w.

My fastest time to queue 5 falcs is 5:51, but I had queued the first too early so the full batch didn't pop.
5:51
I was looking forward to optimizing the build further by introducing a 2nd TP (since 1kc timing is the linchpin), prioritizing a 5 pop treasure, and deleting two villagers for pop to save 100w and recoup the wood costs of a 2nd TP, but I've given up knowing I won't come close without cheating.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

lemmings121 wrote:my time is bellow 8mins, so you better start thinking
I hope for you it's a lot below 8 mins haha
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don't think best time should be added. Just try your best to get the best time you can.
"try your best" yeah I could nerd my build more just to be like 5 seconds faster but it's a lot of energy for maybe nothing.
When trying to break a record it makes sense to know what the record is, right?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Could we maybe have the current best time for the one time challenge? I think it would be nice to know what time we have to beat. Right now I submitted my rec but I have no idea how good or bad my time is, and whether I need to to try to improve that time or not
You have to improve, since @lemmings121 is currently leader.
He was before I submitted. I don't know if admins just didn't update since
Its been almost 1hour, probs they did.
But w/e. @deleted_user4 made 5:51, what is pretty good as a time.
Spain pain train is real
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

deleted_user wrote:Because I hate being aware of how little I know, I want to mitigate the Terrible Expanse in others by posting my own strat and time. This is not as fast as lemmings but I didn't cheat, and I feel good knowing this is achievable in sup if your teammate tributes you 100w.

My fastest time to queue 5 falcs is 5:51, but I had queued the first too early so the full batch didn't pop.
I was looking forward to optimizing the build further by introducing a 2nd TP (since 1kc timing is the linchpin), prioritizing a 5 pop treasure, and deleting two villagers to save 100w and recoup the wood costs of a 2nd TP, but I've given up knowing I won't come close without cheating.
Frankly playing on Deccan is already cheating in my opinion.
The rules should be more restricting like give a map pool, whether you're allowed or not to steal the AI crates etc.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

@n0el am I allowed to win making only flamethrowers?
duck
:mds:
imo
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Zutazuta wrote:I curious as to whether people are shipping two falc as part of their strategy or trying to train a batch of 5. I’d guess the latter with some sort of Otto FF and crates?
I shouldn't give info here, but oh well. 2 falcs is just superior because it's more VS than 1000g, plus you don't need to spend time gathering the crates
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

@deleted_user4 , im pretty sure @n0el wouldnt let such tributing allow, since its cheating.
Spain pain train is real
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

yeah shipping two and training three seems best
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

iNcog wrote:yeah shipping two and training three seems best
The question is "which civ u have the potential to hit the best time with".
Spain pain train is real
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Rohbrot wrote:
I do think it's otto

I tried with spain a bit and think they're second. dutch/france/germany might also be good. ship 2 with france, etc.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Zutazuta wrote:I curious as to whether people are shipping two falc as part of their strategy or trying to train a batch of 5. I’d guess the latter with some sort of Otto FF and crates?
I shouldn't give info here, but oh well. 2 falcs is just superior because it's more VS than 1000g, plus you don't need to spend time gathering the crates
You might even save 100w for one house is you manage to overpop.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

iNcog wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
I do think it's otto

I tried with spain a bit and think they're second. dutch/france/germany might also be good. ship 2 with france, etc.
idk about spain, they don't have a fast age politician
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

You can age fast to colonial and get the 400w from admiral politican but dunno if its best.
Spain pain train is real
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Because I hate being aware of how little I know, I want to mitigate the Terrible Expanse in others by posting my own strat and time. This is not as fast as lemmings but I didn't cheat, and I feel good knowing this is achievable in sup if your teammate tributes you 100w.

I was looking forward to optimizing the build further by introducing a 2nd TP (since 1kc timing is the linchpin), prioritizing a 5 pop treasure, and deleting two villagers to save 100w and recoup the wood costs of a 2nd TP, but I've given up knowing I won't come close without cheating.
Frankly playing on Deccan is already cheating in my opinion.
The rules should be more restricting like give a map pool, whether you're allowed or not to steal the AI crates etc.
That's too constraining. I like the "any %" aspect and I only call certain things cheating because they're better than my idea. What you describe, there would likely be a pretty clear optimal build order, and whoever nerds it 100x to save two villager seconds wins, which I know sounds like heaven to you but which is really pretty boring (operating in the time frame of a month, i.e. the seemingly supernatural optimizations the best speed running games have made over decades which are really interesting won't manifest in aoe3)
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

There should be an ultra-nerdy one year long challenge.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:i mean my time is below 12 mins, but i wont say by how much ;)
Lol, you'r currently leader xD
Spain pain train is real
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:There should be an ultra-nerdy one year long challenge.
Like being at the same rank as you were before one year?
Spain pain train is real
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob

Post by n0el »

As some have pointed out, as of now @I_HaRRiiSoN_I is the leader. @lemmings121 has the second best time and @Jerimuno the third.
mad cuz bad
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira

Post by Vinyanyérë »

China win on ladder while only making flamethrowers.

I know Castles aren't artillery foundries and flamethrowers probably have the infantry tag or some other nonsense, this took me 4 tries and 30 elo give me my five dollarsh

FPVOD attached, ignore my sensitive mic and awful macro towards the end

duck
:mds:
imo
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Could we maybe have the current best time for the one time challenge? I think it would be nice to know what time we have to beat. Right now I submitted my rec but I have no idea how good or bad my time is, and whether I need to to try to improve that time or not
You have to improve, since @lemmings121 is currently leader.
you not even top3. get on my level. :P
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

lemmings121 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes
you not even top3. get on my level. :P
Sure I'll do it on plymouth and get best time then
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah gotta say the challenge would be more interesting without plymouth allowed. I found it rather hard to macro properly on deccan, you had to send vils out to grab yaks if you wanted the best possible time, and grab as many treasures as possible. On plymouth it just seems too easy mechanically, anyone can do it, and the build order is super simple too.
Basically whoever gets a slightly superior spawn will grab 100 bucks
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

Try it then
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I would agree that maybe racing to getting 20 falcs to be slightly more interesting than getting 5 (you would have to balance speed and eco) but even in this challenge there are lots of things to consider in terms of your plan and execution that go a lot deeper than just spawn in a map, botto ff and profit

Maybe future bounties have a few restrictions banning maps/civs/cards etc.

The one thing I have learnt is that there is always a way to reduce you time and that's what makea this particular challenge very interesting
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:I would agree that maybe racing to getting 20 falcs to be slightly more interesting than getting 5 (you would have to balance speed and eco) but even in this challenge there are lots of things to consider in terms of your plan and execution that go a lot deeper than just spawn in a map, botto ff and profit

Maybe future bounties have a few restrictions banning maps/civs/cards etc.

The one thing I have learnt is that there is always a way to reduce you time and that's what makea this particular challenge very interesting
imo this months challenge is much more interesting then the last one, but maybe thats just because i'm not treaty player :P

i'm curious to see the final recs of this month, if everyone will get to almost the same build with only 2 seconds diference, or if someone came up with something unique.