E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

What do you think Microsoft will show on E3 2016?

Age of Empires Mobile
19%
Age of Empires 4
51%
Age of Empires 2 Expansion
4%
Age of Empires 3 Expansion
14%
Age of Mythology Expansion
1%
Age of Empires I HD
10%

Total votes: 90

Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

Post by lordraphael »

wheres was the announcement for witcher 4 ? :(
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Will never come and if not with geralt.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Well maybe they decide to let the series die a peaceful death now. Thats better than what happened to COD. People slowly forget how great it started out.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Actually it is pretty much impossible that they will present the game before dropping any hint on the internet (images or teasers).
That's what they did with AOEo atleast.
Image Image Image
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

yemshi wrote:Will never come and if not with geralt.

idk both expansions from tw 3 showed that geralts story isnt finished at all, theres always storys that can be told. I think we will get a witcher 4 at osme point in the future . That franchise has become pretty valuable.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

lordraphael wrote:
yemshi wrote:Will never come and if not with geralt.

idk both expansions from tw 3 showed that geralts story isnt finished at all, theres always storys that can be told. I think we will get a witcher 4 at osme point in the future . That franchise has become pretty valuable.

how could you top witcher 3 as a game though
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

EHRMAGAWD EHRMAGAWD CANT HOLD IT BACK ANY MORE E3 2016 BEST E3 EVVVVVAAAAA CUZ HALO WARS 2 FINALLY ANNOUNCED THANK U SO MUCH MICROSOFT THIS MUCH BETTER THAN NEW AOE HALO WARS 2 YAAAAAY THE BELOVED STRATEGY ''SERIES'' OF ONE GAME SO FAR FINALLLLYYY CONTINUES THIS BETTER THAN ANYTHING WE CUD HOPE FOR RLLY HOPE THERE WILL BE LUUUUUUUTS OF DLCs AND PAY 2 WIN AND MAAANY AMAZING SKINS FOR UNITS THAT I CAN SPEND ALL MY MILLIONS OF EUROS AND DOLLARS AND VARIOUS HARRY POTTER CURRENCIES ON BECAUSE THATS WHATS GAMIMG ABOUT.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

nailed it
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

An rts without pay2win is a bad rts.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Why don't you guys write an open letter to Satya Nadella and ask Microsoft to open-source AOE3.
If they're not planning on doing anything for the desktop, why not just let the game fans develop themselves a follow-up game, maybe using Kickstarter money.

It's 100% clear Microsoft will not make any AOE3 game for desktop anymore in the future. This was it.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Dolan wrote:Why don't you guys write an open letter to Satya Nadella and ask Microsoft to open-source AOE3.
If they're not planning on doing anything for the desktop, why not just let the game fans develop themselves a follow-up game, maybe using Kickstarter money.

It's 100% clear Microsoft will not make any AOE3 game for desktop anymore in the future. This was it.

i think scat rituals might do more for such a cause than open letters
Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

You need to have balls to get anything done. If you're just waiting for the miracle to happen, you gonna grow old waiting. So, you never know, until you tried.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

why bother with the aoe3 IP though?

might as well make a new RTS from scratch :P

there are engines out there which should be able to get the job done
Garja wrote:
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Dolan wrote:Why don't you guys write an open letter to Satya Nadella and ask Microsoft to open-source AOE3.

I think this is a very good idea.

Btw, didn't Zutazuta visit Microsoft several times? Maybe he want to be our ambassador?
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

There is literally a higher chance of getting firearm regulation in the United States than there is Age of Empires 3 going open-source.
Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Look, Microsoft made some surprising decisions lately, like including a Linux/Ubuntu subsystem into Win10, just to attract more developers on their side. Who would have thought 10 years ago you would be able to run Linux commands in Windows natively, without using some shitty 3rd party program.

So, I wouldn't be so categorical about excluding this possibility. It is true, though, that their official policy is that they don't release the source code of their IPs. However, they made their Edge browser engine open-source (https://github.com/Microsoft/ChakraCore). And that's included in Win10. How about that?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I will see it when I believe it.

You could ask I guess, but they're still making money from AoE3 afaik. I just don't see what's in it for them.
Garja wrote:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

You might be right. You can only have a chance if you have a well-organised or big fan base for that title. That's how AOE2 fans managed to persuade Microsoft to make an HD version of it. By having a huge fan base, which AOE3 doesn't have.

So, yeah, most likely it will just continue to be supported as a legacy title for maybe a year or two more. The community is way too small to have any impact with a Kickstarter project.

So that's it for Age of Empires on desktop, it's the end of the line for this RTS classic.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

dietschlander wrote:Btw, didn't Zutazuta visit Microsoft several times?

He did!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

visit? he worked for them..
Garja wrote:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Yeah zuta did something with regards to the balance/gameplay of aoeo right.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

iNcog wrote:visit? he worked for them..

And why did he not walk in with shotgun and re-ask them to make aoe4?
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

that would be too Rude for Thomas ;)))))
Mexico fitosone
Crossbow

Post by fitosone »

By what the released on E3 even if they do release a new AoE and even if they call it 4, its going to be a crossplataform game for xbox and win 10, so it would probably be not as good as the current only pc games since the controls would have to be adapt to console, or at least thats my guess if anything new happens with AoE that its not an HD remake.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

fitosone wrote:By what the released on E3 even if they do release a new AoE and even if they call it 4, its going to be a crossplataform game for xbox and win 10, so it would probably be not as good as the current only pc games since the controls would have to be adapt to console, or at least thats my guess if anything new happens with AoE that its not an HD remake.

From what I heard at e3 they want to bring consoles to the pc level not vice versa. They're bringing in mouse and keyboard support for xbox so I don't see how it would compromise the PC aspect of it.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP