iro with india

No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

calmyourtits wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:it is a very misrepresented card called town destroyer. It makes your explorer do 230-250 siege damage. Many so called pros call this card useless and make fun of anyone who use it, but it is actually an incredibly useful card, if you are actually good with microing iroqois. And even if your explorer just gets focus fired because of this, you can use that to your advantage as well tactically, drawing him in and out, sending him in for one throw, and then pulling him back etc. Just keep a few tomahawk with him for protection to an occasional weakass 2 uhlan attack. That said, vs a really good player I generaly dont send this card. I hardly send it at all anymore actually unless im in a team game fuking with peoples FB making efforts, killing a silly ports tc wagon or siegeing down forward agra as I described
Gee, I wonder why that is.
mainly because I dont want to get made fun of, or pested when it actually works...but what I meant to say is if your not great at iro micro as in doing it all the time dont send the card it wont be worth it. 4kanya better
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

iro with india

Post by Goodspeed »

Newsflash @adderbrain5 you're not as good as you think you are.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

iro with india

Post by SoldieR »

Hey hey, take it easy on the guy
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

iro with india

Post by Goodspeed »

Someone had to tell him ')
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

iro with india

Post by yemshi »

I love the badass voice of the iro hero :7upspot:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

iro with india

Post by rsy »

i think cardiffscott13 wants to iro mirror you. would be interesting to see double 100% iro guys face off
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

calmyourtits wrote:Newsflash @adderbrain5 you''re not as good as you think you are.
how do you know that? I am actually much better than I think I am Im a very humble person. Im not sure what on this post shows me as arrogant? I know you are, because I know you. But anyway. All ive done here is claim to be someone who plays a lot of iro at a pretty high rank. If I said I was champion of the Japanese, or germnas, or brits, maybe you could call me arrogant. But alas, I just said im a great player of an underused civ that most people consider lame. What is arrogant about that?
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

iamsoldier wrote:Hey hey, take it easy on the guy
na its cool man. what is goodspeed these days a lieut? Shit if he wrote a guide maybe I should! No offense bro I know your a good player, and I thought your guide was good, but I had to say it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

iro with india

Post by Garja »

dude iros is the best civ in the game and because of that very likely the civ that all good players ended up playing
Image Image Image
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

iro with india

Post by musketjr »

adderbrain5 wrote:iroqois play has really degenerated its sad. People now just think iro is a lame go to civ to do a lame rush, or to counter one, but it is really so much more. ANd most of the disrespectful bozos probably cant even do that rush properly. It''s not even iroqois best option to do that rush like most ppl will tell u. Maybe I need to write a guide on iro because tho im just a major, I doubt anyone''s played more iro than me. Lately I even got myself into a NR 55 and won as iro. which of you "iro only good at rushing, weak ecoblablabla ppl even would think this is possible?"

you should. maybe a historical analysis a''la the one you did for ports.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

garja wrote:dude iros is the best civ in the game and because of that very likely the civ that all good players ended up playing
as a player I love iro because it has such great potential to do so many different things well if played/deckd correctly. Well said. I cant think of any civ that can do more different things as macro than iro.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

iro with india

Post by Goodspeed »

adderbrain5 wrote:
iamsoldier wrote:Hey hey, take it easy on the guy
na its cool man. what is goodspeed these days a lieut? Shit if he wrote a guide maybe I should! No offense bro I know your a good player, and I thought your guide was good, but I had to say it.
21, I look forward to your innovative Iro play in the next fan patch (:))
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

iro with india

Post by Garja »

india
Image Image Image
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

musketjr wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:iroqois play has really degenerated its sad. People now just think iro is a lame go to civ to do a lame rush, or to counter one, but it is really so much more. ANd most of the disrespectful bozos probably cant even do that rush properly. Its not even iroqois best option to do that rush like most ppl will tell u. Maybe I need to write a guide on iro because tho im just a major, I doubt anyones played more iro than me. Lately I even got myself into a NR 55 and won as iro. which of you "iro only good at rushing, weak ecoblablabla ppl even would think this is possible?"
you should. maybe a historical analysis ala the one you did for ports.
the "historical analysis" I did for ports was a joke( like ports). and yea on a serious note I think people just never heard of iroqois and think they are BS so maybe I should do a real one for Iro!
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

calmyourtits wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:na its cool man. what is goodspeed these days a lieut? Shit if he wrote a guide maybe I should! No offense bro I know your a good player, and I thought your guide was good, but I had to say it.
21, I look forward to your innovative Iro play in the next fan patch (:))
hmf. cant say I know anything about fan patches. I played NERA once or twice.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

iro with india

Post by Jaeger »

adderbrain5 wrote:
musketjr wrote:you should. maybe a historical analysis ala the one you did for ports.
the "historical analysis" I did for ports was a joke( like ports). and yea on a serious note I think people just never heard of iroqois and think they are BS so maybe I should do a real one for Iro!
Well you can just tell us now some iro strategies instead of making an official guide
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

diarouga wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:well I play iro cuz I love iro, they are from where im from, and I feel affinity with them even and their style. They are forest ppl and i love the forest. They like deer meat and so do i etc. But because of all that what you said(which I agree with) I stopped doing that OP shit with iroqois, and actually became a much better iro player because of it. and learned how much more to the civ there is. If I still did all that, I could have ranked way up actually(I dont care about rank beyond finding decent games), but I ended up stopping to rush, because yea it gets to the point where you feel bad, its like your being cheap, and stealing something or doing something unfair, and its not even fun to just rush all the time anyway. Iro should not be banned, maybe just their rush.
Im not saying youre a noob because you play iro but I can also play iro lol.
Also, the strat youre talking about here is an all-in.
yea it is kind of all in, but not totally. You still have your 5 and 4 vil cards, I use both either if the rush is going really well to boom out, or if I get put back on the defensive at all.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

[quote source="/post/16453/thread" timestamp="1434572145" author="@ovi12"][quote author="@adderbrain5" timestamp="1434571656" source="/post/16451/thread"]the "historical analysis" I did for ports was a joke( like ports). and yea on a serious note I think people just never heard of iroqois and think they are BS so maybe I should do a real one for Iro!
[/quote]Well you can just tell us now some iro strategies instead of making an official guide[/quote]well I really want to, but I don't think I could do it to your satisfaction with exact build orders, every single matchup, times etc. . Im not on all the time anymore, and im out of practice for sure. But when I play now, this is generally what I do on any map and any matchup. It generally works for me playing same PR. It may not be the best possible competitive thing to do in every MU but it works, and I do it cuz I like it and its a safe flexible bet.

1) convert a guardian with warchief near TC, have vil collect treasure, collect food, then wood, leave gold, all vil on hunts.

2)after converting guardian warchief goes immediately to build TP.

3)if enough wood and you feel like your opponent wont pressure it wood build another TP, or a market/firepit if you feel like that TP is too close to opponent and easily destroyed. Imo its better to have two TP than a market/firepit, but not necessary. On your way to build TP #2 convert another guardian/get treasure.
4)send 3 vil as first card, age up with about 15 using fast age up. If you are vs a Sioux, Aztec, or even a buffed up Spanish explorer with wardogs you might consider sending high chief instead if there is going to be a standoff. Killing his warchief will give you enough xp to get another shipment, and High chief is always a good shipment, becuause it makes your aura warchief harder to kill. Not to mention it is convienient to be able to train food wasting wolves amidst something like a strelet mass in a pinch which they own no problem.
5)In transition, continue converting guardians, getting treasures, scouting for FB, put some vils (maybe almost half) on wood because you will need it soon for another house, and possibly some tomahawk.
6)Now you are aged up for which you get a travois. If you want to send it to a forward location to secure more hunts or pursue a more aggressive stance, then send the travois forward and build a war hut. I always do it near a gold mine with herdable hunts nearby. If you are vs Sioux, or even the occasional Spanish with war dogs protect your travois. One thing especially Sioux players love to do is kill the wagon with their warchief. If a Sioux camps your town center waiting for the wagon, you will have to garrison your TC to kill it. Losing your travois is a huge setback. More likely, he wont be so stupid, and will ambush the wagon on its way to build. That's why you should not put down the foundation until the wagon gets there. If he sees the foundation he will know where to look. Also, if hes chasing it, and you end up having to try to build it immediately, you don't want to have to fuck around trying to cancel the first foundation. So what I would ideally do vs Sioux is this: keep more than half vils on food while agin, maybe almost all so that you have 500 at age up, Immediately hit the big button, getting 5 tomahawk. Those will accompany the travois to forward location along with your warchief perhaps. Also, if you sent high chief you might have the option to train a few coyote if you see him camping.

7)you should already have another shipment upon aging to colonial. what you send depends on you. You obviously aged up before him, so no need to send a defensive army. Your travois is still traveling to build, so even if your going aggressive, no point in sending infantry yet because you cant waypoint it. So what I would do is either ship Kanya horsemen and get a little raid going(especially on Forward basing vils if hes trying to rush you back) or ship the 5 vil card and get a nice boom going. Whatever you do, you will need another house soon, so build one with the vils on wood, and redirect them back to wood when they are done.

8)From here on out it just depends on him with what you do. You are in a flexible position to continue to mass, ship military like 7 aenna, or even collect 500 gold for mantlets(I don't do this but my good friend swears by it, and Ive seen him use it well). With your two trade posts you will find your boom going well once you ship the 4 vils card, and you can send 600 gold to age up, if you can tell he is not taking too aggressive a policy. You should be able to age up with a decent mass that can match his in most cases before or as he does.

If you find yourself fighting in colonial, its important to keep vils on wood to make sure you don't run out of it for hawks. Notes on micro, in combat, crackshot with your chief every chance you get. Use it on clumps as much as possible. With this one shot alone, you can seriously weaken a batch of musks or sepoy especially if you have high chief. If a mass of strelet or slingers are wounded you might just blow them all away. If you find yourself facing masses of light inf, set some tomo to melee, and have your archers shoot. Use crackshot to weaken the mass significantly. If you go in and he calls minutemen, run. Then if he leaves the minutemen standing around, return a minute later with your chief, and crackshot the center minuteman, blowing them all to hell in one shot...amazing! Try to keep your chief alive. You don't want him getting that kill XP for sure, and of course he Is important. At some point build ur market and get hunting dogs/placer mines.

A note on town destroyer:a great card to send vs Japanese players who love to shrine the whole map. Since japs rarely make much cav, and it costs them dearly to do it, get this card early, and send your chief around the map solo to trash shrines while your army fights elsewhere. If he tries to just totally shrine boom, you know, one of those fools who makes a consulate and no barax, hit and run his shrines/ buildings with this until you have him on his knees and cursing. What he might eventually do is try to age and turtle with castles or something. that's no problem because you are growing your eco as well, and hopefully aging soon.

9) aging up
Make sure you have at least one shipment ready when aging up. Age up with 4 mantlets directed to ur FB. While aging, chop enough wood for a town center, and have your chief build it in some resource heavy area you think you can defend. If possible have some vils help him. You will only need to build one if you want to full boom, because you will get your third from a card along with 10 vils.

10) Hopefully you will be even at least with your opponent after some well microed colonial fighting. I don't like to age up until I feel have the upper hand at least somewhat. With your first shipment you send what most so called pros cant bear to send"national unity"....that's right a card that itself gives you nothing, but now all those 1000 gold shipments only cost 250 so make sure while sending this card, you gather that 250 as your next shipment is about to come in from those TP u held on to. So if you are ready so smash him, but just need that siege, send the mantlet/ram combo, or if hes super heavy in ashi or sepoy, send the prowlers. If hes cav heavy, send the siege, and the 14 hawks coupled with the second big button for an unstoppable train of destruction. Make sure u up ur hawks of course. An alternative is to send 11 halbrediers for 500 gold and the mantlet/ram shipment along with the 4 you aged up with. One thing I can say is opponents rarely suspect the sheer OP power of iros age 3 shipments. Even good ones generally underestimate it. use that to your advantage I guess.

One huge threat to iro in fortress is falcs. The two falc shipment tho can be easily dealt with by stealthd prowlers if necessary, but better by kanya horsemen, whose only purpose is this. They get a 1.8 bonus vs artillery, and do straightup own falcs. Even 4 or 5 can own a few falcs. The 9 kanya 2 medicine men shipment can be good for this. I cant really justify upgrading them tho since I use them so little.

Or if you really want to boom, send the TC and 10 vils first. I like to do that often actually if I feel it wont be definitively over soon. The power of iros vil/tcvil shipments along with the firepit actually outclasses most other booms other civs can manage. Yes it is possible to outboom other civs(except brits)

Now, if you are facing ottoman, and he figures out he can just mass abus and you cant do shit, now that you are in age 3 you actually can. Forest prowlers actually eat abus for breakfast with the extra range at the warhut big button. You can easily outmass abus, and now that u out range and outspeed your in business. Or you could stealth them and bring them up close to own in melee.

Improtant note:hold on to your TPs. They are your life with the great military shipments and ecos as well. Upgrade them, and maybe switch them to gold since iro cant mine worth ****Also try to add another if you can.

Gendarms. I have mixed thoughts about this card, but its in my deck. The 5 gendarme can be really useful vs pesky mass longbow, though I don't feel they are even necessary to own strelet. Tomo seem to do that well enough with archers. Even better though, because most players can outmicro these slow guys is to surprise your opponents far goldmine with a raid. That can be a really good play especialy vs vil booming civs like india/brits. Unless he saw it in your deck it can be kind of a WTF moment to be raided by iroqois Cuir (called "renegade French") Sometimes I notice the shock factor psychologically of cuir coming from iro is too much for my opponent to bear. In fact one time, all I had to do was tell him Im sending gendarme now, for him to quit(I was winning anyway that time though.)

Now as the game advances and you surpass his vils by far you should have between 10/15-25 vils on ur pit at all times. wardance while you continue fighting travois spawn for securing forward positions and for houses, and booming out vils by keeping most vils on hunts, and fertility dance with all 3 towns making vils. Now if hunts are running low, start spawning travois for farms, and get the agrarian ways card which upgrades them for free. Creating buildings like plantations and farmsgives you enough XP to get this shipment if you need it along with a few seconds of the gift XP dance if necessary. Also ship the iroqois woodworking card to get all wood ups for free if you get an extra shipment in fortress and feel militarily comfortable.

If the occasional raid gets into your core, send the third or second if you haven't yet big button shipment to your center TC to deal with it. It will be 10 or 15 hawks respectively.

INDUSTRIAL AGE. Age up with the resource crates. Ship 10 siege if you need it, or old ways and since it should be nearing 20 min, send the big button crates from plantation/house/farm when you need them. Sometimes I am rich enough to go straight to 5 after all of this, and that's good because you get an extra 20 vil. If you firepit boomed with 3 tc alongside your opponent you will max vil long before him unless he is ports, brits, az or Sioux, but vs ports you should be blocking his expansion hard. No matter what you will likely max vils faster than him.

LATE/end GAME/IMPERIAL: People think of iroqois as weak late game. This is so not true it's ridiculous, but in a rush game, it often is true alongside civs like French with instant cuir that are stupid op no matter what. But this is mainly because you will have spared a lot of military cards for the others I mentioned. You also forgo some eco cards, so at this point bring all ur vils into safety so that you maintain 120 don't lose 15 way out on some far wood to a raid cuz youll never get back to 120 again. So the best idea is to win as soon as you max vils, and before he booms fully. This is generally not that hard, as you can just spam at him with 100 vils gathering while he has maybe 55-65. If the game goes full late game which obviously never happens competitively, you will be at a disadvantage no matter what, as all euro armies need few cards to still be very strong late game, which is not true for iro. But it is still possible. Wood will be a problem of course never build buildings spawn them, and try to make food/gold troops like skirms, and musket riders(which unfortunately suck but work to some degree) for anticav.

That's pretty much it hope you liked it. GG
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

iro with india

Post by deleted_user0 »

10/10 will try this next time i play!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

iro with india

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:10/10 will try this next time i play!
Lol ')
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

iro with india

Post by zoom »

adderbrain5 wrote:
yemshi wrote:Whta is this card acctually?
it is a very misrepresented card called town destroyer. It makes your explorer do 230-250 siege damage. Many so called pros call this card useless and make fun of anyone who use it, but it is actually an incredibly useful card, if you are actually good with microing iroqois. And even if your explorer just gets focus fired because of this, you can use that to your advantage as well tactically, drawing him in and out, sending him in for one throw, and then pulling him back etc. Just keep a few tomahawk with him for protection to an occasional weakass 2 uhlan attack. That said, vs a really good player I generaly dont send this card. I hardly send it at all anymore actually unless im in a team game fuking with peoples FB making efforts, killing a silly ports tc wagon or siegeing down forward agra as I described
Its not at all useless' its just competitively unviable.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

iro with india

Post by zoom »

calmyourtits wrote:Someone had to tell him ')
Why are you always such a dick?

What if he''s Kiljardi''s brother!?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

iro with india

Post by zoom »

calmyourtits wrote:Tested this MU extensively for PK tourney. The easiest way to win as Iro is the 9 min semi-FF with 7-8 min colonial pressure then send 1200 res, scout and go industrial if he tries to follow you up.
But fast age 600w 5v then colonial play should win too iirc.
Industrial! That''s a good one Admin-kid!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

iro with india

Post by zoom »

adderbrain5 wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:Newsflash @adderbrain5 youre not as good as you think you are.
how do you know that? I am actually much better than I think I am Im a very humble person. Im not sure what on this post shows me as arrogant? I know you are, because I know you. But anyway. All ive done here is claim to be someone who plays a lot of iro at a pretty high rank. If I said I was champion of the Japanese, or germnas, or brits, maybe you could call me arrogant. But alas, I just said im a great player of an underused civ that most people consider lame. What is arrogant about that?
Maybe he could call you ignorant if you said you were champion of Jap bastards united, or maybe he could call you ignorant if you just said in the same, above post "I am actually much better than I think I am Im a very humble person. Im not sure what on this post shows me as arrogant? I know you are, because I know you".

Edit: At first I thought this kid was trolling, but then I saw his reply to Ovi the Bovine 12
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

zoom wrote:
adderbrain5 wrote:it is a very misrepresented card called town destroyer. It makes your explorer do 230-250 siege damage. Many so called pros call this card useless and make fun of anyone who use it, but it is actually an incredibly useful card, if you are actually good with microing iroqois. And even if your explorer just gets focus fired because of this, you can use that to your advantage as well tactically, drawing him in and out, sending him in for one throw, and then pulling him back etc. Just keep a few tomahawk with him for protection to an occasional weakass 2 uhlan attack. That said, vs a really good player I generaly dont send this card. I hardly send it at all anymore actually unless im in a team game fuking with peoples FB making efforts, killing a silly ports tc wagon or siegeing down forward agra as I described
Its not at all useless' its just competitively unviable.
Well Im trying to argue that it is not competitively unviable, at least in a few situations, mainly vs japs and India. It is also good vs china since their far villaiges make them easily housed. Civ like Sioux, az, iro having no minutemen can make this card powerful, because you can essentially siege down their TC without the TC killing you if you hit them early, and get a few vils on the way or cut them off from retreat to the TC