some questions about sioux

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

vs brit
brit 2 rax musk or lb pike, and sometimes even fb. if i straight ff or semi ff i got raped easily. but if i train cetan bow axe rider and defend, soon he will have a huge eco. so what's the better counter?

vs french
we are both in age 3. and we have similar eco. he spam dragoon skirm. what unit combo should i train? wakina lose to skirm with no doubt. bow rider vs skirm dragoon is a tough job. axe rider counter skirm in theory, but they only have 250hp 0.2rr, and they have 0.75?? multiplier to goons, making them worse than uhlans when facing dragoons.

vs spain
he ff. sometimes 12p no eco ff. what should i do? i need to reach age 3 in 7:30. i need to train some wakina and send rifle rider to counter mass pikes. i need a tp for shipments. and a war hut is a must. a stable too. a market is good. a firepit is useful against pike rush.
but how can i do so many things in 7:30?

vs india
he does a 10/10 sepoy rush. i send 6 cetan bow, train 5 to defend, and he left. but what should i do later? his agra fort is just in front of my base. i raid with cav, killing his vills, but his mass sepoy rush into my base at the same time. and it seems that my eco is still worse than his. and after that i get out of hunt, but he has agra. if i age up and he sends tiger claw and gg. if i don't age up i don't know how can i win.
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Just read the first line and saw your mistake, you said train cetan bow and axe rider. Only train Bow riders (in age 2 at least) Their broken and obviously the best thing.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

giveuanxiety wrote:Just read the first line and saw your mistake, you said train cetan bow and axe rider. Only train Bow riders (in age 2 at least) Their broken and obviously the best thing.

bow riders are countered by xbow and longbow. and usually euro civs have better early colonial eco and more units.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

I know in theory it would seem like they are countered by xbow and longbows, but in reality there are not. Not new news. That's why people have been doing only bow riders for a while now.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

No Flag nazz121
Musketeer

Post by nazz121 »

Sioux hurt my head, i find out ways to beat civs, learn from my mistakes etc for every civ... but sioux.

I just play standard and hope i do well and they don't -_-
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

ya sioux is really broken and stupid civ atm. They should really be banned from tour if iro and otto are imo.

No Flag nazz121
Musketeer

Post by nazz121 »

I don't think there op, just weird and broken xD
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

a xbow pike rush beats sioux easily if he only spam bow rider and don't do some defense. some axe rider and bow is a must, and garja even said sioux should not train any bow riders against bow pike rush.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

what? did I say that? lol
Image Image Image
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

[attachment id="1070"]
yeah i can brag for all my life with this lol :happytomato:

but vs brit things may change. brit has better eco than french, and they have longbow and upgraded muskets.
Attachments
[RE SP] CoupRider[SI] vs RyanMankle[FR] - ESOC Manchuria.age3yrec
(422.65 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
ESOC Manchuria
ESOC Manchuria
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 11 minutes
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

paul wrote:yeah i can brag for all my life with this lol :happytomato:

but vs brit things may change. brit has better eco than french, and they have longbow and upgraded muskets.
lol gg, I''ve just watched your rec but I didn''t get something : why did you send 3 grizzlies instead of 2 dogsoldiers ?
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

paul wrote:vs brit
brit 2 rax musk or lb pike, and sometimes even fb. if i straight ff or semi ff i got raped easily. but if i train cetan bow axe rider and defend, soon he will have a huge eco. so what''s the better counter?

vs french
we are both in age 3. and we have similar eco. he spam dragoon skirm. what unit combo should i train? wakina lose to skirm with no doubt. bow rider vs skirm dragoon is a tough job. axe rider counter skirm in theory, but they only have 250hp 0.2rr, and they have 0.75?? multiplier to goons, making them worse than uhlans when facing dragoons.

vs spain
he ff. sometimes 12p no eco ff. what should i do? i need to reach age 3 in 7:30. i need to train some wakina and send rifle rider to counter mass pikes. i need a tp for shipments. and a war hut is a must. a stable too. a market is good. a firepit is useful against pike rush.

vs india
he does a 10/10 sepoy rush. i send 6 cetan bow, train 5 to defend, and he left. but what should i do later? his agra fort is just in front of my base. i raid with cav, killing his vills, but his mass sepoy rush into my base at the same time. and it seems that my eco is still worse than his. and after that i get out of hunt, but he has agra. if i age up and he sends tiger claw and gg. if i don''t age up i don''t know how can i win.

Spain vs Sioux is so unfair... You just spam only bow riders and Spain can do nothing... Falcs, pikes, rods, hussars, lancers, dogs all lose to kiting bow riders, and you cant get many skirms out.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

yurashic wrote:
paul wrote:vs brit
brit 2 rax musk or lb pike, and sometimes even fb. if i straight ff or semi ff i got raped easily. but if i train cetan bow axe rider and defend, soon he will have a huge eco. so whats the better counter?

vs french

vs spain

vs india
he does a 10/10 sepoy rush. i send 6 cetan bow, train 5 to defend, and he left. but what should i do later? his agra fort is just in front of my base. i raid with cav, killing his vills, but his mass sepoy rush into my base at the same time. and it seems that my eco is still worse than his. and after that i get out of hunt, but he has agra. if i age up and he sends tiger claw and gg. if i dont age up i dont know how can i win.
Spain vs Sioux is so unfair... You just spam only bow riders and Spain can do nothing... Falcs, pikes, rods, hussars, lancers, dogs all lose to kiting bow riders, and you cant get many skirms out.
but its age 2 bow rider... and spain can easily mass 30+ pikes with a few skirms. thats a tough work.
anyway, is the evening star(axe rider into rifle rider) available versus spain?
i used to have a semiff vs spain. i beat piroshiki many times, but lost to him too. but sometimes i lose to noob spain players. im not sure if im doing the right thing.

AND PIROSHIKI LAGS. its a joke to kite him.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

shaolinstar wrote:
paul wrote:yeah i can brag for all my life with this lol :happytomato:

lol gg, Ive just watched your rec but I didnt get something : why did you send 3 grizzlies instead of 2 dogsoldiers ?

grizzlies has similar hp and attack with a hussar. but they DONT get countered by pikes. so they are awesome against pike rush. think about 3 mamelukes in age 2.
but, if i know he trains mass xbow instead of pike, i may send 2 dog soldiers.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

seems legit then
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Hit and run with bowriders is a pain in the ass because of bowriders stupid animation, but I guess thats their one weakness. But seriously with master sergeant macro you should be able to get out 16 bowriders in the your first two batches and with good macro 18. This just destroys any other civs first two batches and from there soiux just snowballs out of control. If you ff or semi ff against that you basically just loose because there are no hard counters for bow riders and you won't be able to gather more then 2 feet away from your tc with 20 br running around. I'm not sure why you would semi ff or ff as soiux. Sure, rifle riders are good, but there so expensive. Wakitina are Ok, but they aren't anything special. I just dont know why you would ff by the time you get out 10 musketrider and 9 wakitini you could have had probably 30 br if you stayed age 2.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

and what about lame india rush? he sends all the age2 military shipments.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

Garja changes his mind very often anyway Sioux Op and I don't see a possibility to beat them with musk fb
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

paul wrote:and what about lame india rush? he sends all the age2 military shipments.
If the sioux plays well he wins, the thing is that most sioux player don''t know how to hold a rush (otherwise they wouldn''t play sioux lol). The key is to raid him so your opponent can''t gather[span] and then timing with cetans/bears+brs when you have enough mass.[/span]
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:and what about lame india rush? he sends all the age2 military shipments.
If the sioux plays well he wins, the thing is that most sioux player dont know how to hold a rush (otherwise they wouldnt play sioux lol). The key is to raid him so your opponent cant gather[span] and then timing with cetans/bears+brs when you have enough mass.[/span]

yeah i raided and killed 7+ vills. but my base is in a mess too. how can i defend 20 sepoy and keep gathering with my cav raiding outside? and tiger claw really imba. after 8:00 sioux may run out of hunt, but india has agra.
a timing push? an agra fort can beat 20 br. a tc can beat 30. and br cant beat sepoy at all.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

paul wrote:
diarouga wrote:If the sioux plays well he wins, the thing is that most sioux player dont know how to hold a rush (otherwise they wouldnt play sioux lol). The key is to raid him so your opponent cant gather[span] and then timing with cetans/bears+brs when you have enough mass.[/span]
yeah i raided and killed 7+ vills. but my base is in a mess too. how can i defend 20 sepoy and keep gathering with my cav raiding outside? and tiger claw really imba. after 8:00 sioux may run out of hunt, but india has agra.
a timing push? an agra fort can beat 20 br. a tc can beat 30. and br cant beat sepoy at all.
How does he have 20 sepoys? He can make 12, then 3-4 and then nothing, his sepoys die faster than he can train them.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:yeah i raided and killed 7+ vills. but my base is in a mess too. how can i defend 20 sepoy and keep gathering with my cav raiding outside? and tiger claw really imba. after 8:00 sioux may run out of hunt, but india has agra.
How does he have 20 sepoys? He can make 12, then 3-4 and then nothing, his sepoys die faster than he can train them.

not that easy...... some of his hunts are just under his tc. and some vills are gathering food under the agra fort. you can raid and kill his vills, but its not easy to destroy his eco.
also some india players do a 10/10 early rush and then defend his hunt and do a timing push in 2-3 minutes. its not easy for sioux to gather 2200 resource and age up and have enough unit to defend that.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

imo you should play more colonial. it 100% solves your problem against spain, and helps a lot vs india.
vs india you might age up, but not as semi ff, just play a bit in colo before aging up...