Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

16 Feb 2018, 10:22

yes, or nerf sepoy attack by 1 and give them back hp.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
GameRanger ID: 5529322

16 Feb 2018, 10:50

Sepoys are fine right now, and india is a strong civ
My YouTube channel

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

16 Feb 2018, 11:14

India is top civ after Sioux, so basically the actual top civ
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

16 Feb 2018, 11:31

Unnecessary sowar cost reduction will do that. The sepoy nerf was compensated by the house buff so I don't know why they received another buff on top of that.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

16 Feb 2018, 11:34

WickedCossack wrote:Unnecessary sowar cost reduction

What cost reduction? I see people mentioning this, but it isnt in patch notes, and the price is the same as always o.O
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

16 Feb 2018, 11:37

WickedCossack wrote:Unnecessary sowar cost reduction will do that. The sepoy nerf was compensated by the house buff so I don't know why they received another buff on top of that.
Because of widespread complaints that they would otherwise be too weak. I'm glad you think the problem is the Sowar Buff, though.
Retired Contributor

16 Feb 2018, 11:39

lemmings121 wrote:

What cost reduction? I see people mentioning this, but it isnt in patch notes, and the price is the same as always o.O

They now cost 75f, 75c.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

16 Feb 2018, 11:40

WickedCossack wrote:Unnecessary sowar cost reduction will do that. The sepoy nerf was compensated by the house buff so I don't know why they received another buff on top of that.
Because of the vast backlash of the sepoy change and the complaint that it was pushing India towards fortress styles too much, which I did see the merit of. People also expected India to be weak after the sepoy nerf.

I don't think the sowar change would be the cause of India being too strong though. More likely the house buff is more significant than people expected.
Are their winning builds colonial builds or fortress? Do they make a lot of sowar?
Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
XeeleeFlower wrote:I don't mind open endings as long as the story continues at some point
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

16 Feb 2018, 11:42

lemmings121 wrote:

From 80f, 80c to 75f, 75c.

Its just a slight buff. Sowars are pretty weak without cards, they are not worth more than 150 resources anyway.
Retired Contributor

16 Feb 2018, 12:02

Goodspeed wrote:Because of the vast backlash of the sepoy change and the complaint that it was pushing India towards fortress styles too much, which I did see the merit of. People also expected India to be weak after the sepoy nerf.

I don't think the sowar change would be the cause of India being too strong though. More likely the house buff is more significant than people expected.
Are their winning builds colonial builds or fortress? Do they make a lot of sowar?

They would still be good without the sowar buff, like I said at the time it was just an unnecessary boost on top of that. Most of the complaints were about the style change and not that the result would be a weak India. On the EP I build more sowars than I make sepoys. :lol: Winning builds are pretty mixed, I think in the tournament we saw them stay age 2 and go age 3/4 with good success allround.
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

16 Feb 2018, 13:36

Both agra and karni builds ar rather effective.
Sowar buff does help colonial agra builds as you get bit more sowars out at the reldvant point of the game and with more ease.
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

17 Feb 2018, 13:04

breeze wrote:I think india is fine right now, the only problem is their rush doesn't work at all since the maps are balanced ( expect some of them )

You say that, but India actually won most of the games where people played aggressively in the tournament.

I think India is in a good spot right now, I wouldn't change anything to be honest.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

17 Feb 2018, 13:19

Are people taking no TP maps into account when discussing india? How would india be top civ on TP maps? I dont see how they 'beat' any decent fortress civ atm on standard maps.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

17 Feb 2018, 14:22

Some input on how India deals with semi FF civs now.
Attachments
[EP4-1 SP] Templar_[FR] vs 456[IN] - ESOC Arkansas.age3yrec
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
ESOC Arkansas
ESOC Arkansas
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 4.1
Length: 20 minutes
[EP4-1 SP] _Riot[IN] vs SomppuKunkku[FR] - ESOC Mendocino.age3yrec
(501.85 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
ESOC Mendocino
ESOC Mendocino
Length: 18 minutes
[EP4-1 SP] _Riot[IN] vs Butifle[DU] - ESOC Gran Chaco.age3yrec
(653.37 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
ESOC Gran Chaco
ESOC Gran Chaco
Length: 29 minutes
Portugal breeze
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: Breezebrothers

17 Feb 2018, 14:35

Garja wrote:Some input on how India deals with semi FF civs now.

Shotz fired @somppukunkku
Garja wrote:Why did you just say to him you beat me? Don't Show my games, Don't talk my games, Don't chat my games

_H2O wrote: Hey! I Courage you to play fairly, And have fun from this game!

Diarouga wrote:Every top players react like a child when they loose waterbrothers.
Finland somppukunkku
Howdah
Donator 02

17 Feb 2018, 14:56

France is not my best civ and I did some bad decisions. I pushed with 2 cannons too early, thinking garja is aging, should have scouted better.
I think this match up is quite 50/50 now as its supposed to be.
When I win, it's with homo, illegal and wrong strats.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

01 Jun 2018, 17:38

meme civ
Diarouga: How exactly am I arrogant
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02

01 Jun 2018, 17:48

no

Forum Info