Germany lordraphael
Howdah
EWTDonator 01
Posts: 1986

10 Apr 2018, 18:43

Result
Attachments
[EP4.2 SP] Mitoe[CH] vs LordRaphael[DU] - ESOC Florida.age3yrec
(1001.71 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
[EP4.2 SP] Mitoe[AZ] vs LordRaphael[AZ] - ESOC Indonesia.age3yrec
(991.84 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
[EP4.2 SP] Mitoe[JP] vs LordRaphael[RU] - ESOC Bengal.age3yrec
(954.21 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 2893
ESO: Tedere12
Location: Greece
Game: AoE Online
GameRanger Id: 4253320

10 Apr 2018, 18:45

post screenshots or DQ
Image
User avatar
France P i k i l i c
Lancer
Posts: 957
ESO: Pikilic
Location: Dijon, France
GameRanger Id: 7497456

10 Apr 2018, 18:56

Congratulations to LordRaphael, btw would be cool to see badges for big tournaments as well
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic
User avatar
India princeofcarthage
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1083
ESO: Sav0rybeef
Location: Milky Way!

10 Apr 2018, 19:06

P i k i l i c wrote:Congratulations to LordRaphael, btw would be cool to see badges for big tournaments as well

@Mitoe
Fantastic Friday Showdown
Fantastic Discord : https://discord.gg/69XVRE4
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/trgaoe3

Image

#SavetheBeef
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
Posts: 2935
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

10 Apr 2018, 19:07

For some reason I always pick into bad/weird matchups when I play vs Raphael :hmm:
User avatar
India princeofcarthage
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1083
ESO: Sav0rybeef
Location: Milky Way!

10 Apr 2018, 19:13

Mitoe wrote:For some reason I always pick into bad/weird matchups when I play vs Raphael :hmm:

are you ready to get rekt in bo5 chess now?
Fantastic Friday Showdown
Fantastic Discord : https://discord.gg/69XVRE4
Twitch : https://www.twitch.tv/trgaoe3

Image

#SavetheBeef
User avatar
India gh0st
Lancer
Posts: 659
ESO: gh0st007
Location: India

10 Apr 2018, 19:15

Mitoe wrote:For some reason I always pick into bad/weird matchups when I play vs Raphael :hmm:


bad excuse.
Saying something like "Yeah can happen when you pick a shit match up on a map that disadvantages you and play suboptimal. Good thing that this tourney is useless so it doesn't really matter." would had been better, but ok.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
Posts: 2935
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

10 Apr 2018, 19:24

princeofcarthage wrote:
Mitoe wrote:For some reason I always pick into bad/weird matchups when I play vs Raphael :hmm:

are you ready to get rekt in bo5 chess now?

EZ

gh0st wrote:bad excuse.
Saying something like "Yeah can happen when you pick a shit match up on a map that disadvantages you and play suboptimal. Good thing that this tourney is useless so it doesn't really matter." would had been better, but ok.

Wasn't trying to make an excuse (though it certainly sounds like one), just reflecting on it.

I feel as if I could win a series vs any player, but for some reason whenever I play vs Raphael I experience this weird mental block where I just have no clue what I should do at any point during or in-between games. I think in the last 20 games we've played I've won maybe 4 games or something--I don't think there's any other player that takes that many games off of me so easily. I'd rather play vs BlackStar or H2O than I would vs Raphael :P

I overthink the games or something. Or maybe he's just reading my mind? :hmm:
User avatar
India gh0st
Lancer
Posts: 659
ESO: gh0st007
Location: India

10 Apr 2018, 19:42

Mitoe wrote:
gh0st wrote:bad excuse.
Saying something like "Yeah can happen when you pick a shit match up on a map that disadvantages you and play suboptimal. Good thing that this tourney is useless so it doesn't really matter." would had been better, but ok.

Wasn't trying to make an excuse (though it certainly sounds like one), just reflecting on it.

I feel as if I could win a series vs any player, but for some reason whenever I play vs Raphael I experience this weird mental block where I just have no clue what I should do at any point during or in-between games. I think in the last 20 games we've played I've won maybe 4 games or something--I don't think there's any other player that takes that many games off of me so easily. I'd rather play vs BlackStar or H2O than I would vs Raphael :P

I overthink the games or something. Or maybe he's just reading my mind? :hmm:


yea ik. Was just kidding tho,joke reference
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
Posts: 2935
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

10 Apr 2018, 19:46

Yeah, no I got the reference XD
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 8603
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland

10 Apr 2018, 21:19

Mitoe wrote:For some reason I always pick into bad/weird matchups when I play vs Raphael :hmm:

or you buy wrong resources :food: :wood:
or you throw won games
anyhow, happy birthday :flowers:
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 5855
ESO: Garja

10 Apr 2018, 21:41

Mitoe wrote:I overthink the games or something. Or maybe he's just reading my mind? :hmm:

You just picked China vs Dutch and did weird stuff, Aztec mirror you failed at micro and last game you suicided with Japan vs Russia and without a counterstrat.
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7492
Location: USA

10 Apr 2018, 21:56

yea the first game and last game was just bad builds, middle game bad micro
Germany lordraphael
Howdah
EWTDonator 01
Posts: 1986

10 Apr 2018, 22:06

gibson wrote:yea the first game and last game was just bad builds, middle game bad micro

thats basically the story of every game tho. Its always a combination of micro, macro, builds, decision,making that lead to the defeat.
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 5855
ESO: Garja

10 Apr 2018, 22:13

Ye tho a bit disappointing since Mitoe could have just mirrored first game too and then picked India or Russia on Bengal.
User avatar
Argentina AraGun
Dragoon
Posts: 456
ESO: AraGun_OP
Location: Buenos Aires

10 Apr 2018, 22:28

can clearly see the pr difference in these games xD
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7492
Location: USA

10 Apr 2018, 22:51

lordraphael wrote:
gibson wrote:yea the first game and last game was just bad builds, middle game bad micro

thats basically the story of every game tho. Its always a combination of micro, macro, builds, decision,making that lead to the defeat.

I mean thats true but in the first and last game he just straight up lost cause of doing a bad build, which is a bit rare at this level.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 7525
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

10 Apr 2018, 23:02

Congrat's! I can't believe someone lost to Rafu's Aztecs, though. I guess it took shipping 5 Coyotes to pull it off.
The normalization of rape is a serious, global issue. Despite somehow thinking that rape is a worse crime than murder, ewwmeeww has no sympathy for its victims. The ever ignorant emu respects but his own arrogance and pretentiousness.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
Posts: 2935
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

10 Apr 2018, 23:28

Garja wrote:
Mitoe wrote:I overthink the games or something. Or maybe he's just reading my mind? :hmm:

You just picked China vs Dutch and did weird stuff, Aztec mirror you failed at micro and last game you suicided with Japan vs Russia and without a counterstrat.

Yeah, I didn't have a good plan, and Raphael just played solid overall; doesn't change the fact that I've lost almost all of my recent games to him. I guess I tried too hard to do stuff he wouldn't expect to compensate for that, and it cost me big since I hadn't actually prepared any of it. In reality I should've been more confident in my ability to win a more standard game in a tournament setting. Lesson learned for next time!
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger
Posts: 4363

10 Apr 2018, 23:44

botmitoe
Venividivici_w: i heard h20 signed up last minute. Prob waited for roby not signing up so he wouldnt get smashed again
My recently started youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg
User avatar
Argentina AraGun
Dragoon
Posts: 456
ESO: AraGun_OP
Location: Buenos Aires

11 Apr 2018, 00:59

Yea mitoe, exactly the fact you didn't have time to prepare and tried to pull of something unexpected to win is what makes this style of tournament fun. Good players improvise on the fly and adapt. Cant always practice same MU 20 times on same map before a tournament that is kind of mechanical and boring.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTDonator 03
Posts: 2935
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger Id: 346407

11 Apr 2018, 03:00

Disregarding the fact that it was obvious that Raphael would make it to the finals and that the finals were postponed by 2 days, I still could've thought of good picks for each map :P

Preparation is still important. Dicktator practiced for this tournament and look what it did for him: he played really well all tournament, it was possible he could've even beaten me.
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1520
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

11 Apr 2018, 09:03

the champ is dead! long live the champ!
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
Posts: 691
ESO: DarkNite_OP

11 Apr 2018, 12:01

Mitoe wrote:For some reason I always pick into bad/weird matchups when I play vs Raphael :hmm:
So, are there still bad match ups in a balanced patch, as EP ?
A day without laughter is a day wasted

Charlie Chaplin
User avatar
Finland princeofkabul
Howdah
Posts: 1520
ESO: Terkkson
Location: Cold ghettos of Malmö

11 Apr 2018, 12:28

Mitoe wrote:For some reason I always pick into bad/weird matchups when I play vs Raphael :hmm:


what of those matchups do you consider weird/bad? Dutch China is pretty balanced in my opinion. Only I can think as odd is Jp - Rus
https://gyazo.com/e23a3b3b415a4ea81b4ba113e25e5938
LoOk_tOm: U think that can u the lag
Hazza54321: Go fking play mariokart seriously
"I rather suck dick than play treaty" - Gibson 2k17

Forum Info

Return to “Results”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests