Playoff Challenges

June 11th - July 2nd
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Playoff Challenges

Post by princeofcarthage »

In order to spice things up a bit, raise the stakes and make it more rewarding I have to decided to reward the Grand Tour Winner with up to additional 100$ if the following challenges are met from my own pocket.

To qualify for these rewards certain conditions are required.
1) These challenges are applicable only for the Grand Finals.
2) Player must Win the Grand Finals in addition to challenge conditions to receive the rewards.

Challenges :
1) Savage Attacker (30$) : Win 3 games in a row with Warchief Civilizations (Aztec, Sioux, and Iroquois)
2) Economic Victory (10$) : Win with Trade Monopoly without resetting the timer for more than 3 times.
3) The old ways (10$) : Secure a victory after staying in colonial era for at least 20 mins.
4) Starved (30$) : Win without sending anything that gives you resource crates and/or resources.
5) Industrialization (10$) : Win after reaching Industrial age before 10:30 mins.
6) Strategist (30$) : Win after defending with just TC, Outposts, Forts, and other similar buildings without training any units (CM are allowed) for 15 mins. (Of Total Game time including age 1)

More Challenges will follow. Challenges may be edited if any flaw which can be exploited is found. If anyone else is interested to donate to increase the rewards let me know on discord or forums.

A player can take on as many challenges as he likes but is capped to win maximum of 100$. (Unless someone else would like to increase the reward pool.)

[spoiler=Tags]@Kaiserklein
@knusch
@Hazza54321
@Aykin Haraka
@Kynesie
@Mitoe
@dicktator_
@lordraphael[/spoiler]
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: Playoff Challenges

Post by lordraphael »

clever. Probabyl going to save all the money.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofcarthage wrote:6) Strategist (50$) : Win after defending with just TC, Outposts, Forts, and other similar buildings without training any units (CM are allowed) for 20 mins.(20 mins are counted from the moment you hit colonial) (You can train units after 20 mins)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
this sounds a bit....absurd =D
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I've got one more challenge

7) Homosexual strat (30 USD) Win a game making only sepoys and urumis (MM age up reward and consulate units allowed)
8) Kaiser challenge 5000 USD Win a series versus kaiser with zero "rofl"

(the first one is serious!)
Retired Contributor

somppukunkku wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:6) Strategist (50$) : Win after defending with just TC, Outposts, Forts, and other similar buildings without training any units (CM are allowed) for 20 mins.(20 mins are counted from the moment you hit colonial) (You can train units after 20 mins)

I remember metal_ftw aka masterchif doing this which gave me the idea :hehe:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

princeofcarthage wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:

Surviving around 24-25 minutes ingame time is probably too much with 0 units =D
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Tbh all this is a bit absurd to do now. You should rather have done this during the previous tourney, but this is supposed to be the most serious part of the week end tourney, not a big trolling fest
Retired Contributor

bwinner1 wrote:Tbh all this is a bit absurd to do now. You should rather have done this during the previous tourney, but this si supposed to be the most serious part of the week end tourney, not a big trolling fest

@Aizamk would disagree with you
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

princeofcarthage wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:Tbh all this is a bit absurd to do now. You should rather have done this during the previous tourney, but this si supposed to be the most serious part of the week end tourney, not a big trolling fest

@Aizamk would disagree with you

and is he in the playoffs ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

somppukunkku wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Surviving around 24-25 minutes ingame time is probably too much with 0 units =D
Definitely. Opponent could have a 200/200 imperial army by then
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I think it's cool
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I like the idea, but yeah probably not the best time to do that, since it's gonna be the big finals everyone is waiting for, after 9 weeks of event or so. Would have been cool to have that in the weekend tours, or maybe for next season.

Or then, make it a bit more doable. Honestly it's just not worth trying to do this stuff in the finals. It sounds fun, but if no one tries to do it because it's too hard, it's kind of useless. For example, the 4 and 6 are essentially impossible. 2 is most likely to never happen in 1v1, especially without timer reset. Same for 5, only a very very few match ups could let you do that. Even 1 sounds very unlikely because with the counterpick rules you can't just decide to play 3 twc civs in a row blindly.

The 3 is a good example of realistic challenge imo. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's definitely possible, I've even casted several games like that. Maybe you could try to make the challenges easier, without changing the concept? For example, let people win with trade monopoly, even if timer was reset. Survive until 15 min in game without units. Send no crates, but allow the age up crates at least. Win with industrial before 10:30, or 11 min, maybe? Win with 3 warchief civs, but not necessarily in a row.
If it feels too easy after changing, you can also reduce the award.

I'd personally also like to see "win without shipping units". EDIT: or "win without cav", "win without infantry" etc
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player

Post by lordraphael »

only 2 and 5 are remotely doable.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I've seen way more 1v1 games being 20+ minutes in colonial than including a trade monopoly win without reset. I actually don't think I've ever seen that.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

20 min colonial is doable. Actually nothing strange with that I'd say. Industrial is probably only possible with Otto. Others are very unlikely. Trade monopoly would be ok if with resets.
Image Image Image
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

somppukunkku wrote:

well, say that to kyn
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol, no one can ever win a high level game without making units until 25 min in game. At that time you can literally have imperial upgrades researched and 200/200 pop
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

These challenges are dumb and weird and have no place in a competitive finals series.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

well 20 min maybe not, but 15 is possible
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

somppukunkku wrote:I've got one more challenge

(30 USD) Win a game making only sepoys and urumis (MM age up reward and consulate units allowed)

@littytitty @Aykin Haraka

In more seriousness I do see a problem with this in that people could plot to win a shit tonna money and just divide it among themselves.

For example:
Game 1: mitoe goes japan and afk, hazhahaha goes Aztec stays colo 20 mins and mitoe resigns.
Game 2: mitoe goes japan and afk, hazhahaha goes Iro iv under 9.30, stays on till 20 mins doing nothing and mitoe resigns.
Game 3: mitoe goes japan and afk, hazhahaha goes Sioux trade monopoly and wins, mitoe doesn't even need to resign!
In the end they both get 80 bucks in under an hour with almost no work required...

Having said that, it's an exaggerated example I made just for my own fun and I have full faith in all players playing the tour that none of them would try to cheat Esoc out of money but the rules just aren't very solid. I do love that u guys are trying out something new and fun to promote diversity and entertainment.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's in finals only, and I don't really think people would do that kind of shit in finals. Plus the first place gets $80 extra compared to 2nd place, so it's another reason to not let your opponent win on purpose.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

the industrialization one is pretty much impossible. Should be changed to 10:30-11m
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

somppukunkku wrote:

masterchif does this all the time. ppl usually just give up out of frustration, not cause it works.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

bwinner1 wrote:Tbh all this is a bit absurd to do now. You should rather have done this during the previous tourney, but this is supposed to be the most serious part of the week end tourney, not a big trolling fest

ya i agree with you.

these challenges wouldve been cool during regular season, and you get the reward if you make it into playoffs.
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

only corporals in the finals, everything doable - oh wait a sec - wrong tournament.