No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon
Posts: 286

09 Sep 2015, 15:48

kaiserklein wrote:
anonymous123 wrote:Are you dumb? Doesnt light infantry include "infantry". I did say Musk get heavy infantry tag which skirms dont get which results in musk getting bonus vs cav.
You still didnt say why you compare skirms to erk, to me this simply means you dont understand the game

Sure there is the word "infantry" in "light infantry", you did spot that. Still being light infantry has nothing to do with the "infantry" tag ("normal" infantry if you prefer), since light infantry is the equivalent of cav
Please quote where I compared erk to skirms, because I didnt. And I already said light infantry is equivalent to cavalry why are you repeating same things? The discussion was about weather skirms is a light infantry or not and it is not. I mentioned ERK because someone said lancers dont get bonus vs them so they are not infantry or something similar to which I clarified the difference between Light infantry and Infantry tag.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
Posts: 5681
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

09 Sep 2015, 16:51

anonymous123 wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:No, thats why its tricky. Lancers and falcs have a multiplier against infantry, so if coyote runners and erk were tagged as infantry (cause they walk obviously) they would die to those. Would be pretty absurd for the equivalents of melee cav and goon to die to lancers and falcs... Thats why they are not tagged as infantry, just as light infantry

Btw ranged infantry usually means skirm/bow units, lets say "anti-infantry infantry". Of course musks do have a range, but they arent the same as skirms.[span style="font-size:12pt'"] [/span]
They do, But erk get 3x multiplier against cav thats why they do better than skirms. Ranged infantry is any infantry that fires from range. that includes all skirm/muskarchers/mace etc. Musk get heavy infantry tag because they get multplier. against cav. Lancer gets 3x/4x with card bonus against any unit that gets "infantry" tag doesnt matter if its musk/skirm. They are infantry equivalent to cav/goons, They are NOT cav/goons, Also the reason Lancer dont get bonus against ERK is because ERK dont get "infantry tag" It just has light infantry and ranged infantry tag.
This is usually called a comparison. I can give you a definition if you ask politely

Anyway, the discussion I had originally with you was about what you said, "Anything that walks is classified as Infantry", which is false, not about "whether skirms is a light infantry or not".
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Image
No Flag tibia
Musketeer
Posts: 97

09 Sep 2015, 16:54

zoom wrote:
tibia wrote:Rattan shield is also Ligth inf, the only thing that realy beats fully upgraded rattans are lancers....
Is that supposed to be in reply to my post? Oh boy, youre in for a revelation...

Rattan Shields are light infantry, but thats completely and utterly irrelevant to my point' they are hard-countered by Dragoons just like Disciples are ?? unlike Tiger Claws.

Oh, by the way: Lancers do no bonus damage to Rattan Shields at all.
Then go back to eso and try agian, goons suck vs rattan sheild , lancer owns them rattan doesnt have the abstract cav thing so they count only as inf, ligth that is..
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon
Posts: 286

09 Sep 2015, 17:11

kaiserklein wrote:
anonymous123 wrote:They do, But erk get 3x multiplier against cav thats why they do better than skirms. Ranged infantry is any infantry that fires from range. that includes all skirm/muskarchers/mace etc. Musk get heavy infantry tag because they get multplier. against cav. Lancer gets 3x/4x with card bonus against any unit that gets "infantry" tag doesnt matter if its musk/skirm. They are infantry equivalent to cav/goons, They are NOT cav/goons, Also the reason Lancer dont get bonus against ERK is because ERK dont get "infantry tag" It just has light infantry and ranged infantry tag.
This is usually called a comparison. I can give you a definition if you ask politely

Anyway, the discussion I had originally with you was about what you said, "Anything that walks is classified as Infantry", which is false, not about "whether skirms is a light infantry or not"
How it is false. Definition :The infantry is the branch of a military force that fights on foot. Like I said you are failing to understand how tag systems work in aoe 3.



Do you even read once what you are writing, because you are making yourself look pretty stupid.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 7728
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

09 Sep 2015, 17:25

tibia wrote:
zoom wrote:Is that supposed to be in reply to my post? Oh boy, youre in for a revelation...

Rattan Shields are light infantry, but thats completely and utterly irrelevant to my point' they are hard-countered by Dragoons just like Disciples are ?? unlike Tiger Claws.

Oh, by the way: Lancers do no bonus damage to Rattan Shields at all.
Then go back to eso and try agian, goons suck vs rattan sheild , lancer owns them rattan doesnt have the abstract cav thing so they count only as inf, ligth that is..
Oh my... please dont do this. Trust me. Just test both these things yourself and accept that youre terribly mistaken: Dragoons do as much damage to Rattan Shields as they do to Coyote Runners, and Lancers do absolutely no bonus damage to Rattan Shields.
"Hazza's always playing NR10 to legitimize his crying about EP being NR10. How sad!"
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
Posts: 5681
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

09 Sep 2015, 19:52

anonymous123 wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:This is usually called a comparison. I can give you a definition if you ask politely

Anyway, the discussion I had originally with you was about what you said, "Anything that walks is classified as Infantry", which is false, not about "whether skirms is a light infantry or not"
How it is false. Definition :The infantry is the branch of a military force that fights on foot. Like I said you are failing to understand how tag systems work in aoe 3.



Do you even read once what you are writing, because you are making yourself look pretty stupid.
So if you dont answer to what I said, I guess you admit you compared erk and skirms, which means you didnt understand how the game works ? Thats a good first step

Who cares about the official definition of "infantry", we are talking about aoe man... And in aoe3, light infantry isnt infantry, even if it looks weird, but im failing to make you understand that obviously
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Image
No Flag anonymous123
Dragoon
Posts: 286

09 Sep 2015, 19:56

kaiserklein wrote:
anonymous123 wrote: How it is false. Definition :The infantry is the branch of a military force that fights on foot. Like I said you are failing to understand how tag systems work in aoe 3.



Do you even read once what you are writing, because you are making yourself look pretty stupid.
So if you dont answer to what I said, I guess you admit you compared erk and skirms, which means you didnt understand how the game works ? Thats a good first step

Who cares about the official definition of "infantry", we are talking about aoe man... And in aoe3, light infantry isnt infantry, even if it looks weird, but im failing to make you understand that obviously
Well i didnt compare, its something like situational comparison where you see how 2 things work out against a single thing but you arent comparing 2 things directly. If its not infantry and not cav what it is then?
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT - Playoff
Posts: 5681
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

09 Sep 2015, 22:21

anonymous123 wrote:
kaiserklein wrote:So if you dont answer to what I said, I guess you admit you compared erk and skirms, which means you didnt understand how the game works ? Thats a good first step

Who cares about the official definition of "infantry", we are talking about aoe man... And in aoe3, light infantry isnt infantry, even if it looks weird, but im failing to make you understand that obviously
Well i didnt compare, its something like situational comparison where you see how 2 things work out against a single thing but you arent comparing 2 things directly. If its not infantry and not cav what it is then?
Its light infantry
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Image
No Flag tibia
Musketeer
Posts: 97

09 Sep 2015, 23:15

zoom wrote:
tibia wrote:Then go back to eso and try agian, goons suck vs rattan sheild , lancer owns them rattan doesnt have the abstract cav thing so they count only as inf, ligth that is..
Oh my... please dont do this. Trust me. Just test both these things yourself and accept that youre terribly mistaken: Dragoons do as much damage to Rattan Shields as they do to Coyote Runners, and Lancers do absolutely no bonus damage to Rattan Shields.
i just testet and i found out you are wrong. The makers of this game forgot to put rattan shield as abstract cavalry, i played alot of teamgames where rattan just rapes all since goon only does normal attack vs them..... SO PLEASE go test yourselfe. ( im not 100% about lancer bonus tbh , but the goon has no bonus vs rattan shield )
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 7728
ESO: Funnu
Location: Ramadanistan

14 Sep 2015, 17:45

tibia wrote:
zoom wrote:Oh my... please dont do this. Trust me. Just test both these things yourself and accept that youre terribly mistaken: Dragoons do as much damage to Rattan Shields as they do to Coyote Runners, and Lancers do absolutely no bonus damage to Rattan Shields.
i just testet and i found out you are wrong. The makers of this game forgot to put rattan shield as abstract cavalry, i played alot of teamgames where rattan just rapes all since goon only does normal attack vs them..... SO PLEASE go test yourselfe. ( im not 100% about lancer bonus tbh , but the goon has no bonus vs rattan shield )
I just want to let you know how terribly mistaken I am about the Rattan Shield coyoteman tag, which is indeed absent. Neither Dragoons nor Lancers do bonus damage to Rattan Shields and just as is the case with Tiger Claws, the unit is only actually countered by heavy infantry in melee.
"Hazza's always playing NR10 to legitimize his crying about EP being NR10. How sad!"
India TNT333
Crossbow
Posts: 30
ESO: TNT333

13 Sep 2018, 10:31

Sioux rifle riders can easily shred frances cavalry
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 4756
ESO: Gendarme

13 Sep 2018, 11:10

Good thing France has dragoons
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
India TNT333
Crossbow
Posts: 30
ESO: TNT333

14 Sep 2018, 01:15

Then sioux get more rifle riders
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13835
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

14 Sep 2018, 09:40

TNT333 wrote:Then sioux get more rifle riders

Rifle riders have the hand cavalry tag and thus are countered by ranged cavalry!

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 4756
ESO: Gendarme

14 Sep 2018, 10:11

Yeah, and completely outranged too.
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 4756
ESO: Gendarme

14 Sep 2018, 12:09

edeholland wrote:[img alt="Chart " src="http://i.imgur.com/GvlmCkg.png[/img]

This goes well with my autism.
BBCode isn't HTML, silly Eddie.
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 3143
ESO: edeholland
Location: Not ede
GameRanger ID: 4053888

14 Sep 2018, 12:12

Gendarme wrote:
edeholland wrote:[img alt="Chart " src="http://i.imgur.com/GvlmCkg.png[/img]

This goes well with my autism.
BBCode isn't HTML, silly Eddie.

It was at proboards :(
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---

Jan Siegel wrote:What PR is @XeeleeFlower?
CometK wrote:pr21, but her brother is pr36 (goodspeed)
User avatar
France Aykin Haraka
Lancer
EWT
Posts: 522
ESO: Aykin

14 Sep 2018, 14:18

you upped a 3 years old thread
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 9065
ESO: Pezet
Location: Poland

14 Sep 2018, 17:22

don't bump old, bad threads :ear:
:flowers:
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 4756
ESO: Gendarme

14 Sep 2018, 19:03

Aykin Haraka wrote:you upped a 3 years old thread
You would have a point if the information in this thread was outdated. EP EleGiggle
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: _H2O, momuuu and 0 guests