Any late game tips and water?

India Shikari
Dragoon
ESO: rahuru

Any late game tips and water?

Post by Shikari »

Yo i am just a pr 18 noob highest pr 21. Just wanted some general tips for late game and water. I play france and india mostly. And i can follow basic bo effectively but after that when its like 30mins into game my vills are all over the map. They go idle randomly a lot and takes a lot of my apm generally vill managemet late game become super tough. Also how to water play as france? Any bo for that?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: Any late game tips and water?

Post by Hazza54321 »

Drubk so lazy reply, make mortars andwall exo
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

30hr into game is indeed quite kafkaesque
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

LOL
Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

think ahead, make use of features that aren't so viable at first glance, like church, arsenal, walls, natives, make sure you have enough military buildings to reinforce your army up to 200/200 pop if a battle commences
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Hi shikari, welcome to ESOC.

I'm not sure I understood your question exactly but it seems you are playing team. Because if it were 1v1 your game wouldn't last "30h".

If you're playing team as french, I'd say go greedy, 3v -> 4v -> eco theory -> spice trade. Of course don't always stick to the order and learn to adapt according to the situation. After you age up start putting vills on wood and slowly make the transition to mills and plantations so you dont have to spend much of your apm on managing your vills. Again go greedy and try to go full 3 TC boom (because that's the only way french can boom) and ship 1000w -> Cav Combat(only if you are making goons and fighting constantly, otherwise skip) -> Refrigeration -> Royal Mint.

Also how to water play as france?

Every civilization in aoe3 is different and so is the way of playing them. There is hardly any reason for french to go water except ofc if you're playing on amazonia(then I'd say you picked the wrong civ but whatever). If you are playing against a civ which is going water
- play calmy
- take your time thinking of a strategy
- take tp line and stagecoach
- send eco cards
- most important, harass their vills with cav so they spend much of their apm putting their vills in the TC (and later add musk)

If you do this decently there are chances you will outgather him. Try to age and push with canons + musk + cuirs. If you have any recording you want to share for us to critique, feel free to post.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Shikari wrote:Yo i am just a pr 18 noob highest pr 21. Just wanted some general tips for late game and water. I play france and india mostly. And i can follow basic bo effectively but after that when its like 30hr into game my vills are all over the map. They go idal randomly a lot and takes a lot of my apm geberally vill managemet late game become super tough. Also how to water play as france? Any bo for that?

Hotkeys. Set the basics to have an organized macro. Just play a lot and focus on macro cycles.
As for late game in particular a good tip to switch to mills and plants is to set TC waypoints to wood when you're on last hunts/mines. Also shift click vills from mines to other mines or wood to reduce idle and make macro easier.
Another tip is to research further upgrades gradually whenever you spare the resources. E.g get 2nd wood upgrade if you're approaching late game when you spare a bit of food and gold.
Image Image Image
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Sorry guys i meant 30mins lol. So its like 30mins to 50mins game usually against when someone just turtles up like ports on water or dutch with heavy canons and ruyters composition.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Make culverins, because they easily counter heavy cannons (on water maps they are also useful to counter ships)
Defend them with voltigeurs but also always prepare dragoons because the opponent will want to switch to hussars then
Have enough barracks and stables to ensure quick reinforcements, because there is nothing more frustrating than stacking for example 1500 :food: and not being able to spend it
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Yeah i always struggle with spending resources. And my skirms mass always die with a hussar switch even though i have goons basically he sacrifies his huss mass on exchange for some artillery and skirms
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I usually alt+f4 when game gets to industrial
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

who are you and what have you done to Gendarme
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Shikari wrote:Yeah i always struggle with spending resources. And my skirms mass always die with a hussar switch even though i have goons basically he sacrifies his huss mass on exchange for some artillery and skirms

Make more rax-stables if you can't spend your resources. Lot of player stop at 2-1. In late game with big eco you usually want 3-2 or 4-3. Also drop more military buildings as you gain map control.
Image Image Image
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

I just had an insane 40min match right now against german and i played my best. There was transition and everything can any of you comment on that.
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

I mean should i post the rec game?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

why not
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Shikari wrote:I mean should i post the rec game?

Yes, please do.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

@P i k i l i c for comm team, thanks!
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

It's funny. I was thinking of that yesterday (or the day before; not sure). Pikilic now is basically what hleung was before he joined the Community Team. Please don't corrupt Pikilic!
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Ashvin wrote:Hi shikari, welcome to ESOC.

I'm not sure I understood your question exactly but it seems you are playing team. Because if it were 1v1 your game wouldn't last "30h".

If you're playing team as french, I'd say go greedy, 3v -> 4v -> eco theory -> spice trade. Of course don't always stick to the order and learn to adapt according to the situation. After you age up start putting vills on wood and slowly make the transition to mills and plantations so you dont have to spend much of your apm on managing your vills. Again go greedy and try to go full 3 TC boom (because that's the only way french can boom) and ship 1000w -> Cav Combat(only if you are making goons and fighting constantly, otherwise skip) -> Refrigeration -> Royal Mint.

Every civilization in aoe3 is different and so is the way of playing them. There is hardly any reason for french to go water except ofc if you're playing on amazonia(then I'd say you picked the wrong civ but whatever). If you are playing against a civ which is going water
- play calmy
- send eco cards
- most important, harass their vills with cav so they spend much of their apm putting their vills in the TC (and later add musk)

If you do this decently there are chances you will outgather him. Try to age and push with canons + musk + cuirs. If you have any recording you want to share for us to critique, feel free to post.

IMO doing 3v 4v eco theory spice trade is terrible. It's way way too slow. Best I think is always 3v 4v 700w 700g and age up and 1k wood, or if you stay age 2 then cav hp, since idk if you would have 600g in a team deck.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

ovi12 wrote:
Ashvin wrote:Hi shikari, welcome to ESOC.

- play calmy
- send eco cards

IMO doing 3v 4v eco theory spice trade is terrible. It's way way too slow. Best I think is always 3v 4v 700w 700g and age up and 1k wood, or if you stay age 2 then cav hp, since idk if you would have 600g in a team deck.

forgot to add the most important thing, I always go 1/2 tps while doing this strat which lets me make complete batches of cav. so I don't have to rely on my mates to carry me.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Regarding french water play, I usually build a dock in age II if time and resources permit. Since your eco will only take up 80 pop, you basically have a further 20 pop space to use for fishing boats. Having a dock already build allows you to intervene in an opponent's water boom or do some small-scale water boom on your own whenever you have spare wood.

Importantly, I would not suggest to send shipments to improve fishing boats (you will not build that many anyway) and also be reluctant to include naval cards into the deck (maybe the one giving +25% hp/dmg). Using the fishing boats to gather coin also results in less apms needed to administer your economy.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

It's funny. I was thinking of that yesterday (or the day before; not sure). Pikilic now is basically what hleung was before he joined the Community Team. Please don't corrupt Pikilic!
:flowers:
India Shikari
Dragoon

Post by Shikari »

Lol I don't understand these insider jokes