ESOC New Year's Classic!

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: ESOC New Year's Classic!

Post by Garja »

ye keep laughing, like when I lose to you because of sound after beating you with sound. And of course you don't give me a rematch after I explicitly gave you a rematch when you asked. But hey it's an excuse!
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

momuuu wrote:Just don't let people with shitty internet play and teach people like Garja and Kaiserklein to actually deal with a loss like a normal person would rather than blaming any mistake on lag or something else.

One the one hand, sometimes I use shitty excuses obviously. But on the other hand, I affirm I'll complain about lag and shit spawns whenever there's lag or a shit spawn. I have to agree with garja on that point, dunno why we're supposed to lower our standards.
To me, people making fun of players complaining about lag for example, just don't actually understand how big of a problem lag is. I personally wasn't satisfied when I won vs lordraphael in the weekend tour playoffs and it lagged so much, but a bunch of people watching on twitch just get crazy whenever someone talks about lag. Fuck these people they have no clue
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Everybody knows how bothersome lag can be. However, that's aoe3 for you, and that's what the tournament rules are like.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Well its not really reasonable to ask people never to complain. I think most people who play with/vs me would say that I'm generally speaking a good sport about the game and I'd say I have one of the most even tempers of anyone playing rn but I even get pissed about this game somtimes.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

momuuu wrote:Everybody knows how bothersome lag can be. However, that's aoe3 for you, and that's what the tournament rules are like.

It's people, not aoe3. Peer to peer sucks but if people have good net/comp it just doesn't lag. Even the distance argument is bullshit, when I play Mitoe usually it's totally lagless.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

nepuvir sb gVGeG
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:
momuuu wrote:Everybody knows how bothersome lag can be. However, that's aoe3 for you, and that's what the tournament rules are like.

It's people, not aoe3. Peer to peer sucks but if people have good net/comp it just doesn't lag. Even the distance argument is bullshit, when I play Mitoe usually it's totally lagless.

If you play on server based games for a while without playing aoe3 you're amazed at how laggy aoe3 is, even peer to peer. I wouldn't even consider playing sc2 on the NA server, yet a connection between me and Mitoe would probably have worse ping. Honestly, I think aoe3 ping is often already more than 100 ms, which is already quite notable. I think something like 300 ms is what I used to consider lag free, even though that's still quite laggy.

And I'm not quite sure about the networking code, but it probably does get a little bit worse if it's 4 people spread across the globe. But otherwise, your argument is that people with shitty network/pc shouldn't be allowed to sign up for a tournament?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

The argument is that ESOC should prioritize casters that can stream without any lag, and have stricter lag rules towards players
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

if youre playing aoe with someone on another continent youre playing with over 100 ping. I ping between 120-150 to most big european cities. However the precision needed for aoe is so low that the minimal amount of lag this provides isnt terrible
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

120-150 consistent is great for this game. The problem is that it is way more than that in tourneys.
And also it's not just the latency. If it was smooth but with a little delay it would still be okish (if the cause was just distance between players). The problem is that it is often not consistent and it's not rare to have actual freezes lately.
We managed to improve lot of things and then we have worse lag condition than like pk tourney 5 years ago.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Hazza54321 wrote:the ui causes alot of lag and recording the game too

do you suggest not to record games?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Cometk wrote:@Hazza54321 I think zoom was agreeing with you and just highlighting the fact that India is a very strong pick
My bad. Either way, I only mean well. I'm sure it's in everyone's interest for the event not to be too mono.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Agreed. And the good news is, so far it isn't.
mad cuz bad
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

bwinner1 wrote:Will there be any balance change befor this event ? Because I think a vast majority of players have expressed themself about india being too strong on this version of the patch and I think this is a problem for this event.
If EP6 Beta launches this week, either playing the event on it or releasing the patch immediately, are available options. I don't think we should release the patch immediately unless organization agrees, but I do think it would do everyone good – most of all the event. Civilization performance results would be helpful in assessing balance, too. Admins should ask players and themselves the question. At this point, balance changes are hardly radical, in the first place. Let's see how everyone feels about it once the beta is out.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

zoom wrote:
Cometk wrote:@Hazza54321 I think zoom was agreeing with you and just highlighting the fact that India is a very strong pick
My bad. Either way, I only mean well. I'm sure it's in everyone's interest for the event not to be too mono.

My apologies cutie I misunderstood
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

zoom wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:Will there be any balance change befor this event ? Because I think a vast majority of players have expressed themself about india being too strong on this version of the patch and I think this is a problem for this event.
If EP6 Beta launches this week, either playing the event on it or releasing the patch immediately, are available options. I don't think we should release the patch immediately unless organization agrees, but I do think it would do everyone good – most of all the event. Civilization performance results would be helpful in assessing balance, too. Admins should ask players and themselves the question. At this point, balance changes are hardly radical, in the first place.

If we play on your shit beta, you can count me out of this tourney.

Besides we want a balanced patch, made by people who know how the game works, and how to get a decent balance, not a toy for the new EP leader, so you're definitely not going to use the tourney to assess the balance, and see how wrong you are on everything.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

The patch isn't changing for this tournament, so no point in discussing it here.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

n0el wrote:The patch isn't changing for this tournament, so no point in discussing it here.

EAGLEMUT wrote:
musketeer925 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:There is no less of an EP team than there's been for the past two years or so (one leader + input from various players).
Was actually meant to release EP6 beta on the weekend, but alas, I'm too slow.

Is EP6 release being coordinated in some way with the upcoming tournament schedule?

It's in the process of; EP6 final release time isn't set in stone yet.

So we can conclude EP6 will release after the upcoming tournaments?
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Yes. The beta might release during the tournament, but the official EP won't change.
mad cuz bad
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

what an unbiased decision! :flowers:
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

I’ve heard @Victor_swe will be playing with his lame Dutch this tour.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

This is the kind of guy who cant help but just be the victor
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

so how exactly do i figure out how much "ep elo" i need to gain to qualify, since it doesnt work?

@n0el
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

You wouldn't be able to qualify no matter how hard you tried, noob. Fort and Elmeti in 2018 smh
Pay more attention to detail.