Portuguese( And Indian ) Discovery Age Shipments.

No Flag DracoWolfgand
Skirmisher

Portuguese( And Indian ) Discovery Age Shipments.

Post by DracoWolfgand »

So, I am thinking. With most civilizations, it is pretty mind-numbingly obvious that you should focus your Discovery Age shipments around shipping villagers( And maybe send something to help your Explorer or Monk if you are so inclined )

With the Portuguese, I tend to find myself sending "Crates of 300 Food, Crates of 300 Wood, Advanced Trading Post" And sometimes one of the other economical cards. Usually Furrier. In team games, I can consider sending "TEAM: Early Dragoons", but I rarely send it in 1v1 as the Portuguese are known for their Fast Fortress strategy anyway.

Similarly, with the Indians, I will usually send "Crates of 300 Food, Crates of 300 Wood, Advancing Trading Post" And again, usually one of the other economical cards. Anyway, I was just looking for tips, as by my own admission, deck building isnt my strong suit.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Re: Portuguese( And Indian ) Discovery Age Shipments.

Post by bwinner »

portugal : 300w/atp/advanced dock/eco theory/nothing are the usual chosen options
india : distributisme (almost always)/1 dock+fish boat discount/very rare : 1 TP + TP up/300w/good faith agreements
I am not very good at playing india, but I think if you stick to distributism all the time you should be fine with them.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

not sure if i should even do this:
ports --> CM
thank me later.

tho i have to warn u! once u go that route, u'll be hooked forever...

[spoiler=-.-]DAMN YOU, YOU SWEET SWEET CM!!!!!![/spoiler]
Austria supahons
Dragoon
ESO: supahons

Post by supahons »

the above comments + this
you'll never send 300f for sure (wood>coin>food)
early goons - probably not the best idea - there are some discussions on esoc like this viewtopic.php?f=19&t=15230&p=323707&hilit=early+dragoons#p323707
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

With India always send distributivism, it s your only decent shipment.

With Port 300w is quite bad actually, so don't send it.
On water maps you want to send schooners, on big TP maps, ATP is often the best option, and else eco theory if you get a 200w start (you'll get an extra shipment thanks to the age1 tp), or save the shipment.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Portugal:
I like early goons in team games actually, since Ports tend to have a slow start with unit production. Sending Early Goons + 700 coin allows you to devote all your villagers to gathering food in early age II and still pump out some 8-10 goons quite early. For an early push or defense this amount of goons is already quite strong and can give you enough time to build your eco by always having villagers queued in both TCs. Anyway, I usually send early goons only in about 10% of team games, since goons need to be a beneficial unit addition for the whole team.
In 90% of (non-water) team games, I send Economic Theory.
Water map? -> Schooner

India:
As mentioned above, you basically always choose between Distributivism and Dock+Fishing boat discount.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Best india age1 = start tp, send distributism, then send good faith agreements, you should have 1-2 shipments ready in age2. Send 300export. Vs a rush you can ally ottomans, go quick 3 huss, and mm if needed, or 4v otherwise. Vs boom. Go fre, send 500c 500w. Then ally with otto, send 4v, then ally brits.

Op
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

umeu wrote:Best india age1 = start tp, send distributism, then send good faith agreements, you should have 1-2 shipments ready in age2. Send 300export. Vs a rush you can ally ottomans, go quick 3 huss, and mm if needed, or 4v otherwise. Vs boom. Go fre, send 500c 500w. Then ally with otto, send 4v, then ally brits.

Op

Not a big fan. I really like the age1 tp but I d just put 4vills on the wonder and go trickle/trickle/300e/600c instead.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Thats possible too, but gfa is a substitute for 600c but instead you get 1v earlier. Its greedier as you get 500c 500w instead of just 600c, but your big trickle is later. I guess in the end the difference is small