Canada dansil92
Lancer
ESO: dansil92

10 Jul 2019, 20:12

Does anyone know or have a way to know how accuracy is calculated for archer units? I know that units like eagle runners and CKN miss sometimes but do we know how often?
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Switzerland bobabu
Lancer

10 Jul 2019, 21:28

5*2+4
Canada dansil92
Lancer

11 Jul 2019, 16:08

Thank you for your helpful reply
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
ESO: Funnu

11 Jul 2019, 16:17

BRING ME EAGLEMUT!!

IIRC CKN miss a lot more, which tells us one thing, at least.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"♪We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven; and in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten♫"
"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: SirCallen

11 Jul 2019, 17:14

zoom wrote:BRING ME EAGLEMUT!!

:chinese:
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

11 Jul 2019, 17:16

I mean, it tells us that every arrow has an individual chance of missing, you racist.

"♪We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven; and in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten♫"
"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
Canada dansil92
Lancer

11 Jul 2019, 18:14

My basic test was 20 eagle runners (300 damage combined) vs skull knights (300hp exactly) in the editor and the erks one shot kill the skulls about 2/3 of the time so I'm guessing around a 3-5% chance to miss but i would love to have accurate numbers
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: Chumbo_Grosso_

11 Jul 2019, 22:08

Yes because they fire 3 arrows, so all those have the same chance to miss. Iirc its 10% chance to miss for every arrow. I remember I saw this when people were discussing ttm since 8bow vs 8 bow is bullshit when 1xbow misses the 1st shot and you're 1 down from the start
No hacks just (lack of) skillz

twitch.tv/chumbo_grosso_
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

11 Jul 2019, 22:31

ah, cool – thanks!

No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

11 Jul 2019, 23:09

macacoalbino wrote:

Yes because they fire 3 arrows, so all those have the same chance to miss. Iirc its 10% chance to miss for every arrow. I remember I saw this when people were discussing ttm since 8bow vs 8 bow is bullshit when 1xbow misses the 1st shot and you're 1 down from the start

Interesting that you say a 10% chance of missing as from dansil92's eagle runner test it suggests that the chance of missing is ~2% (1-.666^.05). Do we know if projectiles missing is "supposed" to happen or is it an error due to how the game engine runs?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: Chumbo_Grosso_

11 Jul 2019, 23:25

I said 10% out of memory I must be wrong then. I think it is designed to miss, it's a downside from the archaic units iirc

Maybe a good way to test is getting a single xbow to shoot one of those 1million hp units (like that weird hippopotamus we used for the obs UI in the old days) for a while and check how many arrows missed?
No hacks just (lack of) skillz

twitch.tv/chumbo_grosso_
Canada dansil92
Lancer

12 Jul 2019, 00:56

Yeah its supposed to be a downside, though it always seems silly to me as a longbow or atlatl is far more accurate than primitive muskets. Its always a slight downside on using archers in exchange for less overkill, which is the upside of archers. I dont think macehualtin ever miss but i think all the other units with the archer tag should... never tested cav archers or iron troops so I can't be 100% sure
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

10 Aug 2019, 12:51

Test results:

Idle 1450/0.6 (ranged) HP Mameluke killed in 10:45 (645s) by a Crossbowman doing exactly 12 ranged damage to it per hit, every 3 seconds, at at least 10 range.
645/3=215 shots fired
202 shots connected given 202>1450/0.6/12>201
215-202=13 shots missed
13/215>6%

Conclusion: Crossbowman inaccuracy is at least 6%. Removing it makes for about a 6.4% damage output increase.

France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

10 Aug 2019, 13:09

Just remove it...
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: SirCallen

10 Aug 2019, 17:19

There is no reason to allow 1 xbow to miss a 1 hp sepoy for the 1 hp sepoy to kill a 1 hp vill
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Riotcoke

10 Aug 2019, 17:30

Is it all archers that have this negative, or only nilla archers i.e Longbow and Cbow?
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

10 Aug 2019, 17:35

Riotcoke wrote:Is it all archers that have this negative, or only nilla archers i.e Longbow and Cbow?

Eagle runners too and some others I forgot.
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

10 Aug 2019, 18:39

It’s a stupid mechanic. It affects all archers—as far as I know—that use arrows or spears as projectiles.

Units like Macehualtin (that I think are classed as archers?), that use musketball projectiles, do not have accuracy mechanics.
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
ESO: Riotcoke

10 Aug 2019, 20:12

Mitoe wrote:It’s a stupid mechanic. It affects all archers—as far as I know—that use arrows or spears as projectiles.

Units like Macehualtin (that I think are classed as archers?), that use musketball projectiles, do not have accuracy mechanics.

Aren't yumi 100 percent?
You have the charisma of a damp rag, and the appearance of a low-grade bank clerk. And the question that I want to ask, that we're all going to ask, is "Who are you?"
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
GameRanger ID: 5529322

10 Aug 2019, 20:25

Yeah yumis never miss. I think for example iron troops or blind monks also don't. But the vast majority of archers do miss, and it's just yet another stupid rng mechanic.
sirmusket: https://imgur.com/phZoCw6
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

10 Aug 2019, 21:18

I remember there is a fix number that someone found in game file. I remember it because I remember he said changing the formation mod changes this number (lol).
France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold

10 Aug 2019, 21:25

bwinner wrote:I remember there is a fix number that someone found in game file. I remember it because I remember he said changing the formation mod changes this number (lol).

Lol, really?
Canada dansil92
Lancer

11 Aug 2019, 04:18

Riotcoke wrote:Is it all archers that have this negative, or only nilla archers i.e Longbow and Cbow?

I know cetan and aenna and ckn miss, the cav archers & eagle runners miss, and longbows/crossbows. Accuracy seems to be dependent on range and target speed too. I enabled the temple support card for ERKs in the editor and they miss more often at 16 range than at 12.

Mace never miss and apparently yumi dont either
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

11 Aug 2019, 04:48

Aenna seem to miss too despite their projectile looking different than most archers' ones
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019

Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
European Union UrvyZnapy
Musketeer

12 Aug 2019, 18:10

Virgin archer vs chad rifleman
chadvirgin.png
chadvirgin.png (232.09 KiB) Viewed 93 times

Forum Info

Return to “General”