User avatar
United States of America bittersalt123
Skirmisher
Posts: 123

07 Oct 2019, 22:37

Is there any scenario when you would put abus in melee?
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6065

07 Oct 2019, 22:39

what for :S
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
Posts: 7356
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

07 Oct 2019, 22:43

No, that's the last unit you'd ever want to melee. The only case where any RI unit might be put in melee is when there's an unprotected falc, but abus shit on falcs at range anyway. And they don't snare in melee either.
sirmusket: https://imgur.com/phZoCw6
sirmusket: compare that to ur piece of shit face/height
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
European Union aaryngend
Musketeer
Posts: 85

07 Oct 2019, 23:06

Kaiserklein wrote:No, that's the last unit you'd ever want to melee. The only case where any RI unit might be put in melee is when there's an unprotected falc, but abus shit on falcs at range anyway. And they don't snare in melee either.
Ye, because their Siege Attack bypasses the huge ranged resistance of Falconets (75% RR).
User avatar
United States of America bittersalt123
Skirmisher
Posts: 123

08 Oct 2019, 21:05

There has to be at least one scenario where adus melee would be of use.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4137
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

08 Oct 2019, 21:36

There really isn't. Even the most niche of niche melee situations--switching ranged infantry into melee in order to use siege attack instead of ranged attack vs warships--is only going to hurt you with Abus. If you're not fighting at range regardless of the situation with Abus then you're doing something wrong no matter what.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
Posts: 8696
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

08 Oct 2019, 21:43

For long range fisting purposes.
Effective ESOC Patch notes

"♪We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven; and in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten♫"
"♪You can't trust anyone, because you're untrustable. How can you trust someone you know can't trust you?♫"
Germany lordraphael
Jaeger
EWTNWC LAN SilverDonator 01
Posts: 2305

08 Oct 2019, 21:58

there isnt simply becasue they deal siege dmg and therefore auto bypass the range resistance which is the only reason to put infantry in melee mode.
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1729

08 Oct 2019, 22:25

Meele abus taking down falconet with dodge micro.

Probably would never come up though, but it does mean the technical answer is yes.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Gendarme
Donator 01
Posts: 6065

08 Oct 2019, 22:32

why even do that when u can just snipe it
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1729

08 Oct 2019, 22:35

Hazza54321 wrote:why even do that when u can just snipe it


I was thinking of the scenario we had in the NWC where (tabben?) microed 1 meele jan to kill 1 falconet because no other units were nearby.

As good as abus are ... even 1 can not best falc in ranged mode.
Germany lordraphael
Jaeger
EWTNWC LAN SilverDonator 01
Posts: 2305

08 Oct 2019, 22:38

WickedCossack wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:why even do that when u can just snipe it


I was thinking of the scenario we had in the NWC where (tabben?) microed 1 meele jan to kill 1 falconet because no other units were nearby.

As good as abus are ... even 1 can not best falc in ranged mode.

thing is abus have a really shitty melee animation. probably couldnt even do that with them
breeze wrote:they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7644
ESO: Garja

08 Oct 2019, 22:46

abus have min range 2 (get meeleed easier than skirms). Aside from that it's very low damage so no point in kill falcs that way
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4137
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

08 Oct 2019, 22:46

WickedCossack wrote:Meele abus taking down falconet with dodge micro.

Probably would never come up though, but it does mean the technical answer is yes.

Technically you could just juke all of the cannon balls and kill it at range more quickly.
User avatar
Finland somppukunkku
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 2571

08 Oct 2019, 22:46

WickedCossack wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:why even do that when u can just snipe it


I was thinking of the scenario we had in the NWC where (tabben?) microed 1 meele jan to kill 1 falconet because no other units were nearby.

As good as abus are ... even 1 can not best falc in ranged mode.

AFAIK the jan got stuck (bugged) on falc and he didn't move it manually.
Co-Founder of Somali Kabuli Gaming
Homo management SKG
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1729

08 Oct 2019, 22:51

Mitoe wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:Meele abus taking down falconet with dodge micro.

Probably would never come up though, but it does mean the technical answer is yes.

Technically you could just juke all of the cannon balls and kill it at range more quickly.


I assumed in melee range it's far easier to dodge, otherwise infantry would be dodging falc shots all the time?

Probably easier to juke with one unit anyways, stops bouncing and splash. Though I'd think if you can do it ranged mode you could stagger mode 12 muskets and juke.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1729

08 Oct 2019, 22:52

somppukunkku wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:why even do that when u can just snipe it


I was thinking of the scenario we had in the NWC where (tabben?) microed 1 meele jan to kill 1 falconet because no other units were nearby.

As good as abus are ... even 1 can not best falc in ranged mode.

AFAIK the jan got stuck (bugged) on falc and he didn't move it manually.


Ah I did wonder, was cool nonetheless.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4137
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

08 Oct 2019, 22:56

WickedCossack wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:Meele abus taking down falconet with dodge micro.

Probably would never come up though, but it does mean the technical answer is yes.

Technically you could just juke all of the cannon balls and kill it at range more quickly.


I assumed in melee range it's far easier to dodge, otherwise infantry would be dodging falc shots all the time?

Probably easier to juke with one unit anyways, stops bouncing and splash. Though I'd think if you can do it ranged mode you could stagger mode 12 muskets and juke.

It's possible to juke with infantry but only if you do it in a way that the cannonballs land in front of your army rather than within a different part of it. People do it all the time by accident. It's definitely much easier with 1-2 units--sometimes I have fun seeing how many times I can dodge the agra fort with a converted treasure guardian before I mess up haha; it's not that hard once you get the rhythm of the ROF down. It can be more difficult/impossible vs a falc if the opponent turns on his brain and starts staggering his shots with a longer ROF than normal.

I don't think you can do it effectively with any large group of infantry, stagger mode or no, just because it's too difficult to avoid the splash damage without always having to juke out of range. Plus stagger mode is so garbage anyway.
User avatar
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7644
ESO: Garja

08 Oct 2019, 23:08

Dodging cannon balls is easier with vsync on, I tested it.
Splash damage (from falcs at least) seems to be cone shaped and not quite a circle. So if you move side way and toward the falconet it's not hard to dodge part of the damage output. However, it's quite hard to dodge any damage entirely.
Also moving sideways kinda confuses the falcs which have to "lock on" in the same way warships do. However falcs do that quickier so you either have a very fast moving unit or you move the closest possible to the falc.
User avatar
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
Posts: 4137
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

08 Oct 2019, 23:17

Garja wrote:Dodging cannon balls is easier with vsync on, I tested it.
Splash damage (from falcs at least) seems to be cone shaped and not quite a circle. So if you move side way and toward the falconet it's not hard to dodge part of the damage output. However, it's quite hard to dodge any damage entirely.
Also moving sideways kinda confusing the falcs which has to "lock on" in the same way warships do. However falcs do that quickier so you either have a very fast moving unit or you move the closest possible to the falc.

It is normally quite hard to dodge without taking any damage entirely. However, units that use cannonballs as projectiles will always aim for where the unit WILL be, rather than where the unit is. So as long as you are moving, and juke at the right moment in the opposite direction, you can dodge 100% of the damage pretty easily as you will create more distance between the cannonball and the unit than if you are standing stationary and trying to juke from that position.

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nuggy465 and 24 guests