For example, the WoL and NE discords.
There's also the "Age of Empires Network" discord that's aiming to bring everyone together too
My question is though, which other discord are out there too? I'll try and compile a list below:
musketeer925 wrote:It has come to my attention that I am a member of an increasing number of Age of Empires-oriented Discord channels. I thought I would compile them here, for the community's benefit:
Wars of Liberty Mod
Napoleonic Era Mod
"Age Of" Community
Age of Empires: Online
Age of Mythology
If you contribute others, I'll add them to the list. Be sure to get "never expires" links.
Still, are there any others since that was created? :)
EDIT: Also found this below. Perhaps I should stop with my shoot and ask questions later approach
- Schermafbeelding 2018-11-22 om 09.33.15.png (173.57 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
- Schermafbeelding 2018-11-22 om 09.33.26.png (198.19 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
- Schermafbeelding 2018-11-22 om 09.33.37.png (170.47 KiB) Viewed 2207 times
NOTE: Perhaps I should have ordered them by number of members. lol
NOT GAME SPECIFIC:
Notes: Greek speaking server
Notes: Server for small YouTuber, Italian speaking?
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCopCN9P ... g/featured
Twitch: Have asked if he has one
RTS Games Lovers
Notes: Not AOE focused. Has a lot of game devs in the server though
Age of Empires IV
Notes: There are two AOE4 servers, which one backed more by the community?
Age of Empires 4
Notes: I think this one more ‘community official’ despite being smaller?
Age of Empires Network
Notes: Goal of this server is to link all AOE communities (and their Discords together), could see a lot of traction as time goes on
“Age of” Community
Members: Unknown (hides offline members)
Notes: Ran by PKChicks
AGE OF EMPIRES 2 SERVERS:
Age of Empires 2 HD & DK
Notes: Tatoh’s server
Members: Lots (hides offline members)
Notes: The Viper’s server
Members: Lots (Hides offline users)
This list is almost certainly incomplete.
AGE OF EMPIRES 3 SERVERS:
Notes: Official ESOC server
Age of Empires 3 Community
Notes: German speaking sever
Age of Empires 3 ITA- Crocevia
Notes: Italian speaking server
Time 2 Treaty
Notes: Treaty (gamemode) specific server
EP Team Games
Notes: (unofficial) Matchmaking server for team supremacy on ESOC Patch
AOE3 Improvement Mod
Notes: Improvement mod is an important mod that aims to polish and improve the game + features
Notes: Napoleonic Era (NE) is huge modding project that brings new civs, maps & lots of great content to AOE3
Notes: Inactive server
AOEIII Insight Studios
Notes: Insite’s YouTube/Twitch are inactive now
Age of Empires 3 - Wars of Liberty
Notes: Wars of Liberty (WoL) is huge modding project that brings new civs, maps & lots of great content to AOE3
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY SERVERS:
Age of Mythology:
Notes: Is this the largest AOM server?
AGE OF EMPIRES ONLINE SERVERS:
Notes: Pvp matchmaking server for AOEO
Age of Empires Online
Members: Lots (hides offline members but has 1000+ online)
Interjection wrote:AOE3 Improvement Mod
Notes: Improvement mod was an important AOE3 project that enabled lot of other mods e.g., ESOC Patch
That's one weird description, I have to say. Improvement Mod was is a patch/game overhaul mod led by @mandosrex. It is still under active development and (to my knowledge) has the largest AoE3-related discord server after ESOC. I'm also not sure what "enabled" other mods is referring to, although Mandos has been recently helping me a great deal with implementing game changes / fixes for the ESOC Patch with his incredible modding knowledge and skills.
Here's an excerpt from the official description of Improvement Mod:
The Improvement Mod touches on every aspect of the incredible game that is Age of Empires 3 and its expansions, improving and tweaking every feature the game has to offer while also adding many new features and content such as new units, buildings, maps, civilizations, soundtracks and game modes.
All of this results in a very refined gameplay experience powered by an improved AI and better visuals. Balancing is also a main focus for the mod and everything has been made as balanced and fair as possible.
The mod is recommended for AoE3 Complete Collection (Steam version) as it contains everything the mod needs, although it can be installed over any version as long as the game has both expansions and ALL official updates.
Main features of the Improvement Mod:
- new African, American and Oceania maps plus new Large, Regicide, Custom and themed maps (and new map options)
- new native allies for the new maps and new specific animals and props
- new gameplay features such as Control Points, improved King of the Hill mode and Trade Monopoly
- overall many balance changes and gameplay tweaks, plus some returning features from AoE2
- new original soundtracks, taken from campaigns and other AoE related sources
- new and improved AI made to work with the newly added features
- fixed and improved formations, animations and visual effects such as smoke, dust and blood
- new playable civilizations, the Americans, Italians and Swedish
- new Consulate allies (Americans, Italians and Swedish) and improved Revolution civilizations
- new unique resource for European civilizations, Fame (similar to Export)
- new units, cards, techs, buildings, sounds and hotkeys for all civilizations
- rebalance and new content for every old and new civilization
- many fixes across the board, from broken textures to bugged units, techs, pathfinding and sounds
- reduced the randomness in attacks and damage patterns and improved area damage
- fixes and improvements for the "Out of sync" error
- full LAN and ESO support with more available teams
- increased population and redesigned naval warfare
- and much, much more
It appears to be a relatively lesser known mod around here on ESOC, but it's actually one of the most (if not the most) polished huge AoE3 game mods that exist.
New server: https://discord.gg/Ap4DyZg
Notes: Italian speaking server
This is my old server that I closed (for various reasons) and so I requested to update the link with the new server created a few months ago. This thread came to my attention yesterday by accident
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg