New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead
ESO: Funnu

11 Jan 2020, 17:05

Due to the recent release of EP7 – including EP7.1 – and the mostly preliminary nature of opinions resulting from it, I wasn't initially planning on running another balance poll, until after the Winter Championship. I recently changed my mind, in part thanks to the input of some people. It's been a while since the last poll, and regardless of the confidence in opinion, it's always interesting to see what players make of balance:

https://tinyurl.com/sarc7yp

Please note that no balance updates are currently scheduled for release, before the end of the Winter Championship, and that the next poll will be more extensive.

While we look forward to the continued improvement of the patch, heading into the tournament, I greatly appreciate your continued feedback and support, and wish everyone the best!
Effective ESOC Patch notes

Blue-haired girl being slain

'This is no declaration, I just thought I'd let you know goodbye'
Said the hero in the story
'It is mightier than swords. I could kill you sure, but I could only make you cry with these words'
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

11 Jan 2020, 17:06

I will try to provide better graphs, soon.

'It is mightier than swords. I could kill you sure, but I could only make you cry with these words'
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Supreme God Emperor of Tournaments
Donator 01
ESO: mr_bramboy

11 Jan 2020, 22:13

For future polls, would it be possible to make the options non-obligatory? I have no idea how Aztecs stands on EP7 so I would really prefer not to answer that question.
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

12 Jan 2020, 21:34

Mr_Bramboy wrote:For future polls, would it be possible to make the options non-obligatory? I have no idea how Aztecs stands on EP7 so I would really prefer not to answer that question.
Wouldn't that skew results towards the extremes? I would suggest simply giving an average rating, if you don't feel comfortable in guessing.

New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

13 Jan 2020, 17:46

zoom wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:For future polls, would it be possible to make the options non-obligatory? I have no idea how Aztecs stands on EP7 so I would really prefer not to answer that question.
Wouldn't that skew results towards the extremes? I would suggest simply giving an average rating, if you don't feel comfortable in guessing.
After some slow thinking, I realized that my fears are largely unfounded, since the only direct impact should be on the sample size of the respective civilizations. I've updated the poll, in case anyone wishes to update their response, accordingly.

Thank you for pointing this issue out!

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Donator 01

13 Jan 2020, 18:05

zoom wrote:
zoom wrote:
After some slow thinking, I realized that my fears are largely unfounded, since the only direct impact should be on the sample size of the respective civilizations. I've updated the poll, in case anyone wishes to update their response, accordingly.

I would even say making each option mandatory will skew the results disproportionally. I gave Aztecs a 6, I've got no clue if they're better or worse than in EP6.

I can't 'unselect' my options. Maybe add a 'no comment' option?
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

13 Jan 2020, 18:23

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I would even say making each option mandatory will skew the results disproportionally. I gave Aztecs a 6, I've got no clue if they're better or worse than in EP6.

Indeed!

I struggle to find such an option. Shall I simply delete your response, which should allow you to file a new one?

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Donator 01

13 Jan 2020, 18:45

zoom wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Indeed!

I struggle to find such an option. Shall I simply delete your response, which should allow you to file a new one?

Try that!
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

13 Jan 2020, 18:48

Done! Please try, now.

France Le Hussard sur le toit
Crossbow
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

13 Jan 2020, 22:17

Polls should always have a "I don't know/don't care option" if you want accurate results. It would overwhelmingly win many polls if it were included !
New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

14 Jan 2020, 22:26

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Polls should always have a "I don't know/don't care option" if you want accurate results. It would overwhelmingly win many polls if it were included !
Every option is non-mandatory, now. If anyone doesn't want to answer a specific question, they should simply not respond to it.

New Zealand zoom
EP Project Lead

14 Jan 2020, 22:35

After eventually finishing my response, I thought I'd share it (for reference, and in case anyone is interested). I'm slow—especially when thorough:

Civilization ratings (out of 10):

Br: 7
Fr: 6 Ger: 6
Az, Ch, Du, Ir, Ja, Sp: 5
In, Ot, Po, Ru: 4
Si: 3

Other ratings (out of 5):

Confidence in above civilization ratings: 3
Balance satisfaction: 4
General satisfaction: 4

I hope to share great results graphs, this week.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Patch Discussion”