Anyone teach me yt?

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Anyone teach me yt?

Post by giveuanxiety »

Hey anyone here willing to spend some time and help teach me more about editing videos for YouTube? I’ve taught myself a decent amount starting, I want to learn more but it’s often difficult/ frustrating trying to teach yourself from tutorial videos. My next thing I’m trying to learn is how to make edit videos with a list. Like a 10 top video counting down.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Great Britain The_Lastsamurai
Pro Player
ESO: The_lastsamurai

Re: Anyone teach me yt?

Post by The_Lastsamurai »

How about you focus on streaming more? Isn’t that why you said your going part time ? Maybe we can get some more consistent content on twitch from you first??

Go GUA u are my king
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

I have been part time. I work nights and still stream for around 50 hours/ month.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

more twitch less youtube
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

General thoughts on (streamers POV) aoe3 gameplay on YT:

Imo it's quite hard to make an entertaining aoe3 gameplay video, especially without an Escape-Like setup. Without the ability to make it dynamic by e.g. switching between different camera angles or even sceneries you don't have an awful lot of options other than the content itself (quality of gameplay and, more importantly, a distinct style of commentary, something that sets it apart from others). Most notably you can create dynamism by zooming in/out or slow motion for certain game situations. If it suits your style of videos you can also work with short pop-up comic reliefs.

Concerning lists, you're going to have an easier time since you cherry-pick the most entertaining scenes and edit further with methods like zooming in/out or slow motion. All you need then are transitions from each spot to the next. Those should be short introduction overlays, possibly but not necessarily overdubbed with a short commentary introduction and/or background music to form an Intro to each point of the list. Those will serve as your main instruments for pacing your list-video.

I remember fairly entertaining list-videos from Interjection (top 6 funny / insane moments), they can serve as an example for that

Hope that was of help
United States of America HeadKilla
Lancer
The Big Game Hunter - Bronze ElephantDonator Best
ESO: Headkilla

Post by HeadKilla »

I recommend starting out with Red Tube videos and then working your way up to You Tube videos.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

I think if you're making youtube videos it only makes sense to make either casted games uploaded, or do something like SamuraiRevolution. The problem you have is most of your casual games are firstly one civ, which to the casual is dull, or even if you do play a couple of civs your strats and how you play are very clinical i.e standard. Casual players like to watch people do wacky strats etc.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

I think you need to either focus on one or the other to get into a good platform first before commiting to high quality content across both platforms. If you want to push out high quality casted games onto youtube aswell then check boit out! I'm sure your very familiar with him but I would say sometimes on a twich stream you may have other stuff going on in the background like a washing machine or chatting about real life, sometimes get distracted by the twitch chat (which is great for twitch viewers but doesnt work for matches published to youtube afterwards) and sometimes it does come across that you are feeling very tired when casting which is completely understandable to us and the community as we all love you but may not have the same engagement level for a random generic age of empires fan on youtube.
Advanced Player
Donator 02

Post by giveuanxiety »

I get most of what you’re saying, but no you definitely should be doing yt and twitch at the same time. Twitch is an insanely bad platform for getting discovered. YouTube is real good for getting discovered even when you have zero subs.

Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

You might want to opt for different content for yt, that appeals to new players. Strategies, BO video guides, tips and tricks like the ones of Interjection, challenges (see aiz' only colonial games) etc. Solely high level gameplay/casting might be restrictive
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Yeah teach these noobs how to shotgun a beer or build a boat on ur yt channel. I could get behind that
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

giveuanxiety wrote:Hey anyone here willing to spend some time and help teach me more about editing videos for YouTube? I’ve taught myself a decent amount starting, I want to learn more but it’s often difficult/ frustrating trying to teach yourself from tutorial videos. My next thing I’m trying to learn is how to make edit videos with a list. Like a 10 top video counting down.
What software are you using for editing?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

"How to shotgun a beer - an age of empires iii strat" sounds like a good video title.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

My old manager at the movie theater had a “Better with beer” YouTube series. I would like to see a “Better with beer: Age of empires 3” video.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

inter is probably the only person who has some decent experience with yt
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

For top ten countdown you could just put a title screen between each clip saying what the number in the countdown is/ any other information. Then just trim the clip to the part you want.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums