iNcog's Empire Cup - Tournament Rules & Information

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

iNcog's Empire Cup - Tournament Rules & Information

Post by Cometk »

iNcog's Empire Cup
Tournament Schedule:
- All times are in GMT.
- The tournament will begin at 15:00 GMT on Saturday, March 21st.

- Saturday, March 21st - Day 1
- Round of 128: 15:00 - 15:45
- Round of 64: 15:45 - 16:30
- Round of 32: 16:30 - 17:15
- Round of 16: 17:15 - 19:30
- Round of 8: 19:30 - 21:30

- Sunday March 22nd - Day 2
- Semi-finals 1: 15:00 - 17:00
- Semi-finals 2: 17:00 - 19:00
- Finals: 19:30 - 22:30

- The tournament will be streamed live on ESOCTV and ESOCTV2!

- Sign ups are open now! You can sign up using your My ESOC tab with your ESO username.
- Before the sign-ups period is over, a player must send their "premier" civilization choice to @Cometk via private message

Civilization Rules:
- During sign-ups, players choose a “premier” civilization. A player's first game of every series will be played with this civilization. This includes the Best-of-1 phase. Before the sign-ups period is over, a player must send their "premier" civilization choice to @Cometk via private message. If a player fails to send their civilization in before the sign-ups deadline, their civilization will be decided for them. Players are advised to take a look at the map pool before confirming their civilization choice.

- Beginning with the Round of 16, a civilization veto mechanic is introduced. After Game 1, players are able to veto their opponent’s civilization for a given map. A player has 1 veto for a Bo3 series, 2 vetoes for a Bo5 series and 3 vetoes for a Bo7 series. Veto decisions are made after Game 1, during the series. For more information on how the veto mechanic works, take a look at this document.

- Once you have won with a civilization, you may not use it again for the rest of the series. Losing a game does not disable a player’s civilization from being played again.
- For the 1st game in a series, players will use their locked "premier" civilizations. After that, the winner of the previous game will select their civilization first. This pick is final and will be locked in. Their opponent will then pick their civilization afterwards.

- In a Best-of-3, you must win with 2 different civilizations.
- In a Best-of-5, you must win with 3 different civilizations.
- In a Best-of-7, you must win with 4 different civilizations.

Map Pool:
All maps are listed in the order they are to be played in. There will be no map vetoes.
- Games on Hudson Bay will use the Winter map variant.
- Games on Kamchatka will use the Summer map variant.

Rules:'
- All games must be played on the ESOC Patch.
- All games must be recorded.
- The winner of the match should report results & submit recorded games using the match results submitter.
- All players must respect the tournament schedule. If a series is not in progress by the time a round is scheduled to end, the admins reserve the right to make a decision on the winner of the match.
- All players must coordinate with the admins to ensure smooth scheduling of casted matches.
- If a player disconnects, the game is to be resumed using the resume from replay feature of the ESOC patch. Admins reserve the right to override this rule and have the game restarted.
- All other applicable ESOC tournament rules apply. This includes the sections regarding Gameplay Rules, Scheduling Rules, Casting Rules, and Disqualification Rules.

Additional Notes:
- Games will be played primarily on ESO; games that need to be played on GameRanger must be authorized by a tournament administrator. In case of unforeseen circumstances, casted games may need to be played on GameRanger.
- In case games need to be played on GameRanger, please have home cities and decks prepared!
- If you think your opponent somehow had an unfair advantage by using any exploits or mods, please PM one of the admins with the recorded game and screenshots.
- Admins reserve the right to disqualify any player(s) for failure to abide by the tournament rules. All admin decisions will be final.
- If you have any further questions, please ask in this thread!

Prize Pool:
The total prize pool is $700 USD, with $650 allocated towards the main events and $50 as a side pot for additional prizes.

A gracious thank you to minimoult21 & iNcog for sponsoring this event!

1st place: $260 & exclusive forum badge
2nd place: $130
3rd-4th place: $65 each
5th-8th place: $33 each

Biggest upset: $25
Best strategy: $25

Donate
- If you would like to contribute to future ESOC events, you can make a contribution here!

Tournament Staff
- Admins: @BrookG, @Cometk, @iNcog, @minimoult21, @Mr_Bramboy
- Casters:

Thank you everyone and enjoy!
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: iNcog's Empire Cup - Tournament Rules & Information

Post by spanky4ever »

Super @iNcog' - what can I say, other than :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@iNcog can I add one more more exciting thing to your tournament? I will give 100 more to the person who wins with most TWC civs? Just popped into my head ;)
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

iwillspankyou wrote:@iNcog can I add one more more exciting thing to your tournament? I will give 100 more to the person who wins with most TWC civs? Just popped into my head ;)
That's fine with me :)

Make sure it is as public as possible if you can. I am not sure how to articulate such a prize and I'm at work right now so hard for me to think about it. but you're totally free to set something up
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

iNcog wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:@iNcog can I add one more more exciting thing to your tournament? I will give 100 more to the person who wins with most TWC civs? Just popped into my head ;)
That's fine with me :)

Make sure it is as public as possible if you can. I am not sure how to articulate such a prize and I'm at work right now so hard for me to think about it. but you're totally free to set something up
could be cool IMO. talk to mod heads ;) they can maybe make a spin of it. If anyone thinks Asian dynasties are played are too random (they are btw). someone cold bet the same price pool additions - and maybe we could have ONE tournament when all the civs get to play ;)
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player
ESO: Oliveza

Post by Oliveza »

seeding will be done based on current ep & jp elo?
:mds: > BIGS
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Oliveza wrote:seeding will be done based on current ep & jp elo?
Weekend tours are usually rigged arbitrarily modified after standard formulas have been applied.
No Flag MarklandKingdom
Crossbow

Post by MarklandKingdom »

Hi!
I am interested but I want information in regards to Money
1. is there an entry fee to participate in the tournament? If so, how much?
2. For the prize money, how will my money be transferred to me? Will I need to give my bank info?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@MarklandKingdom Hi, this tournament happened in March, that is 9 months ago.
But to answer your questions in general, most AoE3 tournaments have no entry fee and the prize money is transferred by paypal I believe.
No Flag MarklandKingdom
Crossbow

Post by MarklandKingdom »

So when would the next tournament be if you don't mind me asking?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

MarklandKingdom wrote:So when would the next tournament be if you don't mind me asking?
who knows man? just be active here ,whenever there is a tournament it will be on the font page.
:nwc: