Deathmatch is exceptionable

European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re: Deathmatch is exceptionable

Post by aaryngend »

iNcog wrote:I like 3 minute games :)

I tried a few games with Cometk but he is top 1. so it was just me trying to last an extra minute every game. was hard

lol sex puns
Why only 3mins? Even when I played vs wicked back then it takes those DM guys at least 5mins to beat you. Or my memory is clouded. I think smart outpost & building placement keeps you in the game for a bit longer.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

aaryngend wrote:
iNcog wrote:I like 3 minute games :)

I tried a few games with Cometk but he is top 1. so it was just me trying to last an extra minute every game. was hard

lol sex puns
Why only 3mins? Even when I played vs wicked back then it takes those DM guys at least 5mins to beat you. Or my memory is clouded. I think smart outpost & building placement keeps you in the game for a bit longer.
I resign when it is over
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
helln00 wrote:The problem i have with death matches is that its restricted to industrial and imp, which inherently means that asian civs are without wonders which just feels bad
Asian civs can go age 5 though. According to cometk, India and China are playable.
India and China are "playable" against newer that don't know how to exploit the impossibly slow training time and resource issues of India and China
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

The biggest issue of deathmatch is that nobody plays it. It does require a ton of micro and speed to play, especially in the first minute of the game where you want to build houses, build units, build military buildings, get xp, get nat upgrades, and call minutemen
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

"Why play TR when you can just play DM?" is a question I've seen a lot pretty much since I started playing. My problems with DM:
-Not very active, less active than treaty
-Games are often very short and don't feel satisfying (when I played in the DM weekend tourney in 2018, it was over in 2 hours iirc).
-Balance is vastly different from treaty and also not very good. Unlike for treaty, there is no patch for DM
-Supremacy and treaty are both superior on TAD but the best DM games/players are apparently on nilla, and having to switch expansions to play a game mode is annoying
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

dicktator_ wrote:"Why play TR when you can just play DM?" is a question I've seen a lot pretty much since I started playing. My problems with DM:
-Not very active, less active than treaty
-Games are often very short and don't feel satisfying (when I played in the DM weekend tourney in 2018, it was over in 2 hours iirc).
-Balance is vastly different from treaty and also not very good. Unlike for treaty, there is no patch for DM
-Supremacy and treaty are both superior on TAD but the best DM games/players are apparently on nilla, and having to switch expansions to play a game mode is annoying
Balance for deathmatch is lacking even more on vanilla. Germany is totally unbeatable on vanilla because Russia can't fort and factory, Spain can't unction and factory, Portugal can't 20 range goon, and while skirmishers are supposedly "countering" war wagons, the skirmishers end up just losing to the war wagons.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

I think DM was a nice mode. I remember signing up for a DM tournament just to get rekt by hazzardroxx. Who i still belivie is Hazza54321.

Would rather see more dm games than treaty tbh.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Victor_swe wrote:I think DM was a nice mode. I remember signing up for a DM tournament just to get rekt by hazzardroxx. Who i still belivie is Hazza54321.
How would that even be possible? Hazza54321 is clearly a british dude, everybody who watches his stream for just a bit should notice that. Hazardroxs is american.. and probably much older.

Unless he finished the aoe3 campaign and found the fountain of youth.. :hmm: What about that accent then though?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i put on an accent
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Wasn’t hazardroxs puzzzy? Aka Belsha? The well known maphacker?

Or lunicop?

Either way both known for mh/oos back in the day
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

CuCkO0 wrote:Wasn’t hazardroxs puzzzy? Aka Belsha? The well known maphacker?

Or lunicop?

Either way both known for mh/oos back in the day
No. You thinking of someone else there.