Spanish Discussion Thread

Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: Spanish Discussion Thread

Post by chris1089 »

Although of course it would be good to have all cards viable, this doesn't mean all cards have to be used equally often.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Jets wrote: Atm I'm exploring spain colonial potential in EP, aging with 400food or 2 settlers while chopping wood with 8-9 vills can get you a market, a barracks and 5 xbows at 5-6 min.
I play sometime in age 2 and unction is quite good with xbow cav compo
Jets wrote: While aging I send Capitalism card to fulfill the gold early gold techs, then 700W, then 5 vills, 4 vills, military cards, and right-click the enemy base.
Why capitalism and not 3 vili? also if you send capitalisme in second card (after 3 vili) its better to send thery economic. But regardless, your bo is too slow most of the time.
Jets wrote: I'm looking forward to use the spain church card, but the corselet is double edge sword, since the speed debuff.

I use this card only for practise game when i go for pure mousket timing (against some ff, like... rohbro :P )
Jets wrote: Other than that, corselet should definitely buff Lancers, it's pure logic: metal armored lancer --- metal armor tech.

Lancer with 5.5 speed lol
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

chronique wrote: Why capitalism and not 3 vili? also if you send capitalisme in second card (after 3 vili) its better to send thery economic. But regardless, your bo is too slow most of the time.
Actually, I send 3 vills, capitalism if there's no tp route or water is a good option, you end up swimming in gold without even noticing + Spanish gold. That card makes mercs a viable option, and the tc population card too.
chronique wrote: Lancer with 5.5 speed lol
Maybe the speed nerf would only count to infantry. Lancers could be a cuirassier-like unit, tanky and infantry demolishers.

With Corselet added, the total HP at age 3 with all cards and arsenal tech is 634 HP.

But is just an idea, maybe a 15% instead of 25% hp boost.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Jets wrote:
chronique wrote: Why capitalism and not 3 vili? also if you send capitalisme in second card (after 3 vili) its better to send thery economic. But regardless, your bo is too slow most of the time.
Actually, I send 3 vills, capitalism if there's no tp route or water is a good option, you end up swimming in gold without even noticing + Spanish gold. That card makes mercs a viable option, and the tc population card too.
chronique wrote: Lancer with 5.5 speed lol
Maybe the speed nerf would only count to infantry. Lancers could be a cuirassier-like unit, tanky and infantry demolishers.

With Corselet added, the total HP at age 3 with all cards and arsenal tech is 634 HP.

But is just an idea, maybe a 15% instead of 25% hp boost.
Many things are wrong here
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

@Jets I need to teach you how play spain i guess ^^.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

chronique wrote:@Jets I need to teach you how play spain i guess ^^.
Can you teach me while you're at it
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Russia Ghost_Imperator
Skirmisher
ESO: Ghost_Imperator

Post by Ghost_Imperator »

Will be glad if you teach me as well
:chinese: :export:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

so many noobs it hurts my eyes
Russia Ghost_Imperator
Skirmisher
ESO: Ghost_Imperator

Post by Ghost_Imperator »

Hazza54321 wrote:so many noobs it hurts my eyes
How is treaty doing?
:chinese: :export:
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

I'm certainly not the best at it, but the vanilla game kept me fascinated with the civ, I really miss those days, on the other hand, I wish there would be more EP players active on multiplayer, most of the time I see hosts with ESOC maps playin on the nilla version.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

Jets wrote:
I'm certainly not the best at it, but the vanilla game kept me fascinated with the civ, I really miss those days, on the other hand, I wish there would be more EP players active on multiplayer, most of the time I see hosts with ESOC maps playin on the nilla version.
They're not on Nilla theyre on the esoc patch
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

Ok no more off-topic post but I think this belongs to its own thread.
What I was trying to say was that most of the time I see esoc maps on official patch games, thus, a considerable proportion of ep players choose to play not on ep itself.
I don't think there's another thing going on there, I have my ep updated and everything and I can't seem to join those game.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Jets wrote:Ok no more off-topic post but I think this belongs to its own thread.
What I was trying to say was that most of the time I see esoc maps on official patch games, thus, a considerable proportion of ep players choose to play not on ep itself.
I don't think there's another thing going on there, I have my ep updated and everything and I can't seem to join those game.
That's because the mapsets are renamed on EP. Therefore you will see everyone hosting ESOC mapsets while you're EP, and you will see no one hosting ESOC mapsets while you're not on EP.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Argentina Jets
Dragoon

Post by Jets »

What if the TEAM Inquisition card (All units get +10 LOS) gives instead a multiplier against native units, showing the terrific Spain Inquisition times. I think of this multiplier 2x, 3x on the Explorer & dogs perhaps, maybe even settlers.
This could be a counter to early nat rushes, also a minor counter to french native plays. Also with the natives changes I really think there would be a lot of them around the map.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Jets wrote:What if the TEAM Inquisition card (All units get +10 LOS) gives instead a multiplier against native units, showing the terrific Spain Inquisition times. I think of this multiplier 2x, 3x on the Explorer & dogs perhaps, maybe even settlers.
This could be a counter to early nat rushes, also a minor counter to french native plays. Also with the natives changes I really think there would be a lot of them around the map.
The impact of the Spanish Inquisition on the colonies was marginal. Most natives were eager to adopt christianity, because they believed that it protects them from deadly old-world diseases, just like christianity seemed to protect the Spanish from them. The main operations of the Inquisition were targeted at conversos in actual Spain, which were converted Jews/Muslims who were accused of converting just in name but keeping their old religion in secrecy.

Making the team card giving a multiplier against native units would not make sense. Given that the Inquisition also tried to collect information, the additional LOS is actually not too bad.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.