This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Lancer

14 Aug 2020, 17:53

maybe it was intentional for meme potential? AoE3 content creator with the 200iq again
Latvia harcha
Howdah
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

14 Aug 2020, 17:56

inb4 every pr30+ gets a 240hz monitor to reduce misclicks
France Aykin Haraka
Lancer
EWT
ESO: 4yk1n

14 Aug 2020, 18:22

no
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

15 Aug 2020, 12:31

No Flag skandertayebi
Crossbow
ESO: skandertayebi

02 Sep 2020, 22:58

Kiribati SirCallen
Ninja
EPL Reigning ChampsDonator 03
ESO: PrinceofKabul

05 Sep 2020, 05:08

some of the best ragdolling I've seen
Storms form and I can’t fathom why
Only where, when the night’s pierced open,
Until it’s shut.
Kiribati SirCallen
Ninja

05 Sep 2020, 05:16

sike
Until it’s shut.
United States of America Cometk
ESOC Media Team

06 Sep 2020, 17:56

Kiribati SirCallen
Ninja

06 Sep 2020, 23:25

got excellent use of my new taunt today

Until it’s shut.
Portugal breeze
Howdah
Donator 01

11 Sep 2020, 17:54

Cometk wrote:The reason I took 5 years of French language classes in middle school & high school is because I had gotten hooked on playing them in Age of Empires: Age of Kings!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

11 Sep 2020, 18:23

LOL
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT

11 Sep 2020, 18:34

This is caused by the "target lock" mechanic interaction with warships' lame continual random broadside attack.
Typically, "target lock" allows a unit to finish one last attack action regardless of range, as long as the targeted unit is within overall LoS. However, warship broadside attack is like a continual action that doesn't have any proper rate-of-fire that would stop it from happening. Result is that the warship is able to keep firing indefinitely (regardless of range) until target leaves LoS or dies.

Note that by "broadside attack" I mean the regular attack here, though the ability is also a broadside.
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Saudi Arabia jesus3
Howdah

12 Sep 2020, 01:40

India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

12 Sep 2020, 05:45

EAGLEMUT wrote:This is caused by the "target lock" mechanic interaction with warships' lame continual random broadside attack.
Typically, "target lock" allows a unit to finish one last attack action regardless of range, as long as the targeted unit is within overall LoS. However, warship broadside attack is like a continual action that doesn't have any proper rate-of-fire that would stop it from happening. Result is that the warship is able to keep firing indefinitely (regardless of range) until target leaves LoS or dies.

Note that by "broadside attack" I mean the regular attack here, though the ability is also a broadside.

This mechanic is used regularly by players as low as master sergeants while creeping a treasure.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

13 Sep 2020, 17:03

It's a classic bug, not sure why people seem surprised. Opponent could always play fair and prevent the vel from attacking out of range though
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap

LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

13 Sep 2020, 17:07

Kaiserklein wrote:It's a classic bug, not sure why people seem surprised. Opponent could always play fair and prevent the vel from attacking out of range though

So now abusing the range bug is "unfair" ?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

13 Sep 2020, 17:11

No you're right, shooting half map with a vel is fair
Can sirmusket calculate 5x - x??
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap

LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja

13 Sep 2020, 17:11

Not really a bug tbh
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

13 Sep 2020, 17:12

It's not more unfair than abusing the pull trick to have +3 speed, and you're the player who uses that the most.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja

13 Sep 2020, 17:15

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It's not more unfair than abusing the pull trick to have +3 speed, and you're the player who uses that the most.
Actually pulltrick is worse cause it doesnt depend on your opponent messing up, like here if he just ran out of los of the tp and ran back he would have been fine, with your opponent abusing pulltrick theres nothing you can do
Portugal breeze
Howdah
Donator 01

13 Sep 2020, 17:58

[Armag] diarouga wrote:It's not more unfair than abusing the pull trick to have +3 speed, and you're the player who uses that the most.

Exactly, you can just dodge caravel fire by getting out of the LOS while there is nothing you can do about pull trick abuse, you just get 6-7 speed units with it
Cometk wrote:The reason I took 5 years of French language classes in middle school & high school is because I had gotten hooked on playing them in Age of Empires: Age of Kings!
ESOC Media Team

13 Sep 2020, 18:03

Jesus christ not this discussion again
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

13 Sep 2020, 18:05

gibson wrote:Actually pulltrick is worse cause it doesnt depend on your opponent messing up, like here if he just ran out of los of the tp and ran back he would have been fine, with your opponent abusing pulltrick theres nothing you can do

well it is hard to run out of LOS when the cannon balls give you LOS long enough for the next shot to go off
[EP8-2 SP] aligator92[AZ] vs OPTIMUS__PRIME[JP] - ESOC Malaysia.age3yrec
(922.47 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
ESOC Malaysia
ESOC Malaysia
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 8.2
Length: 17 minutes
Sweden tabben
Dragoon
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

13 Sep 2020, 18:11

Cometk wrote:Jesus christ not this discussion again

Stop slacking mods, 2k20 pull trick discussion thread LES GOO :biggrin: this thread is for clips, get the sweaty discussions outta here

*Jeri lames a forward agra vill with nootka*
ramex19 (veni): such nooby shit i will lame you with nats forever
ESOC Media Team

13 Sep 2020, 18:13

tabben wrote:
Cometk wrote:Jesus christ not this discussion again

Stop slacking mods, 2k20 pull trick discussion thread LES GOO :biggrin: this thread is for clips, get the sweaty discussions outta here

That's right you sweaty fuckin nerds, if you want to discuss pull trick discuss it in its appropriate thread, I'll delete any further wrong opinions posted in this venerated clips thread.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Talk”