This is hello

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

This is hello

Post by Mitoe »

So after some time to think and talk to people over the last couple of days I think my previous thread was a bit of an overstatement. I don't regret saying it, and I don't want that discussion to transfer over to here.

What I did want to say was thank you to everyone who took the time to message me, despite the fact that I said I wasn't leaving. I needed to hear the kind words everyone had to offer, and I appreciate it. I really do.

The community is not as bad as I made it out to be. We can do better, of course, but the people are there, even if you don't always see them. In fact, that silence may be part of the issue, and so I'm going to make a commitment to myself and to the community to make at least one positive post a week when I see something cool on the forum, where normally I find I wouldn't bother because it sometimes seems so pointless to make a post so simple. But it's not. I hope others do the same.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. I hope you all have a wonderful week and thanks for being awesome!

P.S.
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Re: This is hello

Post by uberjz »

Very good post. Glad to see Mitoe not abandoning us
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

Mitoe wrote:and I don't want that discussion to transfer over to here.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

What Mitoe is trying to say is that he will spend less time on the eso forums and more time with his axe.
India pasha
Crossbow

Post by pasha »

Hello

The ESO Community and pro players like Mitoe and many others have kept this game alive over the years and it won't be an overstatement that because of esoc we are getting AOE 3 DE.

So, a big thank you to Mitoe and ESOC moderators
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

lovely to see :)
and good idea to open a new thread, as I quickly stop following threads that grow more than 3 pages a day
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Welcome to the community, Mitoe!

Maybe you want to check out the strategy board to improve your skills. Otherwise you could also watch the interjection videos on micro and macro basics :flowers:

For real time coaching hit up @princeofkabul on ESO if you want :idea:
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

Oh, nice to meet you. Happy birthday @Mitoe !
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Nice plop thread!
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

plop
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

Hello and welcome,
Just to say, with the end of the legacy game and the beginning of the new era, the Plop team has finished his 1rst preparation phase, Its time for the 2nd phase and now we're looking for new up-and-comer players and your profile sounds interesting. Our objectif is to be the top1 e-sport team on the definitive edition. So if you're interesting contact @Poissondu44 to see details and contracts we propose. (Tho, any candidature is follow by a technical test with @Major_dark and @Rohbrot ).
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

flontier wrote:Hello and welcome,
Just to say, with the end of the legacy game and the beginning of the new era, the Plop team has finished his 1rst preparation phase, Its time for the 2nd phase and now we're looking for new up-and-comer players and your profile sounds interesting. Our objectif is to be the top1 e-sport team on the definitive edition. So if you're interesting contact @Poissondu44 to see details and contracts we propose. (Tho, any candidature is follow by a technical test with @Major_dark and @Rohbrot ).
Beating them in a 2vs1 is though, however if anyone can do it Mitoe is your man.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

PLOP team is the future of aoe, join a team open to the world and the future!!!
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Somehow I expected that :p
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

I'm so happy to see this thread !
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

well that didn't last too long
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Denmark voigt1240
Lancer
ESO: voigt

Post by voigt1240 »

harcha wrote:well that didn't last too long
That is what she said
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Mitoe wrote:
The community is not as bad as I made it out to be. We can do better, of course, but the people are there, even if you don't always see them. In fact, that silence may be part of the issue, and so I'm going to make a commitment to myself and to the community to make at least one positive post a week when I see something cool on the forum, where normally I find I wouldn't bother because it sometimes seems so pointless to make a post so simple. But it's not. I hope others do the same.

[/spoiler]
I've joined ESOC end of last year and have not participated much in the Forums here yet. I follow the ESOC Discord and Twitch channel, though. I particularly enjoy watching the pro player matches. I'm looking forward to your upcoming Stay-At-Home Cup Finals match with Kaiserklein.

I agree that in most communities people who are more appreciative of things are often more silent. You'll rarely encounter people who deliberately set out to do what you mentioned: to regularly post something positive. It's the same with products and services in general. Those not satisfied are so much more likely to share their frustrations than people who've had a positive experience. Because of this it is extra valuable for communities like ours here to give positive feedback, too. It reinforces what you expressed you'd like to see more of and is the type of leadership I want to commend you for.

I don't know you. I've never met you. Folks from this community I trust have always spoken highly of you.
I've immensely enjoyed all your matches, be it 1v1 or 2v2 with Kaiserklein. I've enjoyed your commentary, too. To see you and some of the other pro players in the LAN World Championships (in Manchester) last year has been extra cool. I particularly liked the player interviews. Your image with the axe is creative. The whole event was just exceptional.

Earlier today I've started to watch the "Pro2Casual: China ft. Mitoe and Jailed" video hosted by GKShaman. It's easy to take for granted. You investing valuable time to share your expertise with casual players. Thank you and all the others who do so. It's what makes this community fun and meaningful to me.

Addendum:
Your recent posts in which you are sharing your thoughts and feelings about the current state of the ESOC community reminded me of a quote. I heard it in connection to the social justice conversations happening in the US: "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King, Jr.
India TNT333
Lancer
ESO: TNT333

Post by TNT333 »

Gotta say, I deeply respect Mitoe out of all the pro players since he doesnt flame or act toxic as far as I know, and is pretty chill as a guy and willing to share his knowledge. That being said, keep up what u do man!! Appreciate it. And sorry for that lame joke I made haha about the toe thing xD
"We are kings or pawns" Napoleon Bonaparte
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

theres times where u find ueself less interested in the game, or simply dont have time to play it. but myself for example i still come check the forums once a day atleast to make sure im on track.
this community is so much better than alot of people make it look. infact i think theres banters and trolls just for that reason. u act nice to strangers and troll around with friends. because were such a small group it feels much more like family and friends.
imo this community is great for a few exceptions. love u people
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Welcome back @Mitoe