German Deck: pro advise?

Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

jerom wrote:
venox wrote:[img]http://s28.postimg.org/4yze2x35p/yolotrollo.png[/img]
All cav ups (3), the most important eco ups (3), all settler wagons and the factories, wood crates and a bunch of army shipments. Imo a well round deck but many have the 13 j?gers and 9 blackriders because instead of the 3 free uhlans they get 3 extra j?gers and 2 extra blackriders and in theory spending a shipment and 1000 coin will last you longer (coin wise) than training units with said coin. 1000 coin couldve been 15 skirmishers + 1k coin or nearly 7 warwagons + 1k coin, but I like the eco ups because the later the game goes the rarer cards become and then you want to get the most out of it and not a silly army shipment. Also blackriders and warwagons have really different mechanics and only 9 br as anti cav wont be enough for long.

You also want to build 2 additional tcs for map control at one point.
Im running basically the same deck. Not sure if 5 uhlans is good.. its basically a 3 uhlan shipment, which is even worse than 3 hussars.
5 uhlans arent "worth" a lot in terms of resources, but they still have a practical value and are already trained. Sometimes you need the extra units to tip the battle in your favour or catch your enemy with too little anti cav where you can quickly overwhelm his anti cav and 5 uhlans will do the rest. Same goes for 8 uhlans: to be able to get out 5 uhlans from the stables and pop uhlans and thus overwhelm your opponent cant ge grasped in resource value but in strategic value. "well this means the enemy made a mistake and went in too far" well you are the one who has to capitalise on the mistake and if not it isnt really a mistake by your enemy.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

5 uhlans are only good for a surprise, but that's very rare. Most often not worth it at all. Age 2 cav upgrades for 1v1, well i guess they can be useful one time out of 100 maybe, not worth 2 cards imo.

@venox 1k coin is very useful for german, in case you just ran out of mine for example, it might give you the edge. It's overall a good shipment anyway, worth many VS. It can also be useful for mercs, btw you should maybe add them : brs are the only goon type unit available for germans, and jaegers are better than imperial skirms after all. And anyway, german mercs are better, because you trade 3 uhlans for 3 jaegers or 3 uhlans for 2 br, which is really a very good deal.

@Yurashic 600 wood can be very useful if you are forced in colonial for some time, or even for a bow/pike rush. 700 food just sucks. Also 6 SW in age 4 is a good card
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

tank wrote:If you have map control and he is walling up and shipping land grab/adv market, you should be able to outboom him with better cards + real res + trade posts for more shipments. you could also wall outside his base if he doesn''t want to leave.

Keep in mind the unit shipments are only useful if you fight soon after sending them, and they won''t have value if you sit on your army.

Factories can also be put on coin.

You also seem to think it is normal to lose many plantations in a game, which is probably because you are playing at a disadvantage the whole game and waiting for a full economy before doing anything (in current terms this is like 30 min timing). Most people will aim for quicker timings which is why unit/crate shipments are useful.

If you share a rec we can also provide better advise on how to do the same thing better. I am also a fan of doing non-meta builds
How would I send a recording? that''d be cool. I record all my games (by OBS not by AOE3 recording so the file is too large for attachment...)

Very interesting what ''yall are saying. and gg Gibson by the way :D. I had fun. Yah My main issue was idle villagers and not building WWs to counter calv/cannon attack. I wasn''t particularly prepared mentally for battle, was just looking at my decks that minute lols. I''l definitly take you on another time xD

I''m gonna experiment with what all you have said. I havn''t invested anything much into my rank so I can take the losses for experiments.

I like seeing your decks, that gives me good insight.
No Flag _tank
Musketeer
ESO: _tank

Post by _tank »

if you record it with OBS you can upload it to youtube or you could stream to twitch with OBS and save recordings there.

I think it is easiest to enable "record game" in-game though
-professional teamgame player
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

Yah I don't have the internet capacity for that right now. once fall term starts for college I'll have perfect internet spd. I am hardly able to play aoe3 in general and some people get pissy xD

But I did play that game against gibson who beat me which was recorded by the game I can give you. I definitely didn't have my act together but it'll show you what I can do. (gahh I should have been more agressive). That battle convinced me about some cards worth from the germans.

[attachment id="1670"]

really is that it? it's only 1/2 a megabyte? hope it works for yall.

factories... I am convinced... I'll show yall a new deck here in a minute!
Attachments
[RE SP] lionsden[GE] vs Nickiru[GE] - Yellow River.age3yrec
(549.92 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Yellow River
Yellow River
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 26 minutes
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

[attachment id="1671"]

i am a bit clingy with land grab, i may perhaps give up advcd market due to having faactories (with the second factory replacing the market card)
Attachments

[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

You need two factories. Kick out Adv. Market.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Since I'm the other person in that rec I just want to say that I don't play Germany in 1x1 so don't take that game as representative of my overall skill set. I played very poorly in terms of macro and protecting my vils lol and had some awful micro to.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

And why to hell would you name your explorer Nickiri Redivuc ?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Just ask marco he is expert
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

marco he is expert?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

he is the best atm
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

nickiru wrote:
i am a bit clingy with land grab, i may perhaps give up advcd market due to having faactories (with the second factory replacing the market card)
Why is your homecity lvl150 btw?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

wuangaga wrote:
nickiru wrote:i am a bit clingy with land grab, i may perhaps give up advcd market due to having faactories (with the second factory replacing the market card)
Why is your homecity lvl150 btw?
Looks like he plays on gr
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag _tank
Musketeer
ESO: _tank

Post by _tank »

nickiru wrote:Yah I don''t have the internet capacity for that right now. once fall term starts for college I''ll have perfect internet spd. I am hardly able to play aoe3 in general and some people get pissy xD

But I did play that game against gibson who beat me which was recorded by the game I can give you. I definitely didn''t have my act together but it''ll show you what I can do. (gahh I should have been more agressive). That battle convinced me about some cards worth from the germans.

really is that it? it''s only 1/2 a megabyte? hope it works for yall.

factories... I am convinced... I''ll show yall a new deck here in a minute!

I''ll limit my feedback to your build order.
I like the 2 sw 3 sw start. The TP start is probably strong as well (I''m out of touch with the TP meta myself)
You should be able to get all 3 eco market upgrades while aging, or at least the upgrades for the resources you plan to gather most
You can also grab a second tp while aging, like your opponent did (on this map there are 6 trade posts! wow!).
You should really work on balancing vills on only the resources you need right now. You had so much floating coin... this could have been spent on the age 2 market upgrades much sooner
I don''t like that you shipped 8 bows but didn''t do much with them. If you just want to boost your army but you don''t need it ASAP, crates/vills are better to send as they can also be invested in eco (trade posts, houses, market upgrades).
With better planning the house shipment could be replaced with 700w. It might be harder to balance your eco early on like this but it is stronger for reasons listed above
I was skeptical about the church but the spies seemed to work out for you. The raids should have won you this game because you were so far ahead
You might know this already, but the last 3 shipments I saw were what lost you this game I think. Your opponent gets to ship 2 factories in age 4 and you match it with germantown farmers (you have no mills, send this later on) advanced market (just gather the right resources to begin with or send 1k wood/coin crate) and 5 uhlan shipment (in age 4, you had basically already lost but factory would be more useful if you can save it).

edit: I forgot all about eco theory, it is really a good card to have
-professional teamgame player
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

kingofosmane wrote:Just ask marco he is expert

you are kinda obsessed with me. Why? If you don''t like me just don''t talk about me no? It''s too hard for you, understand it? :(
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

yemshi wrote:marco he is expert?

don''t you understand he''s taking fun of me? Depends what you require from an expert, I can say I do not play so much German so I can''t be an expert at all. I could help you with fre /jap/brits mostly :)
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

venox wrote:[img]http://s28.postimg.org/4yze2x35p/yolotrollo.png[/img]
All cav ups (3), the most important eco ups (3), all settler wagons and the factories, wood crates and a bunch of army shipments. Imo a well round deck but many have the 13 j?gers and 9 blackriders because instead of the 3 free uhlans they get 3 extra j?gers and 2 extra blackriders and in theory spending a shipment and 1000 coin will last you longer (coin wise) than training units with said coin. 1000 coin could''ve been 15 skirmishers + 1k coin or nearly 7 warwagons + 1k coin, but I like the eco ups because the later the game goes the rarer cards become and then you want to get the most out of it and not a silly army shipment. Also blackriders and warwagons have really different mechanics and only 9 br as anti cav won''t be enough for long.

You also want to build 2 additional tcs for map control at one point.?

Cut 5 Doppler or 3 ww for black riders and cut 5 Ulsan for an age 2 Eco card.

Consider cutting the other card (doppel or ww ) for 1lk coin too
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

tank wrote:
nickiru wrote:Yah I dont have the internet capacity for that right now. once fall term starts for college Ill have perfect internet spd. I am hardly able to play aoe3 in general and some people get pissy xD

But I did play that game against gibson who beat me which was recorded by the game I can give you. I definitely didnt have my act together but itll show you what I can do. (gahh I should have been more agressive). That battle convinced me about some cards worth from the germans.

really is that it? its only 1/2 a megabyte? hope it works for yall.

factories... I am convinced... Ill show yall a new deck here in a minute!
Ill limit my feedback to your build order.
I like the 2 sw 3 sw start. The TP start is probably strong as well (Im out of touch with the TP meta myself)
You should be able to get all 3 eco market upgrades while aging, or at least the upgrades for the resources you plan to gather most
You can also grab a second tp while aging, like your opponent did (on this map there are 6 trade posts! wow!).
You should really work on balancing vills on only the resources you need right now. You had so much floating coin... this could have been spent on the age 2 market upgrades much sooner
I dont like that you shipped 8 bows but didnt do much with them. If you just want to boost your army but you dont need it ASAP, crates/vills are better to send as they can also be invested in eco (trade posts, houses, market upgrades).
With better planning the house shipment could be replaced with 700w. It might be harder to balance your eco early on like this but it is stronger for reasons listed above
I was skeptical about the church but the spies seemed to work out for you. The raids should have won you this game because you were so far ahead
You might know this already, but the last 3 shipments I saw were what lost you this game I think. Your opponent gets to ship 2 factories in age 4 and you match it with germantown farmers (you have no mills, send this later on) advanced market (just gather the right resources to begin with or send 1k wood/coin crate) and 5 uhlan shipment (in age 4, you had basically already lost but factory would be more useful if you can save it).

edit: I forgot all about eco theory, it is really a good card to have
holy crap THNX! that was detailed. I definitely agree I should use different cards. If I did I would have won that game. (after watching it I should have attacked anyways after slaughtering his villagers... need to be more aggressive)

Yah I like spies. Very powerful in my opinion. I am sold on factories by the way. they are good. Im gonna do some serious testing. Thanks for your info everyone that was informative!! (much nicer community here than most other games communities) xD
No Flag nickiru
Skirmisher

Post by nickiru »

gibson wrote:Since I''m the other person in that rec I just want to say that I don''t play Germany in 1x1 so don''t take that game as representative of my overall skill set. I played very poorly in terms of macro and protecting my vils lol and had some awful micro to.
oh yah, we were both shit

i mean... yah that''s why I want to replay you sometime. That was just an awkward battle and misrepresented us both.