EP9: AZTEC

Discussions for the last iteration of EP.
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Re: EP9: AZTEC

Post by Zeke »

dansil92 wrote:
Zeke wrote:Keep smoking mirror the same while it also adds HI tag to the war chief
Because of course azzy needs a 5th unit hard countered by skirms
I think azzy WC is fine now, with the healing dance nerf, maybe just keep smoking mirror as it is now
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

i would like to give a bit of feedback on the warchief/ smoking mirror nerf:

if the speed and cover mode are nerfed, it is gonna be necessary to revert the heal dance. all 3 together is just a complete and utter nerf of basically all azzy games that go past 20 minutes, and destroys the FI even more than its already abysmal current state.

the high priest card is just a better card in discovery age anyway.

a potential option if it is decided to triple nerf (cover/speed/heal dance) the chief permanently, smoking mirror should at the very least significantly buff either attack, hitpoints or ranged armour, any of which would ok too.

and I once again maintain the Shaman ageup should grant a travois and a warrior priest
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

The start crate was the problem. Aztec has actually 7 villagers at the beginning; they still have 4 food and 3 wood crates. That's unfair.
6 coyote is proper imo (5 coyote 550 res is just dumb); mace seems to be a bit overpowered in age 2. Nerfing them to 7 attack (may give them some other buffs) should work.

Another interesting idea is about WP number: what about giving them a limit for 5/10/15/20 in age 2/3/4/5? Their early boom is less scary (but 5 WP is still a significant boost); their late game strength improved a lot.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Eh. I'd rather have 7 vils over 5 vils + 1 warrior priest any day. The 2 vils can be toggled to any resource, they don't just have to dance for xp. Also they don't require a 100w building (which is why aztec has more wood crates anyway). Can't count like that really
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Eh. I'd rather have 7 vils over 5 vils + 1 warrior priest any day. The 2 vils can be toggled to any resource, they don't just have to dance for xp. Also they don't require a 100w building (which is why aztec has more wood crates anyway). Can't count like that really
Well, 1 fire pit + 1 WP = 1 TP here. so Aztec have 5 vills and a START TP (that's always dangerous, considering how lame RE Otto and Iroq are), and still have 4 food 2 wood crates. That's obviously too many.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

They also get an outpost+stable+rax all in a single building. Azzy has some very strong aspects made up for by their lack of a musk unit, squishy cav, awkward transition to fortress, pop inefficient mace (good yes, but since coyo and puma are just dumped on so hard by musks this is actually really important for mace to be good, you nerf mace and you nerf coyo and puma indirectly too). Azzy has been low-to-bottom tier with all this for ages now, only with the two warhut poli (disastrous) and awkward map pool on epl have they ever actually seemed strong
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

The firepit is not equal to a TP it is actually less than 1xp/sec (TP is 1.25 xp/sec on average).
As for where Aztecs stand in the civ list it's not even that low. There simply aren't good Aztec players and the civ is overall harder to play so none bothers focusing on it.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Smoking mirror change will be cancelled. Thanks for the feedback.
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor

Post by dansil92 »

I had one potential idea to balance out the chief a bit. What if the infantry tag was removed and replaced with the "abstractLightInfantry" ? Then he would behave more like a coyote runner and lose to musks and pikes, etc. This would not change his effectiveness vs skirms (skirms have penalty against coyoteman tag, not skirm) with the exception of abus guns of course, would Increase his anti-artillery power, but give a melee hard counter. Thoughts?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Nah, it's ok. I'm buffing spies as a counter to him instead :uglylol:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Mitoe wrote:Nah, it's ok. I'm buffing spies as a counter to him instead :uglylol:
+1
From a design perspective, buffing a counter unit is better than a nerfing a unit to the ground.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

From a design perspective, you shouldn't be able to spam an unkillable unit brainlessly and essentially for free while your opponent has to micro all the time
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Thing is the war chief mechanic compensates for being outmicroed super hard by any other unit (skirm with longer range, cav with more speed, etc.).
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well now maces can get 18 range and have more speed, while carded coyos are faster than huss. So I don't think it's that big a problem anymore.
Also either way the warchief lame is an extremely unhealthy mechanic. If aztecs get kited too much, surely there are better ways to fix the civ
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

lol yeah wc is op/lame
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

Instead of boosting the range resist on Coyote Combat (I think that's a bit much for a colonial age card with the new changes), why don't we alter skirmisher/archer damage bonuses for Coyote Runners and other Light Infantry instead? In RE, it's a 0.75x damage bonus vs units with the CoyoteMan tag. I've gone ahead and added in a secondary 0.75x damage bonus to AbstractLightInfantry (as Dansil suggested), so that skirmishers/archers have an overall 0.56x damage multiplier versus Coyote Runners (and other units with Coyoteman tags). This also fixes the problem of Eagle Runner Knights taking double damage from skirms as opposed to 1.5x like other dragoon units.

In my changes, musketeers still counter coyote runners, but it's harder for skirmishers to overwhelm them. Testing 50 Coyote Runners against 50 Gurkha, on RE, I lost 15 Coyotes, whereas I lost only 9 with this damage bonus change.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Did the aztec wall dance get nerfed on ep? It's so fucking dumb
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

rsy wrote:Did the aztec wall dance get nerfed on ep? It's so fucking dumb
Did you lose to @Black_Duck by any chance?
Germany richard
Dragoon

Post by richard »

Walls are too cheap. You need like 1000 res worth of units hammering on it for like 1 minute to get a piece of wall down which costs 5 wood. If your opponent can kill one of your units during this process you got a deficit. So it is better not to siege walls. Therefore, walls remove interaction between players.
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon
ESO: Tom
Clan: DUKC

Post by Black_Duck »

Its beautiful
Attachments
[EP9 SP] Black_Duck[AZ] vs Passi_Der_Große[DU] - ESOC Herald Island.age3yrec
(467.67 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
ESOC Herald Island
ESOC Herald Island
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 9
Length: 33 minutes
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

ego post
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

chris1089 wrote:ego post
Obviously, Ive been waiting for the perfect opportunity to get this bad boy out for weeks
Challenged_Macro wrote: Respect Mussolini guys,if hes triggered there is always a reason.
Mussolini wrote: I hope corona gets you, your family and all your fuckin relatives as you fuckin deserve it for being cocky
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Black_Duck wrote:
Its beautiful
30 minute game :O gotta cast this one !
Great Britain Black_Duck
Dragoon

Post by Black_Duck »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
Black_Duck wrote:
Its beautiful
Just imagine the Passi rage as you go through it
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Black_Duck wrote:
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Just imagine the Passi rage as you go through it
Let me sumarize:

- doesnt train a vill for a minute on age up to 2nd age
- full greedy slow 5 bank ff into straight FI with church card