AOE3:DE Giveaway

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Re: AOE3:DE Giveaway

Post by Snow Lynx »

harcha wrote:itt: ppl spamming their "thanks" while not even participating in the giveaway. rude af ngl

Also thanks to everyone who keeps posting interesting stuffs on the forum and supporting the development of my involuntary habit to check the forum for new posts. Also I've already preordered, I think that goes for most of the ppl you'll find on this forum.
Complains about people thanking and not participating in the giveaway. Proceeds to also spam thanks and not participate in the giveaway XD
How do you write a signature?
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

aaryngend wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote: (Also as a PhD student I'm super rich so don't include me in the competition. Just wanted to collaborate to the general wholesomeness and positivity of ESO !)
That's unusual. Aren't PhD students usually paid the minimum salary ?
I think he was being sarcastic :P
The second part is definitely serious (him not wanting/needing the key).
Honestly in France it's fine. I have a full PhD scholarship and they are regulated by the law and well over the minimum salary. Some PhD students don't have a scholarship and they have a hard time since they have to do a side job. Also a PhD scholarship is obviously not much compared to the kind of salaries I could get in the private sector but I'm single, I do the job I like, I can buy anything I want and I barely spend two third of my wages so yeah, I'm rich.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote: Honestly in France it's fine. I have a full PhD scholarship and they are regulated by the law and well over the minimum salary. Some PhD students don't have a scholarship and they have a hard time since they have to do a side job. Also a PhD scholarship is obviously not much compared to the kind of salaries I could get in the private sector but I'm single, I do the job I like, I can buy anything I want and I barely spend two third of my wages so yeah, I'm rich.
Its about your life style more than be rich with a PhD (which depend of a lot of parameters but on my field your are not riche at all in term of € ^^ ).
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:Honestly in France it's fine. I have a full PhD scholarship and they are regulated by the law and well over the minimum salary. Some PhD students don't have a scholarship and they have a hard time since they have to do a side job. Also a PhD scholarship is obviously not much compared to the kind of salaries I could get in the private sector but I'm single, I do the job I like, I can buy anything I want and I barely spend two third of my wages so yeah, I'm rich.
That's an enjoyable and comfortable way to live with those scholarship bucks (seeing as many other PhD students without scholarships are just on a slightly higher level than your average cleaner) but I define rich as something completely different.
Even someone who earns more than 10k per month after taxes is not someone I would consider rich.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

aaryngend wrote:Even someone who earns more than 10k per month after taxes is not someone I would consider rich.
Depend of your currency, 10k yuan is not a lot but 10k € is in 1% of the population.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

chronique wrote:
aaryngend wrote:Even someone who earns more than 10k per month after taxes is not someone I would consider rich.
Depend of your currency, 10k yuan is not a lot but 10k € is in 1% of the population.
Talking about € here ^_^
*points at his european union flag*
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

The EU isn't a country.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

My positive thing to say is that getting to meet and hang out with so many people in this community was a very memorable and great experience.

I have not pre-ordered the game and I want that free copy
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Riotcoke wrote:The EU isn't a country.
Oh shit, the world gonna go down now!!!
Spain pain train is real
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Riotcoke wrote:The EU isn't a country.
But most EU countries share the same currency :ship:
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote: but I'm single
:cry:
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

blackout wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote: but I'm single
:cry:

I have a PhD advisor, that's better than a girlfriend.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

aaryngend wrote:
chronique wrote:
Talking about € here ^_^
10k euro a month seems like a lot, if I made that much I would consider myself to be wealthy.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

10k euro is really nice but tough to gain as a standart citizen, sadly.
Spain pain train is real
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

gibson wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Talking about € here ^_^
10k euro a month seems like a lot, if I made that much I would consider myself to be wealthy.
Wealthy is a good word, that's what it is, Hussard used the word rich, which I associate with a completely different ballpark. Semantics I guess.

Btw is there a reason this Giveaway goes on till the 12th of October? Why not sooner :?:
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

aaryngend wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Wealthy is a good word, that's what it is, Hussard used the word rich, which I associate with a completely different ballpark. Semantics I guess.

Btw is there a reason this Giveaway goes on till the 12th of October? Why not sooner :?:
@aaryngend , how much do you earn, if u want to share of course.
Spain pain train is real
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aaryngend wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Curious as to what you consider rich? With 6 figures after tax you'll be a multi-millionaire within a few years.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

aaryngend wrote:Btw is there a reason this Giveaway goes on till the 12th of October? Why not sooner :?:
I wanted to give people time to see the post and respond. October 12th seemed like a good time since the game comes out the 15th.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Colombia King_Felipe
Crossbow
ESO: King_Pipe

Post by King_Felipe »

I´m kinda new in this community. Actually this is my first post. However I´ve been following the tournaments and reading some threads and it´s just great that there's a place to talk about the game and strategies with other players, even the top ones.
I havent´t preordered the gaem and would like to get it.
And I´ll try to be a more active member of the community :)
Bulgaria Tsar
Crossbow
GameRanger ID: 2879147

Post by Tsar »

I like Aizamk, because he plays a lot of non-standard builds and his games seem a bit longer then the average.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Rohbrot wrote:@aaryngend , how much do you gain if u want to share of course.
I think you mean how much I earn.
What I make is closer to the 10k than to let's say 3-4k. I live in an expensive area so that boosts the median and average numbers.
Goodspeed wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Curious as to what you consider rich? With 6 figures after tax you'll be a multi-millionaire within a few years.
Only if you live frugally and it would be a bit more than just a few years.
What I consider rich.. hmm.. maybe the chief physician that sold his deceased father's house to my aunt? Guy had an expensive 20k+ € worth wardrobe in his home that he gave my aunt for free. I mean.. someone who gives away something so precious without a second thought is definitely rich and not dependent on "small bucks" like 20k.
I expect him to make easily 300k € per year (before taxes though).
Another example would be one of my ex-uni aquaintances.. comp sci guy, founded one business, then another.. and boom.. he was a multi-millionaire by age 27. He donated close to half a million € out of his own pocket to our uni :uglylol:
He was heartbroken that he didn't stay longer with us so he wanted to give back to the faculty which skyrocketed him to his fortune.
Needless to say he was chinese.. dem asian geniuses.

Maybe I am exaggerating a bit.. but I use the word "rich" very sparingly.
Germany artour_babaev
Crossbow

Post by artour_babaev »

Just glad that ESOC keeps this game alive. Also thanks for doing the giveaway because as a student during these times, or helps a lot
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I would accept my nomination if it were for the gamemode i play not for my dashing good looks
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

I’m thankful to ESOC and all its contributors. It is awesome that we have regular tournaments with good caster and great UI. The website eso-community.net looks fabulous and works really well. The community writes strategy guides and helps new players. There are plenty of positive things to say about this community and everyone who puts in their free time to make it better.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Here's the list so far:

@Kanoo
@deleted_user5
@Ungurs
@Makrokosmos12
@richard
@sergyou
@Challenger_Marco
@-Darkryder-
@ROCK
@HUMMAN
@chris1089
@TNT333
@aligator92
@Lurker
@fightinfrenchman
@King_Felipe
@Tsar
@artour_babaev
@martinspjuth

If you don't see your name in here, please let me know. Also, if your name is on this list and you already preordered or have changed your mind, let me know. I'm going to randomly choose someone sooner than the 12th. If I am unable to get in contact with the winner by the 12th, then I will randomly choose a different person.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html