Inca build orders

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Inca build orders

Post by _H2O »

Any build orders emerging? I think this would be a cool discussion to have.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Inca build orders

Post by deleted_user »

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah, I think the civ should be played around 2 strats.

For a defensive playstyle, you should make 2 houses asap and chop for the 3rd house, this is the best way, TP start is proven to be useless as it's also 250wood investment for inca and the civ doesn't have effective age1 shipments, also your age up food will come from the lamas, you should eat them as soon as they arrive, the bo should be: 2 lamas shipment, town center shipment, 700wood, food gathering bonus shipment for houses then you could possibly add unit shipments to stay age2 or age up with 700coin. For the age up politician, I would recommend 2 warhuts over 2vill and lamas politician.

For a rush style, age1 macro is the same, you will still prefer shipping 2 lamas, age up for 2 warhuts and then just ship units and mass those runner units and jungle bowman, inca also has strong pikemens which you can call them just for 600food from big button, that might have a good potential aswell.

On water, inca sea boom is looking good but not better than the land boom, and also It's not ideal to have late game with Inca as the civ is almost unplayable in late game because of lacking strong units and anti artillery.

Inca is currently feeling to be quite weak since they got nerfed compared to old beta, so that Inca most likely won't be as popular as Sweden, they lack anti artillery, one of the worst early game economy and so on. I hope they will be fixed soon.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Swedes are also nerfed compared to last beta
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I dont think 2 wh from the 2 age up travois is good, you barely have the res to produce decent batches from 1 wh if you dont wanna go all in.
I think wh+tp is better. You can then send 600w for the route and stagecoach to contain, follow up with 4 llamas for a food boost, unit shipments for a timing or more wood shipments+the house card for an even bigger boom.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

when you are rushing, it makes more sense to send other travois to build a tp, but when you are defending, it's essential to use both travois as warhut, also inca doesn't benefit from TPs as they don't have decent shipments at all in age1. I think house boom is defenitely better, with the upgrade it gives 1f/sec and when you have 13 of them it's basicly you have 2 factories in age2 with no iddle time and safe, I don't see how tp boom is becoming a better alternate over it, tp boom as inca feels like tp booming as japan instead of shrine boom which wouldn't be preferable in first place imo.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

Lukas_L99 wrote:I dont think 2 wh from the 2 age up travois is good, you barely have the res to produce decent batches from 1 wh if you dont wanna go all in.
I think wh+tp is better. You can then send 600w for the route and stagecoach to contain, follow up with 4 llamas for a food boost, unit shipments for a timing or more wood shipments+the house card for an even bigger boom.
what do you think of the 3 TP card with Inca? technically ends up being 750w worth of res for them
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

The problem is that everything takes forever to pay off, regardless of the order of your shipments.

Kynesie just played an Inca game vs a complete noob (1h ago) and his BO was that he didnt send shipment in age 1, had 6 houses when he aged to age 2 (almost 5 minutes, 13 vills, 2 travois up) and built wahrhut + farm. Then the food card for the houses and spam houses, next card 250c TC+warhut. Then 700c and age-up.

Now compare that to the sweden torp boom like minimoult was playing it all the time. By the time kynesie is in age 3, there would be 2 falcs and 30 caroleans waiting to shred the entire base. And 10 more caroleans every 30 seconds. Unwinnable by turtling.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Cometk wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:I dont think 2 wh from the 2 age up travois is good, you barely have the res to produce decent batches from 1 wh if you dont wanna go all in.
what do you think of the 3 TP card with Inca? technically ends up being 750w worth of res for them
Maybe its good, didn’t test it yet. But yeah, technically house booming should be more useful for incas actually. House boom into 2 tcs (or 3 if you wanna age) seems good. But until now I almost only tested aggressive ways to play incas.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I stand by my initial impression which is that the best way to play Inca is to lame buildings to age IV and then go full speed stealth units into opponent base, and ship skull knights to trainable scouts.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Don't do what nagaumi did vs me, fast age ship 5 bows to the scout and then just die to tc fire and have zero eco.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

I just got rushed by an Inca, seemed kinda hard to hold as Japan. In the 9min mark he doubled his miltiary unit population in 10 seconds.... from 18 to 36.. lame
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

aaryngend wrote:I just got rushed by an Inca, seemed kinda hard to hold as Japan. In the 9min mark he doubled his miltiary unit population in 10 seconds.... from 18 to 36.. lame
To be fair 36 military population at 9 min is nothing to be afraid of haha. It could also be a 10 unit batch in his double warhut + a unit shipment or a big button.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
aaryngend wrote:I just got rushed by an Inca, seemed kinda hard to hold as Japan. In the 9min mark he doubled his miltiary unit population in 10 seconds.... from 18 to 36.. lame
To be fair 36 military population at 9 min is nothing to be afraid of haha. It could also be a 10 unit batch in his double warhut + a unit shipment or a big button.
I know, but we fought before that and lost quite some units, and then he randomly pops out so many units again, my heart shrank when I saw military graph..
Doesn't help that I didn't look at the Inca much yet so I don't know what they can do and have. I know much more about the Swedes :flowers:
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Something I was trying out on the beta was basically a double rax xbow pike timing, seems the most reasonable of their aggro (or defensive age 2) options.

BO is chop for an extra house age 1, ship 2 llamas and age with 12 vills (possible with no idle and no treas if your macro is good, ie getting all 3 houses down asap). Age with 2 WH.
In transition eat your other fat llama with 2 vills and chop for 3 houses with the remaining vills. Maybe eat your skinny llama as well.
Ship 600w, building 3 more houses. Vills all to food at this point.
When you get your 2nd age 2 shipment, which is nearly b2b after slamming houses, you can ship units (pikes or bows), train double batches at your warhuts, and use the pike BB to get 21/22 pop of military out in one go. You can also start with a batch of units instead of popping everything at once, but that's just not as cool looking.
The reason this works is because you have leftover food from fat llamas and Inca age 2 units are very food-heavy, meaning you can use the extra llama food that would otherwise be idle to pump units for a short duration.

Things that might be worth working in: building a plaza and having your skinny llama walk around might be worth delaying a house in transition if it makes the age 2 shipments closer. I haven't tested exactly how much XP a llama generates so not sure if this is useful or not.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Canada klonko
Skirmisher
ESO: klonko

Post by klonko »

Anyone tried sending 300 woods in age 1 for more passive/boom oriented gameplay? You can do 3 houses age1 and about 6-7 houses in transition while chopping and the 300 wood.

For follow up in age 2, probably 4 lamas to fuel the defense or 600 wood if scout nothing threatening? Does this make sense or it's too slow? I just came back a couple weeks before DE so I don't know the "meta" yet.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

Tried that approx- 5 times, the problem is that you are super slow to age. You dont have 800 food from llamas so you need to gather it in a normal way, the fastet you can click is like 3:25-3:30 and then again, you have only like 1 house more than with the 2 llama strategy. You can ofc use the fast-up but this also sucks pretty hard.
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

Build a TP instead of any house. 2 llamas - 2 travois aging up, and 2 TPs with these. Go stagecoach. send 600w to build one or two WH, meanwhile press the big button if raided. Send 4 llamas to mass. Set TP to coin, and send 500c-Chaquis card to permanently annoy your opponent by running across the whole map in stealth without any danger. enjoy i guess.
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

The Chaquis Card is actually quite funny.
But the rest is just so fucking slow and lets your opponent move to fortress easily and then you can have 20 stagecoach TPs and still lose thanks to your trash units.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Speaking as an Inca noob, how do Incas deal with musk cannon pushes effectively?
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

You follow them up to fortress, mass Chimu Runner, then ship 8 lancers and hope for the best.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

These are not really build orders but possible suggestions to try.

age 1, send priestess for civs you know will send a forward vil to build. use priestess to convert vil as it is building. It takes a while, so they may catch it and run back, but could help deny the FB. If they send multiple vils though...

age 3, send explorer to the back of base in area unlikely to be scouted again by explorer. Send cloaking build card, make their fort and cloak it. use it to train units to raid with or garrison in buildings to hide your army before attacking.
Canada klonko
Skirmisher
ESO: klonko

Post by klonko »

rsy wrote:Speaking as an Inca noob, how do Incas deal with musk cannon pushes effectively?
Send 7 huaracas. One volley of 7 kill one cannon falconet. Same range as them too. Just make sure to hide them or have some bolas as decoy even tough they suck.
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

Huaracas have 20 range, less than a falconet.
Germany blasdg
Dragoon

Post by blasdg »

Just look at the stats of the Kallanka units:

Elite Huaraca, 2 Population
30w 90c
150 HP, Speed 4, 0.3 RR
40 Siege DMG, 3 ROF, 19 Range, x0.5 vs Cav/Shock Infantry, x0.25 vs Vills, x0.75 vs Artillery

How on earth is this a 2 pop unit? 150 HP? I mean COME ON, what is this bullshit? You can send 7 of them and they are classified as anti-artillery and anti-building, but lose to 2 falconets in a real fight with ANYTHING in front of the falcs. Oh and their building dms is a whopping 46 with a rate of fire of 4 (!). They REALLY REALLY SUCK! In age4 you can send a 2200 coin card that delivers 22 of those idiots and their maximum range is increased by 5 (also line of sight). WAOW, really helpful in age4!

Elite Bola Warrior, 2 Population
35f 65c
175 HP, Speed 4, 0.2 RR
18 DMG, 3.5 ROF, 12 Range, 2 Splash, x1.6 vs Shock Infantry, x1.5 vs Ranged Cav, x2 vs Cav

Again, how is this a 2 pop unit, just look at the stats. HP is pathetic, ROF is a joke, they deal almost 0 dmg and get kited to death by skirms. In age4 you can send a 2200 coin cars that delivers 22 of these suckers aaaaaaaaand their melee dmg gets increased. MELEE DMG!

Elite Maceman, 3 Population
150f, 150c
400 HP, Speed 4, 0.3 MR
45 DMG, 2 Range, 3 Splash, 2.25 ROF, x1.5 vs Cav, x1.3 vs Shock Infantry

Looks OKISH, but as every other similar unit (Samurai, Doppelsoldner) their weakness (skirms, anything with range) is very easy to be exploited.