DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Re: DE list of issues

Post by JulianK »

Also trainable settler wagons from germany dont have a hotkey in mills & mills dont have waypoints anymore causing a lot of annoying idle time
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

- Dutch vills cant build TC's after explorer has built a native TP, no building slot available for the TC icon
- victory message at the end of the artillery art of war is a string on numbers
- Pause hotkey doesnt seem to work as intended, moved pause to backspace and select groupg 7 to f7 but still pauses game when f7 is press
- select all building hotkeys just doesnt work
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

No more QS until the game is released. This game have some potentiel, hope they will fixe those bug before realise. When is the date??? i don't remember.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'm gonna start adding clips and screenshots next to each item of the list, provided I find some. If anyone has some, please do post them here
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Btw, this piece of crap of a game is partly the result of their PC obsession. They literally only cared about that, they just talked all the time about natives in interviews. When you open the fucking game the first time, there's even a popup about it lmao, as if it's all that mattered. Imagine how much energy they spent jerking off on that shit instead of actually developing the game...

I'd respect that they want historical accuracy, if only other aspects of the game were decent.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Kaiserklein wrote:Btw, this piece of crap of a game is partly the result of their PC obsession. They literally only cared about that, they just talked all the time about natives in interviews. When you open the fucking game the first time, there's even a popup about it lmao. Imagine how much energy they spent jerking off on that shit instead of actually developing the game...
How do you know this
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Btw, this piece of crap of a game is partly the result of their PC obsession. They literally only cared about that, they just talked all the time about natives in interviews. When you open the fucking game the first time, there's even a popup about it lmao. Imagine how much energy they spent jerking off on that shit instead of actually developing the game...
How do you know this
Just what I typed, they talked non stop about it, and theres that popup when you open the game. It's obvious they focused a ton on that topic?
While they didn't bother dealing with bugs that probably need 5 minutes to get fixed. Hey, instead of developing that popup, they could have made it so you can scroll down the fucking games browser?? Probably takes even less time
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Kaiserklein wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
How do you know this
Just what I typed, they talked non stop about it, and theres that popup when you open the game. It's obvious they focused a ton on that topic?
While they didn't bother dealing with bugs that probably need 5 minutes to get fixed. Hey, instead of developing that popup, they could have made it so you can scroll down the fucking games browser?? Probably takes even less time
I agree there's a ton of dumb bugs but I somehow doubt the person in charge of Native American represenation was responsible for the fact that you can't scroll or look at leaderboards. Again I ask anyone who was involved in the beta if they brought any of this stuff up
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

Kaiserklein wrote:I'm gonna start adding clips and screenshots next to each item of the list, provided I find some. If anyone has some, please do post them here

-When clicking on age up button the politician menu blocks the resources, at least on legacy UI:

- If a TC goes down while minutemen are being researched, they will keep researching and pop anyway.

-Can't scroll down when browsing games, as it keeps scrolling back up.

- Some maps (can't remember which, need a list) have an obscene amount of great treasures.

- Display players' civs and rating when loading the game, like on legacy. Suggested layout:

The deck builder is buggy: it doesn't add cards in the proper order, and it sometimes removes the card next to the one you clicked. (Colonial militia card in clip)

- No distinction between what you can't ship because you are housed, and what has already been shipped (both are greyed out, while the former used to be red on legacy).

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I agree there's a ton of dumb bugs but I somehow doubt the person in charge of Native American represenation was responsible for the fact that you can't scroll or look at leaderboards. Again I ask anyone who was involved in the beta if they brought any of this stuff up
I'm not saying it's directly linked. I'm saying it's just an indicator of how much they cared about PCness (among other things, like the 4k graphics), and how little they cared about the actual game.
And that's despite having a community that basically crafted a balance patch for them (less work for them)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I had so many bugs/issues playing today I can't even remember most of them. It was overwhelming tbh. Hoping to see the game breaking bugs being fixed in the next week at a bare minimum.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

yoqpasa wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I'm gonna start adding clips and screenshots next to each item of the list, provided I find some. If anyone has some, please do post them here

When clicking on age up button the politician menu blocks the resources, at least on legacy UI.

If you use the shitty aoe2 ui it doesnt, but who wants to do that
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

gibson wrote:I had so many bugs/issues playing today I can't even remember most of them. It was overwhelming tbh. Hoping to see the game breaking bugs being fixed in the next week at a bare minimum.
Should be fixed pretty quick, I mean the issue with being able to scroll through menus has only been around for the last 3 years
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The one where things donā€™t queue is massive. You canā€™t be too fast or you get punished.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

_H2O wrote:The one where things donā€™t queue is massive. You canā€™t be too fast or you get punished.
you can't look through the leaderboards it doesn't let you go to page 2
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i dont wanna sound negative but the game is just shit, just seems super super rushed with no thought to some balance changes, ui, more bugs than you can imagine , new mechanics like converting guardians being removed (aztec age 1 is horrible), so many trickle based buildings like cheap knock off of japs. Not to mention the lag issues and unit issues
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Hazza54321 wrote:i dont wanna sound negative but the game is just shit, just seems super super rushed with no thought to some balance changes, ui, more bugs than you can imagine , new mechanics like converting guardians being removed (aztec age 1 is horrible), so many trickle based buildings like cheap knock off of japs. Not to mention the lag issues and unit issues
you can't look through the leaderboards it doesn't let you go to page 2

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Straight up the worst game I've ever bought
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

i was ranked somewhat high on the leaderboard on page 2 but since it don't work i can't even get 15 min of fame

No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

The game crashed (during a game) twice to the home screen, for me, yesterday. Did anyone else face this issue?
thebritish wrote: ā†‘
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

is the settings saved on your account or on your computer? so do I need to redo it if i change comp?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Kaiserklein wrote:Btw, this piece of crap of a game is partly the result of their PC obsession. They literally only cared about that, they just talked all the time about natives in interviews. When you open the fucking game the first time, there's even a popup about it lmao, as if it's all that mattered. Imagine how much energy they spent jerking off on that shit instead of actually developing the game...

I'd respect that they want historical accuracy, if only other aspects of the game were decent.
That's why I complained so much on the forums tbh.
They probably hired 2 consultants for months to do that while they could have hired 2 extra developers or professional bug finders.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Btw, this piece of crap of a game is partly the result of their PC obsession. They literally only cared about that, they just talked all the time about natives in interviews. When you open the fucking game the first time, there's even a popup about it lmao, as if it's all that mattered. Imagine how much energy they spent jerking off on that shit instead of actually developing the game...

They probably hired 2 consultants for months to do that while they could have hired 2 extra developers or professional bug finders.
You don't need to pay "professional bug finders," they had a beta with a bunch of players. They chose not to fix the bugs
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Show hidden quotes
People who were in the beta are still under NDA so can't go into details.
I'll just say that some stuffs were brought up like 30 times (literally), but nothing was changed.
I reported the UI issues in 3 different betas for instance, same with at least 5 of the issues listed above.

And yes, they were extremely proud of their native changes, which is why they only talked about it in interviews (even before announcing the new civs), and they added a panel at the start of the game.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

You don't need to pay "professional bug finders," they had a beta with a bunch of players. They chose not to fix the bugs
Or these bugs were addressed but part of their budget went to native consultants instead of developers or professional playtesters.

To answer your specific question: yes, many of the bugs in the game were noticed and reported. Some may be harder than others to fix. Regarding balance, I think it was impossible to fully test all the balance changes in the time that we had.

The lobby change probably was overlooked due to the lack of games in betas.