User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
Posts: 11475
Location: USA

17 Oct 2020, 21:07

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
yurashic wrote:Try completing the "updated" Sioux campaign, I used the codes to pass through missions quickly to see the new cinematics. They changed the missions so that you fight against outlaws and not Sioux with lots of cringy dialogs like colonel Custer insulting natives for alcoholism. It's funny how they changed these things yet new "historical battles" mode missions have lots of nationality jokes like "les rostbifs", "mother Russia", "babushkas", "American fireworks" etc.
And yeah, "you abandon your colony"->"you abandon your town", "colonial age"->"commerce age", "plantation->estate".

Hard to say if it's a better game or not, to each his own, but this many bugs and complaints mean something.

@gibson Do you still argue that it's not political?
Some of the above mentioned things are a bit "SJWy" I dont think moving colony to town plantation to estate etc is "good", but since its not relevant to the game I dont really care.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17055
Location: Pennsylvania

17 Oct 2020, 21:32

Why are people complaining about "political" changes when the game is basically unusable? You literally can't look through games or the leaderboard.
User avatar
No Flag Squamiger
Lancer
Posts: 634
ESO: Squamiger

17 Oct 2020, 21:42

i think you people complaining about SJWs also might need to rethink your reasoning here as well. The AoE3 devs are not like, committed anarchists or something. They aren't trying to decolonize your mind or whatever. They made a calculated monetary decision, probably at the advice of a group of consultants, that scrubbing the game of some political problematic stuff is probably the best way to avoid the slight chance of a bad publicity scandal that could impact game sales.

w h o c a r e s

it's a computer game
the sax rider rides again
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 2512

17 Oct 2020, 21:45

Good_Goyim wrote:Cope harder. You wouldn't have gotten the clan tag anyway because the first thing I did when logging onto DE was try and take the one with the crosses while you were fumbling with your xbox live. So now I took the next best thing and here you are, crying on the forums.



Enjoy Jab.



when was I crying that another FFA clan was made.? In fact I said I was happy for it. That is a projection from you. We are xFFAx which is as close as it gets to +FFA+, we are FFA always fun.... you are the job cohen club, hardly sounds like a FFA clan. No matter what our name, we will have good people who like to play good games.


Move on dude...enjoy some good games. u think about us way too much.
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 2512

17 Oct 2020, 21:48

Now that I have played the game I do not understand why they got rid of the fire pit. I thought the idea is that they did not want to stereotype natives as magical or something. I was expecting a total civ rework. But the mechanics still function the same being magical from what looks like a market. In that case I think the dances are more fitting as many native Americans had sacred dances as part of their worship to nature and deities.
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Ninja
EPL Reigning ChampsDonator 03
Posts: 11177
ESO: PrinceofKabul
Location: Midwest best west

17 Oct 2020, 21:52

The correct take is that "being political" is not some weird inherent transgression -- and so you should really get into the weeds more if you want to discuss the always impossible job of doing any job to perfection.

You should really get into the weeds if you want to question whether the changes effectively accomplished what they wanted to accomplish, or else you have to argue why shining a little truer, a little softer light on history is such a bad thing that it seemingly comprises a majority of your daily dissatisfaction. And so the correct conclusion is actually why get into the weeds at all when there's nothing worthwhile to find in them anyways.
Hier bin i'.
No Flag Itzhak_Shekelbaum
Crossbow
Posts: 3
ESO: ItzhakShekelbaum

17 Oct 2020, 22:20

howlingwolfpaw wrote:when was I crying that another FFA clan was made.? In fact I said I was happy for it.


Well, you obviously would have taken the "FFA" clan tag for yourself, if you could have.
howlingwolfpaw wrote: That is a projection from you.


Epic straw man, bro. Whenever you run out of arguments or have your cognitive abilities challenged, you come up with a reply that involves "projection". It's really just on the level of "no, you!", but then again, I don't expect anything more sophisticated from you.
howlingwolfpaw wrote: We are xFFAx which is as close as it gets to +FFA+, we are FFA always fun....


Do you really think you're the head of some sort of epic, legendary community? You're a master sergeant who wants to "teach" the game to others and think of yourself as some sort of authority whereas in fact you're just a mediocre player.

howlingwolfpaw wrote:you are the job cohen club, hardly sounds like a FFA clan. No matter what our name, we will have good people who like to play good games.


Yeah, no. Most of the members in your clan are liars, sore losers and toxic idiots who will accuse better players of hacking left and right whilst not being above OOSing, point trading or buying smurfs account from that one chinese hackers who keeps offering them on ELO themselves. Your community is utter garbage.
howlingwolfpaw wrote:Move on dude...enjoy some good games. u think about us way too much.


You should go back to OG AoE3 and play with Jab or LordFacula and all the other moesbar hackers.
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
Posts: 2152
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

17 Oct 2020, 22:38

Shut up nerd
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP https://imgur.com/a/xYHZCpe
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 2512

17 Oct 2020, 23:15

Itzhak_Shekelbaum wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:when was I crying that another FFA clan was made.? In fact I said I was happy for it.


Well, you obviously would have taken the "FFA" clan tag for yourself, if you could have.

I might have, but that was not my back up name knowing someone like you might want to try to take a similar clan, just like you are possibly the one posing as me as howiingwolfpaw and using that account to cheat. Simply FFA was not my back up though. That was FFAM = FFA Master, or like a "Fam" family. But another mate made xFFAx FFA always fun, and decided I like that much better. So as far as clans go I am content and no matter what the name it is not about the name, it is about the people who are in it.



howlingwolfpaw wrote: That is a projection from you.


Epic straw man, bro. Whenever you run out of arguments or have your cognitive abilities challenged, you come up with a reply that involves "projection". It's really just on the level of "no, you!", but then again, I don't expect anything more sophisticated from you.

You do not know me or have any experience to say the things you do, so we all know it says a lot more about the people who say them than what is actually being said about.

howlingwolfpaw wrote: We are xFFAx which is as close as it gets to +FFA+, we are FFA always fun....


Do you really think you're the head of some sort of epic, legendary community? You're a master sergeant who wants to "teach" the game to others and think of yourself as some sort of authority whereas in fact you're just a mediocre player.

As far as AOE 3 goes, we are the largest and oldest clan, over 200 memebers, can I take credit for all of that? No. but it is an epic achievement. and am happy to have been apart of it. Rank in FFA means very little. If had devoted the thousands of games I have played in FFA to ranked games it would be much different. For a short time I tried competitive TR and got up to a Major. It ceased being fun at that point as was hard to find fair games. So I know a bit about the games. Why am I even explaining myself to you? I do not throw a tantrum and spam cheats when I lose.


howlingwolfpaw wrote:you are the job cohen club, hardly sounds like a FFA clan. No matter what our name, we will have good people who like to play good games.


Yeah, no. Most of the members in your clan are liars, sore losers and toxic idiots who will accuse better players of hacking left and right whilst not being above OOSing, point trading or buying smurfs account from that one chinese hackers who keeps offering them on ELO themselves. Your community is utter garbage.
howlingwolfpaw wrote:
There are many members I do not know well and have not even played games with, I can't speak for everyone but if someone is found cheating they are out. Talk about someone with many accounts... look at yourself. And how you have tried to infiltrate our clan many times with multiple accounts. If you just played like a cool person no one would even notice and would be part of the community. Your welcome to your opinions, but my experience has been quite different.


Move on dude...enjoy some good games. u think about us way too much.


You should go back to OG AoE3 and play with Jab or LordFacula and all the other moesbar hackers.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 9038
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

18 Oct 2020, 00:20

We need to give it a bit of time, and keep reporting bugs. I think there will be support and the game will improve, but it will take a few months. I just hope new players aren't going to give up meanwhile because of all the bugs, but surely our community can live with these bugs gor a while
breeze wrote:yeah facts are facts, and you are BAD.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Playing Aztec is a 10% handicap
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
Posts: 11475
Location: USA

18 Oct 2020, 01:15

Kaiserklein wrote:We need to give it a bit of time, and keep reporting bugs. I think there will be support and the game will improve, but it will take a few months. I just hope new players aren't going to give up meanwhile because of all the bugs, but surely our community can live with these bugs gor a while
The silver lining is most of the bugs dont really effect complete noobs and hopefully the fact that its completely terrible for competitive play won't make the better players quit( or at least hopefully they'll come back as things get fixed).
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Ninja
EPL Reigning ChampsDonator 03
Posts: 11177
ESO: PrinceofKabul
Location: Midwest best west

18 Oct 2020, 01:23

I can't press the find unit hotkey to find my unit. I can't click the ship shipment icon to ship my shipment. I can't click the build building icon to build my building. I can't see units in shadows but I can't turn shadows off because then I can't see units everywhere. I can't see units on the minimap because the layering is wrong. I can't get more than 20 fps in late game team from my $1200 rig.

There's massive playability bugs affecting the "competitive" scene. It usually doesn't bother me when I'm playing shitters but when the vitamins need to be consumed I sometimes think I'm actually playing worse because I'm playing faster.

I'm still enjoying myself because I'm playing with fun people and fun people make things fun and I recognize I'm just playing and not living (not forced to exist in the reality that is playing age of empires 3 at that moment (unless I am)) but when any one of the above happens even once the competitive integrity of the game is compromised and it makes me wanna do a gamer reeee.
Hier bin i'.
User avatar
Great Britain Riotcoke
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 3484
ESO: Riotcoke
Location: Dorsetshire
Clan: UwU

18 Oct 2020, 01:47

They just released it like a couple months too early, the game still feels like it's in beta.
hi im Riotcoke and i like 2 party
Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17055
Location: Pennsylvania

18 Oct 2020, 01:48

Riotcoke wrote:They just released it like a couple months too early, the game still feels like it's in beta.


If only there were people in the beta who could have secretly leaked to ESOC Leaks how shitty it was
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 2512

18 Oct 2020, 01:50

To me its not about the bugs and quirky balance issues those can be easily fixed. Most of that I am excited for and want to try to like the game. The major failures are the invisible/ micro sized UI that actually makes monitoring all your stats distracting because it blends into the back ground more, the multiplayer interface that lacks communication between friends, lack of profile avatars, seeing ELO in casual games and things that make the game personal. Those would have to be some big reworks. Also how poorly the game plays with lag, making it impossible to micro, everything I click on is delayed.,and on low settings the graphics are much worse than RE. RE is actually quite refined and beautiful and can easily distinguish units from others.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17055
Location: Pennsylvania

18 Oct 2020, 01:51

howlingwolfpaw wrote:To me its not about the bugs and quirky balance issues those can be easily fixed. Most of that I am excited for and want to try to like the game. The major failures are the invisible/ micro sized UI that actually makes monitoring all your stats distracting because it blends into the back ground more, the multiplayer interface that lacks communication between friends, lack of profile avatars, seeing ELO in casual games and things that make the game personal. Those would have to be some big reworks. Also how poorly the game plays with lag, making it impossible to micro, everything I click on is delayed.,and on low settings the graphics are much worse than RE. RE is actually quite refined and beautiful and can easily distinguish units from others.


I mean those are also problems but I think the bugs are still huge. If they could be fixed easily why weren't they fixed during the extremely long beta, and why didn't anyone participating in the beta bring them up
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17055
Location: Pennsylvania

18 Oct 2020, 01:52

It really blows me away that people are talking about civ names being changed or fire pits not being there when you can't SCROLL. Every website, app, program in the fucking world can SCROLL
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 2512

18 Oct 2020, 01:57

fightinfrenchman wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:To me its not about the bugs and quirky balance issues those can be easily fixed. Most of that I am excited for and want to try to like the game. The major failures are the invisible/ micro sized UI that actually makes monitoring all your stats distracting because it blends into the back ground more, the multiplayer interface that lacks communication between friends, lack of profile avatars, seeing ELO in casual games and things that make the game personal. Those would have to be some big reworks. Also how poorly the game plays with lag, making it impossible to micro, everything I click on is delayed.,and on low settings the graphics are much worse than RE. RE is actually quite refined and beautiful and can easily distinguish units from others.


I mean those are also problems but I think the bugs are still huge. If they could be fixed easily why weren't they fixed during the extremely long beta, and why didn't anyone participating in the beta bring them up



Good question! not really sure how all the programing works but seems like changing some lines of code is what it needs?
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 2512

18 Oct 2020, 01:58

fightinfrenchman wrote:It really blows me away that people are talking about civ names being changed or fire pits not being there when you can't SCROLL. Every website, app, program in the fucking world can SCROLL


do you mean in the game browser? yeah that's a bug or a setting, that how in the world did not get noticed as a problem for release.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04
Posts: 17055
Location: Pennsylvania

18 Oct 2020, 01:58

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:To me its not about the bugs and quirky balance issues those can be easily fixed. Most of that I am excited for and want to try to like the game. The major failures are the invisible/ micro sized UI that actually makes monitoring all your stats distracting because it blends into the back ground more, the multiplayer interface that lacks communication between friends, lack of profile avatars, seeing ELO in casual games and things that make the game personal. Those would have to be some big reworks. Also how poorly the game plays with lag, making it impossible to micro, everything I click on is delayed.,and on low settings the graphics are much worse than RE. RE is actually quite refined and beautiful and can easily distinguish units from others.


I mean those are also problems but I think the bugs are still huge. If they could be fixed easily why weren't they fixed during the extremely long beta, and why didn't anyone participating in the beta bring them up



Good question! not really sure how all the programing works but seems like changing some lines of code is what it needs?


If you're unable to make a list scrollable you shouldn't be allowed to be a programmer
User avatar
Chad Dolan
Gendarme
Posts: 6350
Location: 4th Roman empire but it's actually not an empire, it's a shopping centre, a train station and a club

18 Oct 2020, 02:54

I think what happened here was that the game was rushed, or more accuretely said, it took a lot more time to develop than they had projected it would, so eventually they hit crunch time.
Since they ran out of time while approaching the deadline, they made some compromises. Hence the lack of a proper multiplayer UI, buddy list, etc.

I'd venture to say that a lot of the effort went into rewriting that networking part, by making the game state synchronise on dedicated servers and sending that back to each player (clients <-> server), instead of the old peer-to-peer architecture.

Another time-consuming part of game development is replacing all the textures with new ones that scale better on bigger resolutions. There are thousands of textures in the game, it must have taken a lot of time and work to get a 4K version for each. And, based on what I've seen on streams, they must have been cutting corners a bit, because the results are not so impressive, buildings look more cartoonish now, with thick outlines. The reason why the original AOE3 took so much time to develop (~3 years, even though the engine had already been mostly borrowed from AOM) was because lots of those textures were hand-painted and scanned, as Ensemble devs wanted to avoid having a plasticky, artificial look on textures, they wanted textures to look painted. Ensemble probably had a bigger budget back then, coz it was the pre-2008 era of profligate spending in gamedev studios. This is more like a post-2008 crisis remake.
Image yeah..w-working on it, dad
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 2512

18 Oct 2020, 02:55

fightinfrenchman wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Show hidden quotes



Good question! not really sure how all the programing works but seems like changing some lines of code is what it needs?


If you're unable to make a list scrollable you shouldn't be allowed to be a programmer


We had a week of previews and I didn't really see too much of an issue of anything brought up then.
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger
Posts: 2512

18 Oct 2020, 02:59

Dolan wrote:I think what happened here was that the game was rushed, or more accuretely said, it took a lot more time to develop than they had projected it would, so eventually they hit crunch time.
Since they ran out of time while approaching the deadline, they made some compromises. Hence the lack of a proper multiplayer UI, buddy list, etc.

I'd venture to say that a lot of the effort went into rewriting that networking part, by making the game state synchronise on dedicated servers and sending that back to each player (clients <-> server), instead of the old peer-to-peer architecture.

Another time-consuming part of game development is replacing all the textures with new ones that scale better on bigger resolutions. There are thousands of textures in the game, it must have taken a lot of time and work to get a 4K version for each. And, based on what I've seen on streams, they must have been cutting corners a bit, because the results are not so impressive, buildings look more cartoonish now, with thick outlines. The reason why the original AOE3 took so much time to develop (~3 years, even though the engine had already been mostly borrowed from AOM) was because lots of those textures were hand-painted and scanned, as Ensemble devs wanted to avoid having a plasticky, artificial look on textures, they wanted textures to look painted. Ensemble probably had a bigger budget back then, coz it was the pre-2008 era of profligate spending in gamedev studios. This is more like a post-2008 crisis remake.


Yeah AOE is a work of art and the painted textures really work well.

I wonder how much AI goes into creating these textures. wasn't there a space exploration game that had like infinite worlds to visit because AI continually created them? because that does sound like an immense amount of work.
User avatar
No Flag Squamiger
Lancer
Posts: 634
ESO: Squamiger

18 Oct 2020, 03:44

Dolan wrote:I think what happened here was that the game was rushed, or more accuretely said, it took a lot more time to develop than they had projected it would, so eventually they hit crunch time.
Since they ran out of time while approaching the deadline, they made some compromises. Hence the lack of a proper multiplayer UI, buddy list, etc.

I'd venture to say that a lot of the effort went into rewriting that networking part, by making the game state synchronise on dedicated servers and sending that back to each player (clients <-> server), instead of the old peer-to-peer architecture.

Another time-consuming part of game development is replacing all the textures with new ones that scale better on bigger resolutions. There are thousands of textures in the game, it must have taken a lot of time and work to get a 4K version for each. And, based on what I've seen on streams, they must have been cutting corners a bit, because the results are not so impressive, buildings look more cartoonish now, with thick outlines. The reason why the original AOE3 took so much time to develop (~3 years, even though the engine had already been mostly borrowed from AOM) was because lots of those textures were hand-painted and scanned, as Ensemble devs wanted to avoid having a plasticky, artificial look on textures, they wanted textures to look painted. Ensemble probably had a bigger budget back then, coz it was the pre-2008 era of profligate spending in gamedev studios. This is more like a post-2008 crisis remake.


ngl its entertaining to me how gamers can fully recognize the way that contradictions in capitalism degrade and destroy art, creativity, and quality in video games in the name of profit, and then still be massive libertarians about literally everything else
the sax rider rides again
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 12183
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

18 Oct 2020, 06:33

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:It really blows me away that people are talking about civ names being changed or fire pits not being there when you can't SCROLL. Every website, app, program in the fucking world can SCROLL


do you mean in the game browser? yeah that's a bug or a setting, that how in the world did not get noticed as a problem for release.

Not enough games hosted during the beta.

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests