Ozarks
Ozarks
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: 8 Harquebusiers

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lol, dunno what to think about this new hackappell. It's 10% more expensive (though you still get to ship 8 of them which is dumb), only 10% rr, but they get that crazy 6 range attack on top of their old hand attack. Not countered by skirms either, so the only real counter to them is goons. Quite broken I guess

Just tried and one of these beats 4 colonial sepoys, hmm
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Vs china they're hilarious. Also they get affected by a shit tonne of upgrades, so they get affected by caracole, hand cav breastplate and all hand cav cards. So when you do merc strat with them they have 4 ups with germany without adv arsenal

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Riotcoke wrote:Vs china they're hilarious. Also they get affected by a shit tonne of upgrades, so they get affected by caracole, hand cav breastplate and all hand cav cards. So when you do merc strat with them they have 4 ups with germany without adv arsenal
sweats as china bot......
Canada Dankl
Crossbow

Post by Dankl »

I think the problem is that they have 1.5 rof (same as archers/melee units) and no setup animation...
Germany Hacke
Crossbow
ESO: 52798

Post by Hacke »

Nice. Thank you for uploading the games. Really nice to watch. Please more!
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

is the problem the card or the unit now? If its unit do weed need to suggest stat changes, if its the card do we reduce 8 harqs to 7 harqs (for Ger) and 6 harqs to 5 harqs (for rest). I think in my dutch deck i currently have the harqs in place instead of the swiss pikes, but unfortunately dutch is broken until next patch
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Dankl wrote:I think the problem is that they have 1.5 rof (same as archers/melee units) and no setup animation...
Well this is the problem clearly. They probably forgot to change the ranged rof from old melee rof.

Aside from that having a 6 range attack should make barely no difference. Having 10% rr only tho, that's huge. Pretty sure the unit with normalized ROF will be worse than before.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

6 range is a huge difference vs cav and HI actually. But the unit is worse vs goons now
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It’s still pretty shit unless popping on other units I’m pretty sure
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote:6 range is a huge difference vs cav and HI actually. But the unit is worse vs goons now
Considering that with 6 range you can't kite it's only barely a difference vs musks. Still it's same attack with half rof than the melee one so just worse than taking some extra melee damage.
And the resistance change is more impactful anyway.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I mean, melee HI dies without ever connecting, so it's useless. Musks trade about even at best (tried it in scenario editor).
And if you have any sort of melee unit between your harquebusiers and his musks, they really do great, a bit like axe + rr. The musk player either runs into your melee units (which is sad) and he tries to snipe the merc (which you can pull back a bit and bring back once he shot at your melee units), or he kites your melee units but gets sniped by your 100 attack goon.

The resistance does suck vs goons yeah, that's one big drawback. A bit worse vs skirms too I guess, but they trash skirms regardless.

And the ranged rof isn't half the melee one, that's the point. It's the same rof, which is insane.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Kaiserklein wrote:I mean, melee HI dies without ever connecting, so it's useless. Musks trade about even at best (tried it in scenario editor).
And if you have any sort of melee unit between your harquebusiers and his musks, they really do great, a bit like axe + rr. The musk player either runs into your melee units (which is sad) and he tries to snipe the merc (which you can pull back a bit and bring back once he shot at your melee units), or he kites your melee units but gets sniped by your 100 attack goon.

The resistance does suck vs goons yeah, that's one big drawback. A bit worse vs skirms too I guess, but they trash skirms regardless.

And the ranged rof isn't half the melee one, that's the point. It's the same rof, which is insane.
The same rof is a bug.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah I reported that it should be 2 like hackappellits, and not 1.5. But we were talking about how strong the unit currently is
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

rof 2 is still a lot. Base ranged attack should be considerably lower then.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I'm assuming it's supposed to be the merc version of hackappellits, so it should have the same rof. The ranged attack could be lowered too yeah. Though let's not forget the unit does cost 10% more now