British Strategy

No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher
ESO: Senor_boe

British Strategy

Post by Senor_Boe »

Brit is a civ that requires map control as everyone knows,so I really wonder if theres a playstyle where brits drop a manor in like each side of the map then wall it or something.I have actualy tried this for once this morning and It dosen't seem to be a very easy thing to do,it came apparent that it needs a high apm overall to keep multitasking going, and getting one side of yours pressured is also isnt easy to defend.I never really seen anyone do it before but it would be great if this playstyle is actualy possible.I hope pros can share their thoughts in this thread And thanks. :flowers:
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Re: British Strategy

Post by chris1089 »

Sounds pretty obnoxious tbh.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

sounds like it would be shit because you cant defend any of them
No Flag spadel
Skirmisher

Post by spadel »

Do wall segments get LOS in DE? .. on RE it was incredibly strong to build single wall pillars for LOS, also because walls had more HP. But walling a manor is way too time and resource consuming. You can just build aggressive manors however, which is rather common.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Senor_Boe wrote:Brit is a civ that requires map control as everyone knows,so I really wonder if theres a playstyle where brits drop a manor in like each side of the map then wall it or something.I have actualy tried this for once this morning and It dosen't seem to be a very easy thing to do,it came apparent that it needs a high apm overall to keep multitasking going, and getting one side of yours pressured is also isnt easy to defend.I never really seen anyone do it before but it would be great if this playstyle is actualy possible.I hope pros can share their thoughts in this thread And thanks. :flowers:
Why would you want to wall your manors ? I mean if they get destroyed that's just an other free vill for you...
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
Senor_Boe wrote:Brit is a civ that requires map control as everyone knows,so I really wonder if theres a playstyle where brits drop a manor in like each side of the map then wall it or something.I have actualy tried this for once this morning and It dosen't seem to be a very easy thing to do,it came apparent that it needs a high apm overall to keep multitasking going, and getting one side of yours pressured is also isnt easy to defend.I never really seen anyone do it before but it would be great if this playstyle is actualy possible.I hope pros can share their thoughts in this thread And thanks. :flowers:
Why would you want to wall your manors ? I mean if they get destroyed that's just an other free vill for you...
When i said that you have to wall the sides where u placed manors , by that I meant placing manors in a place with resources which allows you to control it and so you have to wall it to protect it.And yes losing your manors might be fine but not vills.
Great Britain _NT_sven
Dragoon
Donator 06
Clan: NTDE

Post by _NT_sven »

try to spam manors in some corners of the map and then kill all the hunts nereby.
Plum blossoms fall below the steps like whirling snow;
They cover me still though brushed off a while ago.

-Tune: "Pure Serene Music", Li Yu (937-978 AD), the Last Lord of Southern Tang Dynasty
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

Brit is a complex civ to handle. So much going on all of the time. Personally I think it’s a civ that you move onto once you’re more experienced as a player.

Don’t wall your manors, allow your opponent to attack them, used them to bait them into fights that will fall into your favour.

Allowing them to attack your manors keeps them at bay, you know where they are and gives you prime opportunities for you to pull ahead.
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

GUA handles Brits pretty well, often with a 3-4 unit combo. He’s on the road to colonel, so it seems to be working well.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

CuCkO0 wrote:Brit is a complex civ to handle. So much going on all of the time. Personally I think it’s a civ that you move onto once you’re more experienced as a player.

Don’t wall your manors, allow your opponent to attack them, used them to bait them into fights that will fall into your favour.

Allowing them to attack your manors keeps them at bay, you know where they are and gives you prime opportunities for you to pull ahead.
I'm planning to wall up my resources where I expanded my territory not Manors. Basically it should be a heavy turtle play, I'm honestly trying to play a "Portugal water play" on land as Brit. Same way you send your 2nd tc to shore to defend your boats & trees and to get much more space to build Houses or whatever,just as Brit but it's not as easy since your missing an extra tc or ships that help there aswel.

It might be difficult but It seems possible and overall just fun and powerful.
India _DB_
Howdah

Post by _DB_ »

Senor_Boe wrote:I really wonder if theres a playstyle where brits drop a manor in like each side of the map
It would be fun to try if they give British explorer the ability to build manor houses.

In that case players would be sending Virginia Company in every match as first card.

The new setters popped out of manor would then just make a wall around themselves but that would be ridiculous because you got to defend 17+ settlers around the map.

Here's one thing they could do-
Sending Virginia Company will ensure that new settlers are delivered at HC drop point after building a manor house.
If you don't send Virginia Company, you could just play British as you normally do.

I wonder if that change would make British civilisation better or worse. It will just add another dimension to play British or it would just make it another Japan.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

no no no no no
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

As a british I think it is more useful to build manor houses around your base like if you were building a wall so you can protect yourself better from rushes and raids and just building one or two where you're herding. If you want map control for denying resources to the enemy or protecting your own vills then an outpost or a TC can work better.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

NekoBerk wrote:As a british I think it is more useful to build manor houses around your base like if you were building a wall so you can protect yourself better from rushes and raids and just building one or two where you're herding. If you want map control for denying resources to the enemy or protecting your own vills then an outpost or a TC can work better.
Yea, I understand that, but imagine having about 3 wall layers with like 2 towers and a rax in each side, you would be safe & controlling a big territory. Sure a standard British usualy also gains land decently but not as much as in this style imo,plus having a free boom everywhere. Spies or side monitors here would be just crazy imo, if theres a possible way to play it.
I reckon @deleted_user5 & @Kynesie could give great tips for this
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

Senor_Boe wrote:
NekoBerk wrote:As a british I think it is more useful to build manor houses around your base like if you were building a wall so you can protect yourself better from rushes and raids and just building one or two where you're herding. If you want map control for denying resources to the enemy or protecting your own vills then an outpost or a TC can work better.
Yea, I understand that, but imagine having about 3 wall layers with like 2 towers and a rax in each side, you would be safe & controlling a big territory. Sure a standard British usualy also gains land decently but not as much as in this style imo,plus having a free boom everywhere. Spies or side monitors here would be just crazy imo, if theres a possible way to play it.
Japan can do that because they can camp in their base all the game but you as a british you can't be doing 3 wall layers with 2 towers when the game is starting because you have better things to invest your resources on than on creating a turtle. If you lock up yourself the enemy just gonna avoid that you expand and gonna make you starve to death. Also he won't touch the walls with his soldiers but with artillery + he will be pushing you with his fortress shipments as soon as possible while you still in colonial. Playing turtle with brits is possible but not that worthy because by locking yourself up you're giving your enemy the whole map and you're spending tons of time and resources for what? for playing passive?

"And we hate po-po
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

NekoBerk wrote:
Senor_Boe wrote:
Japan can do that because they can camp in their base all the game but you as a british you can't be doing 3 wall layers with 2 towers when the game is starting because you have better things to invest your resources on than on creating a turtle. If you lock up yourself the enemy just gonna avoid that you expand and gonna make you starve to death. Also he won't touch the walls with his soldiers but with artillery + he will be pushing you with his fortress shipments as soon as possible while you still in colonial. Playing turtle with brits is possible but not that worthy because by locking yourself up you're giving your enemy the whole map and you're spending tons of time and resources for what? for playing passive?
I have tried it couple times these days and all I could say its that its just a free boom for Brit.It's not like you lost a big amount of map I controlled my half map and didn't need to go mills till very late , in age 3 i just trained culvs and lb and bastion then aged 4,and then got both factories out with 3 tc's down already in age 3 if i remember, as for age 4 it was pretty insane i just trained culv horse artilery then aged 5 and opponent resigned.Idk if it would go same in any other game but I find this playstyle worth trying.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

Senor_Boe wrote:
NekoBerk wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I have tried it couple times these days and all I could say its that its just a free boom for Brit.It's not like you lost a big amount of map I controlled my half map and didn't need to go mills till very late , in age 3 i just trained culvs and lb and bastion then aged 4,and then got both factories out with 3 tc's down already in age 3 if i remember, as for age 4 it was pretty insane i just trained culv horse artilery then aged 5 and opponent resigned.Idk if it would go same in any other game but I find this playstyle worth trying.
Ofc we can test it anytime you want. Let's do 1v1 and let's see how it works !

"And we hate po-po
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

Okay, you're on ?@NekoBerk
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

Senor_Boe wrote:Okay, you're on ?@NekoBerk
Tomorrow I'm free all day can you 17 gmt?

"And we hate po-po
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

NekoBerk wrote:
Maybe earlier a bit if you can like 14 gmt ^^ and thanks, I assume it would defiently be a good practice and to know how this playstyle would go
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

Senor_Boe wrote:
NekoBerk wrote:
Maybe earlier a bit if you can like 14 gmt ^^ and thanks, I assume it would defiently be a good practice and to know how this playstyle would go
Alright sure! So glad to help!

"And we hate po-po
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer

Post by NekoBerk »

@Senor_Boe 's Strategy is pretty good once you see it executed ! Would be good if you record it or something

"And we hate po-po
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

NekoBerk wrote:@Senor_Boe 's Strategy is pretty good once you see it executed ! Would be good if you record it or something
gg!! Thanks for the game i'll post it here if you don't mind to know @deleted_user5 's thoughts on this as i think it would be helpful
No Flag Senor_Boe
Skirmisher

Post by Senor_Boe »

@deleted_user5 I didn't play the plan as I should have but I believe that this playstyle can be perfectly executed. I mostly had troubles with base building & timing & scouting. I guess Spies could do a great job to solve this last problem.
Attachments
[SP] Senor_Boe[BR] vs NekoBerk[FR] - ESOC Arkansas.age3yrec
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 172 times
ESOC Arkansas
ESOC Arkansas
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Official Patch (Legacy)
Length: 24 minutes
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Senor_Boe wrote:@deleted_user5 I didn't play the plan as I should have but I believe that this playstyle can be perfectly executed. I mostly had troubles with base building & timing & scouting. I guess Spies could do a great job to solve this last problem.
Idk. I think if you let opponent take map and tps, he would basicly outboom you. But in this record he didnt go for a boomy way so that you won. But what you did normally shouldnt work that well as brit imo. I'm not sure tbh. need more testing.