DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: DE list of issues

Post by fightinfrenchman »

harcha wrote:The only fresh bugs I found in 5208 are:
- shift key will often not work (it's weird because sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't in the same situation),
- hard to make walls, impossible to make a pillar,
- hotkeys tend to focus the screen on random parts of the map (thought this was fixed already somewhere between balance beta and multiplayer stress test).
I like how this update "only" introduced 3 new bugs. "Fresh bugs" is also a great term, the devs wouldn't want us having stale ones
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
harcha wrote:The only fresh bugs I found in 5208 are:
- shift key will often not work (it's weird because sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't in the same situation),
- hard to make walls, impossible to make a pillar,
- hotkeys tend to focus the screen on random parts of the map (thought this was fixed already somewhere between balance beta and multiplayer stress test).
I like how this update "only" introduced 3 new bugs. "Fresh bugs" is also a great term, the devs wouldn't want us having stale ones
:lol:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Since the first list seemed to be taken into account, I might take the time to make a new one or edit this one. I really can't be bothered to also create separate threads for each issue and link them to the list though, like Evangelos asked, so that's a problem. I'd need people to help in that regard
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I might help
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I can help, just assign me a bunch of issues. (like 5)
EAGLEMUT wrote:Does this game not even have a working Steam Cloud sync?
Past the initial installation, my home city changes don't get synced between computers lol
I'm actually impressed; ESO had perfectly working cloud save in 2005, without the help of Steam doing 90% of the work :salt:
I had all my progress present on my new linux install, but game settings had to be adjusted. Whenever I close it on linux steam does this "sync" thing on DE. I haven't noticed that on W10.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

I want to report that the german church crad is not working. When researching the tech that makes your mercenary for free (not sure how it is called in english) for 3000 coin it does not effect the mercanary shippments (as it should).
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

supernapoleon wrote:I want to report that the german church crad is not working. When researching the tech that makes your mercenary for free (not sure how it is called in english) for 3000 coin it does not effect the mercanary shippments (as it should).
They really are Doppelsöldner now :hehe:
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Was performance improved with the last patch?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

harcha wrote:
Past the initial installation, my home city changes don't get synced between computers lol
I'm actually impressed; ESO had perfectly working cloud save in 2005, without the help of Steam doing 90% of the work :salt:
I had all my progress present on my new linux install, but game settings had to be adjusted. Whenever I close it on linux steam does this "sync" thing on DE. I haven't noticed that on W10.
Yeah upon installation my stuff got loaded, but after that... nothing. I tried it multiple times and even checked Steam Cloud logs; it looks like data keep getting uploaded there but the game just doesn't load them. I use desktop or laptop depending on the situation, so looks like DE will require me to manually move homecity files over between computers to keep them up to date...
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
harcha wrote:
Yeah upon installation my stuff got loaded, but after that... nothing. I tried it multiple times and even checked Steam Cloud logs; it looks like data keep getting uploaded there but the game just doesn't load them. I use desktop or laptop depending on the situation, so looks like DE will require me to manually move homecity files over between computers to keep them up to date...
Amazing.

You sure you couldn't land a job on the DE team?
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

lemmings121 wrote: You sure you couldn't land a job on the DE team?
He probably tried but was way overqualified :hmm:
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Yeah, they probably won't pay the salary that Eaglemut deserves anyway :(

Austria MukkPuKing
Crossbow
ESO: MukkPuKing

Post by MukkPuKing »

Overlay error - I had to play the entire game with the previous game's statistics on...
Attachments
bug.jpg
No Flag Don_stowe
Crossbow
ESO: DON_STOWE

Post by Don_stowe »

File transfer not available.? IS a error im getting when trying to connect to games
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Post by tabben »

Selection lock when deleting units/buildings doesn't work the same in DE.

On legacy, if you attempt to delete multiple units or buildings/foundations, you'll get a warning message. Before you press yes/no it's impossible to swap selection. You can neither swap selection by mouse clicking something else nor by pressing a "Find unit" hotkey or control group.

On DE, you also get a warning message when trying to delete selected units/buildings. However - the selection lock only applies when mouse clicking other units/buildings (won't swap selection). Your "Find Unit" hotkeys or control groups are still able to swap selection while the warning message is open. And the deletion then applies to your newest selection..

This is super frustrating if you were used to deleting stuff quickly in legacy :sad: (which was safe to do 99% of the time) I could for example select 5 wall pillar foundations, press delete and then safely start spamming a Find unit hotkey, before i have clicked "Yes" or pressed 'Enter' as the warning message shows. Commonly i'd spam my Find TC hotkey to make sure i wasn't idling my TC while walling, on DE this habit will lead to deleting my town center (already happened twice). Later on in the game I'm often spamming my find control group hotkeys, so in that case they'd be deleted instead.

Would be curious to know if I'm the only one to get fooled by this change on DE, or am I the only one who's actually troubled by this :hmm:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I need a hotkey to select everything all units and all buildings so I don't have to go around selecting things
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

of course, a mouse macro that selects all buildings and units and then deletes + enter. It's ingenious!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@tabben this seems real bad, pls report it on the official forum
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Austria MukkPuKing
Crossbow

Post by MukkPuKing »

When I hover over treasures I dont see their content in the small "pop-up"...
Austria MukkPuKing
Crossbow

Post by MukkPuKing »

Also colors are so f*****, I get raided to death. It's like enemy units are invisible on the maps - the color contrasts are so bad. Any fix/mod for this?
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

MukkPuKing wrote:Also colors are so f*****, I get raided to death. It's like enemy units are invisible on the maps - the color contrasts are so bad. Any fix/mod for this?
No but it is on the list in OP.
United States of America frostibite
Musketeer

Post by frostibite »

Hi is anyone else getting game crashes about 5-8 minutes into game. There is a spinning wheel and the game freezes and there is the dialog box that says "waiting for program to respond". Started happening to me randomly
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Same as the number of shipments icon, I feel like the numbers on the unit's portraits to the left of the command card are big, but it's still hard to tell what the number actually shows..
Maybe they could make it a bit smaller, but more outlined with a thicker black colour?

That way, the number could be easier to read plus you know quicker which unit type you are actually looking at.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Two isso today back to back :
First game : 10 toma trapped on forest (New England) free lose min 5, game right after, travois unable to build anything free lose min 1.

Nice game
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

supernapoleon wrote:I want to report that the german church crad is not working. When researching the tech that makes your mercenary for free (not sure how it is called in english) for 3000 coin it does not effect the mercanary shippments (as it should).
It does work except for the infinite age 4 shipments, which I think is intended. But it's true it should be specified on the tech description, I added that.
MukkPuKing wrote:Overlay error - I had to play the entire game with the previous game's statistics on...
Added. Did this happen to you just once, or several times?
chronique wrote:travois unable to build anything
Can you tell me more about this issue? Did it happen just once or more? Why can't you build anything, are the thumbnails greyed out? Could you use your travois in colonial?
tabben wrote:Selection lock when deleting units/buildings doesn't work the same in DE.
Added.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..