Goodbye aoe 3

France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Re: Goodbye aoe 3

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

aaryngend wrote:
Trevize70 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I am playing TAD now almost all the days and daily are more or ledss 400-700 and weekend almost 900-100. So I agree with hoy.
It doesn't hit 1000 anymore though, the last time it did was during aoe3:DE's release. You do realize that the release of aoe3:DE also boosted the numbers for the legacy game by quite a margin?
Legacy plummeted a short while after that though, so ye, DE was the final nail in the coffin. I wonder what the population will look like come new year. Will it recover a bit or spiral down even further?
population-statistics

It's safe to say that a lot of players moved over to DE, some stayed, but even those staying still might be playing both games from time to time.
it still reach 1000 every week end man, and go a bit over, until the server crash
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It doesn't hit 1000 anymore though, the last time it did was during aoe3:DE's release. You do realize that the release of aoe3:DE also boosted the numbers for the legacy game by quite a margin?
Legacy plummeted a short while after that though, so ye, DE was the final nail in the coffin. I wonder what the population will look like come new year. Will it recover a bit or spiral down even further?
population-statistics

It's safe to say that a lot of players moved over to DE, some stayed, but even those staying still might be playing both games from time to time.
it still reach 1000 every week end man, and go a bit over, until the server crash
That's the peak population, how long does it hold? 30mins? 1 hour?
The average population is easily in the low 100s.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

Eh no that is just not true, during euro evenings it is consistently above 1000. Most of that is very low level though, some Lts., some sparce captains and majors and that is about it.

Getting 1v1's at Lt. or Captain Level still is quite possible, and low level team games or scenarios are actually quite easy, everything else though you are fucked.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

aaryngend wrote:
ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
Show hidden quotes
That's the peak population, how long does it hold? 30mins? 1 hour?
The average population is easily in the low 100s.
it long till the server crash, so yeah it can be 1hours or more, or less, servers decide :')

and yes the average is less, but never, even in the morning, the game goes at 92 or so low
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

sadaoe3player wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm not going to go back over everything that makes aoe 3 DE crappy. I just wanted to salute one last time all the players with whom I spent countless games in 3v3 Random Map on TAD. For years we shared a lot of time together, we used to meet on the game "every" night. Trying hard to find 6 players to start a game, being hours in the lobby waiting for no one to arrive (what a hard time). But beyond that, these games with a pretty good level was always enjoyable. I don't think I'm the only one in this case, being a team player only, DE is not for me. We managed to keep this magnificent game that was TAD going long enough, now for me, it's time to move on. From the bottom of my heart, thanks to all the players I played with, to the pros and casters who regaled us on Twitch and kept the game alive, it was nothing but good times. Another battlefield awaits us, and surely more pleasant for us, because bobby won't be there to wall up.

An anonymous Lieutenant Colonel.
You do realize there are still plenty of players on TAD? I played like 30 3v3 the past 3 days around 1st lt level. I aint getting on DE its crap. For you to come on here and say good bye aoe cuz of DE is stupid. Just go back on TAD there are plenty of players there still.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

There are 0 good players on tad
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

gibson wrote:
deleted_user wrote:alohamora?
speedcryer

you idiot as usual but w/e , maybe you could uninstall DE again to make it better ?
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

gibson wrote:There are 0 good players on tad
there are still some decent players, no pro, but still decent
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
There is 1 half decent Lt col. Haven't even seen him since 2 weeks after release though.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

chris1089 wrote:
ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
There is 1 half decent Lt col. Haven't even seen him since 2 weeks after release though.
Decent = high cap and above imo.
Spain pain train is real
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

Rohbrot wrote:
chris1089 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Pff. That includes sargsyan, Tim retek and maybe me if I'm on top of my game then. Haven't actually seen any majors around though other than Mr retek.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

chris1089 wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Pff. That includes sargsyan, Tim retek and maybe me if I'm on top of my game then. Haven't actually seen any majors around though other than Mr retek.
Yes, it does include them. Especially @Sargsyan , the pro gamer.
Spain pain train is real
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

im 0.40pr short of lt colo bitches
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Spain Trevize70
Crossbow
ESO: Trevize70

Post by Trevize70 »

chris1089 wrote:
Rohbrot wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I am second liut but i have played in team games with some majors and a pair of liut col these days (one called Absoluvely i do not know if its pro or not). Not normally but i think that there are some captains and Liuts playing. In my case i only want to improve but having fun at the same time (not toxic people and these things...)

If i would have a better computer probably i Will play DE but i am not sure if its going to move the Game...
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

Absoluvely is pro 100%
Spain pain train is real
Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Post by stanleywinston »

Bobby walls + walls dance = gg
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Sad but goodbye thanks for free pr when you were on my team & carrying.
:nwc:
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

guy says the DE is bad yet he played 3v3 on TAD lol
Ireland Snow Lynx
Musketeer

Post by Snow Lynx »

ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
Snow Lynx wrote:It is sad though, I went online yesterday and there were 92 people online - and it’s not that everyone’s moved onto DE, they haven’t. I almost feel like rather than being the rebirth of AOE3 that DE was meant to be, it’s been the final nail in the coffin.

Farewell, hope you come back soon :)
lol man, there are never 92 peoples online, the only time there is 92 peoples online it's when server just goes down (really often I admit), but when they don't goes out the peak on the night during the week is around 800/900 and 1000/1050 the week end, and if you came during the worst moment of the day it's around 200/250 peoples online (thoose moment were already under 400 peoples online before the DE came out)
Attachments
1B8DFF99-A47D-4FA7-A97E-B91E09037B5B.jpeg
How do you write a signature?
Spain Trevize70
Crossbow
ESO: Trevize70

Post by Trevize70 »

Snow Lynx wrote:
ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:
Snow Lynx wrote:It is sad though, I went online yesterday and there were 92 people online - and it’s not that everyone’s moved onto DE, they haven’t. I almost feel like rather than being the rebirth of AOE3 that DE was meant to be, it’s been the final nail in the coffin.

lol man, there are never 92 peoples online, the only time there is 92 peoples online it's when server just goes down (really often I admit), but when they don't goes out the peak on the night during the week is around 800/900 and 1000/1050 the week end, and if you came during the worst moment of the day it's around 200/250 peoples online (thoose moment were already under 400 peoples online before the DE came out)
Probably ESOC servers were down. Or maybe were a bad hour (like early in the mornimg Europe time) or similar
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

Snow Lynx wrote:
ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:

as I said the only moment when i got only 92 peoples online is after a server crash, only. the worst moment of the day turn around 200 people online, and it's really the worst
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:lol man, there are never 92 peoples online, the only time there is 92 peoples online it's when server just goes down (really often I admit), but when they don't goes out the peak on the night during the week is around 800/900 and 1000/1050 the week end, and if you came during the worst moment of the day it's around 200/250 peoples online (thoose moment were already under 400 peoples online before the DE came out).
As I said the only moment when i got only 92 peoples online is after a server crash, only. the worst moment of the day turn around 200 people online, and it's really the worst
And you really don't want to call this inactive? 200-500 people during non-peak & non-trough hours is terrible in my book.
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by Rohbrot »

aaryngend wrote:
ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:lol man, there are never 92 peoples online, the only time there is 92 peoples online it's when server just goes down (really often I admit), but when they don't goes out the peak on the night during the week is around 800/900 and 1000/1050 the week end, and if you came during the worst moment of the day it's around 200/250 peoples online (thoose moment were already under 400 peoples online before the DE came out).
As I said the only moment when i got only 92 peoples online is after a server crash, only. the worst moment of the day turn around 200 people online, and it's really the worst
And you really don't want to call this inactive? 200-500 people during non-peak & non-trough hours is terrible in my book.
500 means the half population which we had before DE, so i would say its ok.
Spain pain train is real
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

aaryngend wrote:
200/250 is at the worst moment of the day, and as y said thoose moment wete already under 350/400 peoples online before the DE, so no it's not terrible, and during the evening (I don't talk about the week end) there are still between 750 and 900 people online, sometimes more, while it was a bit over 1000 before the DE, so I don't see in what the game is way (more) inactive than before the DE, the big change is only at the top level, because the top player left RE for DE, but thoose guys représent something like 1% of the population of the game.There is still 2/3 of the population of the RE that's still here, and people who pretend something else are just the people who moved on the DE, never turned on the RE again and love to hate on it since there is the DE, but they are wrong
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:200/250 is at the worst moment of the day, and as y said thoose moment wete already under 350/400 peoples online before the DE, so no it's not terrible, and during the evening (I don't talk about the week end) there are still between 750 and 900 people online, sometimes more, while it was a bit over 1000 before the DE, so I don't see in what the game is way (more) inactive than before the DE, the big change is only at the top level, because the top player left RE for DE, but thoose guys représent something like 1% of the population of the game.There is still 2/3 of the population of the RE that's still here, and people who pretend something else are just the people who moved on the DE, never turned on the RE again and love to hate on it since there is the DE, but they are wrong
Wrong, in October, legacy aoe3 even had a little bit more players than usual thanks to DE :pop:
That effect is slowly wearing out. Yes, legacy isn't terribly less active than before DE, but that is because it wasn't very active to begin with!
DE definitely had an effect and brought the numbers down even further, even though initially it caused a slight uptick (probably people who had legacy and DE was crashing too much for their taste in the beginning, so they returned to legacy for the time being).
ǝɯɐuɹǝsn wrote:the big change is only at the top level, because the top player left RE for DE, but thoose guys représent something like 1% of the population of the game.
Lol if this was the case, the numbers would have stayed roughly the same. No way only the top percentage of players left, along them a lot more people left too.