DE list of issues

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Re: DE list of issues

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

people keep talking about cheater on the RE but honnestly, the community is little, so if you play regularly you know most of them really fast, so it's not a problem to avoid them
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

We were talking about the 2x pike bug on Hazza's stream yesterday. It is annoying as fuck

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Anyone else experiencing falcs hitting their target but not dealing full damage? Even if the target is barely moving or even immobile, so it's not like they dodged? If I'm not the only one I'll add it to the list because it's kinda huge, I've literally had yumis tank 2 x 2 falcs shots and not dying.
It might be a bit confusing at first glance, but if you play the clip at slow speed you clearly see both cannon balls hitting his falc and not killing it. I don't have a better clip just yet unfortunately
https://clips.twitch.tv/KindHyperSoybeanCmonBruh
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Looks like you dodged the hit.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i think slow motion shows that it was a dodge
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

No, his falc was barely moving, that's not enough to dodge usually. Besides like I said I've had this happen many more times with immobile targets
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

well then it remains to be seen until we can gather something more concrete. in this clip it looked like his falc was changing formation from going abreast towards you to going abreast towards the left side, and as we know units move faster than normal speed when taking a new formation
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Personally I just see his falc being immobile shooting and then turning around, nothing else. Usually if you want to dodge, you need to move in one direction, then move back at the last second in the exact opposite direction, and you need a decent speed too so you have time to move away from the impact.
I've just never seen this happen this way on legacy anyway. People lose falc wars because they start unpacking or because they shoot late, but usually you don't see a random 50 hp falc after 2 cannons balls...

If I get a better clip I'll post it.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

It looks like the game registered the cannonball hit on the ground and the falc that was close received only the splash damage, does that make sense?

Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Ok, this is definitely a bug.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

I would agree some of the behavior shown here on those clips could be considered buggy, but I also think it is consistent with legacy, rather than being specific to DE.

Falconets in Kaiser's video got lucky and somewhat dodged the shot, while still taking major damage. Doesn't seem impossible. If there was a bug in play here, it probably has to do with the terrain elevation, would be my guess.

For the second video, we need to watch on slowest speed and observe extremely closely what is happening on the screen, in order to understand what had gone wrong. On first look at the initial Culverin shot, it may appear very clear-cut; the red player has indicated falconet as the target, and the bugged culvs fired a totally blank shot! But wait, rewind a bit and look again. For a split second, the red player has actually first indicated a Musketeer as the target for his Culverins to attack (indicated by the targeted unit flashing). Although this misclick is quickly corrected, it can be easily observed that the Culverins are already unpacking at that point — preparing to attack the first indicated target (random Musketeer). The sudden target switch now confuses the mid-unpacking Culverins and unfortunately causes them to fire a blank at neither target (which, yes, is a bug that should not happen, but it's not specific to DE).

As for the second (non-blank) Culverin shot, it should be clear that the Culverins did not bug out at all. Red player has once again misclicked and targeted a Musketeer near the Falconets, however, this time failed to correct that misclick until the Culverins have already fired. This obviously did not change the trajectory of already-in-flight cannonballs and they have correctly hit the targeted Musketeer, still dealing considerable area damage to the adjacent Falconets as expected.

I guess if we go deeper, it could be argued that the second misclick itself was a bug (that it should not have been evaluated as a misclick). From what I'm seeing, the mouse cursor really appeared to be on the Falconet.

:ugeek:
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I would agree some of the behavior shown here on those clips could be considered buggy, but I also think it is consistent with legacy, rather than being specific to DE.

Falconets in Kaiser's video got lucky and somewhat dodged the shot, while still taking major damage. Doesn't seem impossible. If there was a bug in play here, it probably has to do with the terrain elevation, would be my guess.

For the second video, we need to watch on slowest speed and observe extremely closely what is happening on the screen, in order to understand what had gone wrong. On first look at the initial Culverin shot, it may appear very clear-cut; the red player has indicated falconet as the target, and the bugged culvs fired a totally blank shot! But wait, rewind a bit and look again. For a split second, the red player has actually first indicated a Musketeer as the target for his Culverins to attack (indicated by the targeted unit flashing). Although this misclick is quickly corrected, it can be easily observed that the Culverins are already unpacking at that point — preparing to attack the first indicated target (random Musketeer). The sudden target switch now confuses the mid-unpacking Culverins and unfortunately causes them to fire a blank at neither target (which, yes, is a bug that should not happen, but it's not specific to DE).

As for the second (non-blank) Culverin shot, it should be clear that the Culverins did not bug out at all. Red player has once again misclicked and targeted a Musketeer near the Falconets, however, this time failed to correct that misclick until the Culverins have already fired. This obviously did not change the trajectory of already-in-flight cannonballs and they have correctly hit the targeted Musketeer, still dealing considerable area damage to the adjacent Falconets as expected.

I guess if we go deeper, it could be argued that the second misclick itself was a bug (that it should not have been evaluated as a misclick). From what I'm seeing, the mouse cursor really appeared to be on the Falconet.

yeah I definitly misclicked a lot there so not really the kinda clip I want to post haha, but the first shot being a blank is still something that shouldn't really be a thing
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

eaglemut is bestmut
United States of America KnArLoC
Crossbow
ESO: KnArLoC

Post by KnArLoC »

The matchmaking and rating system on the DE is horribly designed, THE worst i have ever seen in any modern game, especially as a primary 3v3 random/team player. Just had a game today where i got matched with two sub-800 elo players (I was rated 1600-1650 ish) who were still age 1 at 9 mins. I just resigned after we got pushed at 8 mins. Basically, it was literally an unwinnable game. And what is up with the elo system? Being matched with two 800 players versus a team of three 1300s should not result in me sustaining massive elo losses (if i lose vs 3 1400-1500's with maybe 1400 teammates i lose 15 elo but when i lose to three 1300s with completely garbage 800 elo players i get -30). What even is the formula for the rating here? It's like rank doesn't matter its a complete shit show right now.

And this was after searching for 1 min 30 seconds. I wasn't in queue long enough to justify such a garbage game. It's really disheartening to play team as a solo person in this game as half the time you're left wondering if the game will be a waste of time due to elo disparity and/or the other team being in comms, the other half of the time the game doesn't start or someone crashes, leaving like 10% left as actually good, fair game (as a random queue-er). You're pretty much forced to queue as a team with mates if you want to have any consistent fun in this game anymore. In that aspect, the RE is miles, miles and MILES better than the DE. It's kinda sad because i do enjoy the idea of 3v3 random games as you have to work together with teammates you don't know well to win, but this doesn't work out well with massive elo differences in teams and pre-mades playing versus randoms, as well as the problems stated above.

Sorry for the rant, feeling very frustrated right now. There HAS to be a better to way to deal with team games than the current system. I'm going to continue playing this game (probably going to try to play with friends whenever possible) because I started way back in 2007 and its still one of my favorite games, but I'm not sure how long I can go on at this rate if I continue to feel so frustrated.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

don_artie wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:I would agree some of the behavior shown here on those clips could be considered buggy, but I also think it is consistent with legacy, rather than being specific to DE.

yeah I definitly misclicked a lot there so not really the kinda clip I want to post haha, but the first shot being a blank is still something that shouldn't really be a thing
blanks have been a thing since RE though, so it isnt a new bug.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Ok idk if they are gonna fix this but looks like someone found out that de-allying with brits as india makes you keep 2% hp than losing the full 7% and when you re-ally you end up having 2% stacked on top of 7% and you repeat this de & re-allying process it kinda gets broken. (This was present from the launch)
The same bug which was used to be in legacy for japan if you re-ally with japs you lose attack.
:nwc:
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

@Challenger_Marco , thanks for mention such bug.
Spain pain train is real
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Ok idk if they are gonna fix this but looks like someone found out that de-allying with brits as india makes you keep 2% hp than losing the full 7% and when you re-ally you end up having 2% stacked on top of 7% and you repeat this de & re-allying process it kinda gets broken. (This was present from the launch)
The same bug which was used to be in legacy for japan if you re-ally with japs you lose attack.
Is this present for china as well?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Why does the consulate blockhouse cost 200e? Seems like they missed the EP change of 150e.
Great Britain chris1089
Retired Contributor
ESO: chris1089

Post by chris1089 »

harcha wrote:Why does the consulate blockhouse cost 200e? Seems like they missed the EP change of 150e.
Word got out about you and maxmagous laming Chinese cons strats so they nerfed it.
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

cons costs are not the same as EP for few things, clubs for example are also more pricy
Spain pérez
Pro Player
ESO: Pérez

Post by pérez »

there is a bug with azzy explorer, idk if incas one have it too, but if u cover mode and melee mode him just when he is dying he just insta revive similar to alt d bug, this bug happens just when u just died like almost instantly, the thing is that the enemy can get the xp twice.
i dont have a clip or something but i have got that bug few times.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Dragboxing on any unit cause the game to drop frames resulting in input lag. This is incredibly annoying and totally fucks the mechanics.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Been 2 weeks I've updated the list and replied to Evangelos, no reaction from them. I'm not really gonna work on the list for now