ESOC Cry Corner

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: ESOC Cry Corner

Post by deleted_user »

Sergeant_Recker wrote:This forum feels like a joke at times...and makes me not wanna come back and discuss stuff about the game. Atleast it's not worse than the official aoe forum. I've lost all the motivation or fun or whatever it is called...I've lost it entirely to play this game and uninstalled it. I guess I should discontinue discussing about it too. IRL I never felt so welcome anytime or anywhere. I was so glad that I found esoc but now it's different to me. I'm done with this game and its community. I'm incapable of contributing anything here and I probably shouldn't exist. So this is kind of a goodbye (for real this time), but I understand...you don't even know who I am and probably don't have to care. Goodbye to you anyway!
don't liebe
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

i still don't believe that anyone ever quits aoe3 for real
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

:cry: I miss global tournaments but I understand why is not possible :roll:
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

harcha wrote:i still don't believe that anyone ever quits aoe3 for real
Agree... One can check out but never leave.
I don't play either as my focus is 100% on AoE4
[Sith] - Baphomet
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Sergeant_Recker wrote:This forum feels like a joke at times...and makes me not wanna come back and discuss stuff about the game. Atleast it's not worse than the official aoe forum. I've lost all the motivation or fun or whatever it is called...I've lost it entirely to play this game and uninstalled it. I guess I should discontinue discussing about it too. IRL I never felt so welcome anytime or anywhere. I was so glad that I found esoc but now it's different to me. I'm done with this game and its community. I'm incapable of contributing anything here and I probably shouldn't exist. So this is kind of a goodbye (for real this time), but I understand...you don't even know who I am and probably don't have to care. Goodbye to you anyway!
It's sad you don't feel welcome. ESOC is a particular place indeed, as it is home to both very high level players that are basically only interested in the competitive aspect of the game and then there is a whole other side of the community that usually enjoys having discussions in #off-topic or making funny threads that might not relate to the game that much, but rather to members of the community or other stuff. I understand that ESOC is something that might not appeal to everyone, but even though many people here might not enjoy the game in the same way that you do, you're still welcome to stay as long as you like.
Keep in mind that this is also a forum, and forums are kind of a rare beast nowadays. Reddit communities or discord communities are much more common, and maybe could appeal to you a bit more(?).
If you are into the competitive side of AoE3 and want to improve your skills with guides, tips, strategies, build orders, advice from the pros etc, ESOC is hands down the best place you'll find.
If you enjoy more mid-skill-level content and interactions, i think Aussie_Drongo's channel on youtube, twitch and his discord can be awesome places to hang out. SamuraiRevolution also has a great following and his community is pretty welcoming and warm, as far as i know.
If you just play the game casually every now and then maybe checking steam forums, reddit, official forums and a few other sites can be more your cup of tea.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Ugh @Sergeant_Recker will comeback anyways ,this is the best forum so far i have experienced tbh.No one can quit clicking here all of sudden,even though you don't post you will lurk without logging in.Ppl always comeback aoe to play few games here & there.
:nwc:
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It does feel like everyone comes back, but that's because those are the only stories you're hearing about. If someone significant quit 5 years ago and comes back today, you hear about it. If someone quit 5 years ago and never comes back, you don't hear it. Take this forum for example: It's full of people who quit, often multiple times, and came back. The people who actually left aren't here, except some in the OT forum.
Over time it then starts to feel like everyone comes back
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Well, many did.
Spain pain train is real
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Ugh @Sergeant_Recker will comeback anyways ,this is the best forum so far i have experienced tbh.No one can quit clicking here all of sudden,even though you don't post you will lurk without logging in.Ppl always comeback aoe to play few games here & there.
You will linger on in darkness and in doubt, as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Here you will dwell, until all the world is changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

By the power of necromancy:

I fucking hate Alatreon from Monster Hunter World. Whoever though it was a good idea to replace challenging movesets with weird mmo mechanics made a very bad decision.(same goes for Kulve Taroth tbh)
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

scarm wrote:By the power of necromancy:

I fucking hate Alatreon from Monster Hunter World. Whoever though it was a good idea to replace challenging movesets with weird mmo mechanics made a very bad decision.(same goes for Kulve Taroth tbh)
Based bump
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Kyo_
Crossbow
ESO: KyoKusanagi

Post by Kyo_ »

A high ranking royal clan officer unfriended me because i speedy dopp'd him 2 days in a row straight
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Uh, I didn't know this existed, ahem ahem

I hate all azzys mains, why? Because they don't stop asking for buffs, they have me rotten, I hate them all.

Less Garja, of course.
Germany lenlenlena3
Musketeer
ESO: lenlenlena

Post by lenlenlena3 »

just played a game and wrote "brain dead civ" after losing to brits .. I really hate brits.. I really really really really really
https://www.twitch.tv/lenlenlena

play aoe 3 like aoe 4 doesn't even exist baby