User avatar
United States of America dutchdude117
Skirmisher
Posts: 138
ESO: Dutchdude117
Location: USA California

13 Jan 2021, 02:20

Hi, I've played a few games vs Port these past couple days, and I've come across a build that I am completely stumped on how to counter.

I play Dutch, so I guess I am looking for builds that Dutch can do

Port goes for sheep age 1
does normal port stuff
Town centers in base
...
gets age 4
revolts and attacks with Peruvian Legion Revolutionaries.

For those who don't know Peruvian Legions Revolutionaries here are the important stats

Hit points 200
Resists 30% vs. Melee
Speed 5.0

Melee Attack:
Damage 12 (Melee Damage)
Multipliers ×1.5 vs. Light infantry, ×2.0 vs. Cavalry
Rate of Fire 1.5

Ranged Attack:
Damage 24 (Ranged Damage)
Multipliers ×1.5 vs. Light infantry, ×2.0 vs. Cavalry
Range 12
Rate of Fire 3.0

Grenade Attack:
Damage 24 (Siege Damage)
Minimum 12 Range
Maximum 18 Range
Splash 3
Multipliers NONE


The main thing I am struggling with the inability of my main units (Skirmisher and Ruyters) to deal with the grenade attack of the revolutionaries.
Due to 18 range 24 siege splash 3, the grenadiers absolutely destroy both Skirmishers and Ruyters, and with the 5 movements speed of the revolutionaries it is not feasible to kite.

1 So my question is what build order do I do against such a build order? (if I were to scout it)
2 What composition do I build to engage that army?
Australia Peachrocks
Dragoon
Posts: 328
ESO: Peachrocks

13 Jan 2021, 02:39

Artillery. Spaced out Skirmishers close ranged so they don’t grenade attack also do okay.
No Flag helln00
Lancer
Posts: 594
ESO: helln00

13 Jan 2021, 02:42

I don't play dutch so this is a few long shot ideas.

- if they are still classified as heavy infantry, then use skrims and get counter infantry rifling + staggered formation and just pressure them down.

- if possible, some kind of FI into ryuters + heavy cannons
Australia Peachrocks
Dragoon
Posts: 328
ESO: Peachrocks

13 Jan 2021, 02:46

helln00 wrote:I don't play dutch so this is a few long shot ideas.

- if they are still classified as heavy infantry, then use skrims and get counter infantry rifling + staggered formation and just pressure them down.

- if possible, some kind of FI into ryuters + heavy cannons


They are heavy infantry but typically the siege and splash damage of the grenades with those numbers crushes skirmishers. If you’ve got skirms against them, the best chance is engaging at medium range because they use their gun attack at 12 range or less.
User avatar
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
Posts: 2119
ESO: SoldieR
Location: Chi City

13 Jan 2021, 03:37

These units are pretty insane in the one game I played them. They are like abus with bonus vs cav
User avatar
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
Posts: 1640
ESO: Rohbrot

13 Jan 2021, 03:39

Can you ship the peruvian legions again from homecity like CM?
You know its coming but you wont hold it even when you petard my tc, the rohvolt is real.
User avatar
Seychelles SirCallen
Ninja
EPL Reigning ChampsDonator 03
Posts: 12056
ESO: lil' vit
Location: Midwest best west

13 Jan 2021, 03:41

yeah you need artillery, or just pike rush the CM TCs when port clicks up to III. I think artillery is the only way to hold the revolt if you let him do it untouched

they're like caroleans and grens w/ grenade launchers

this revolt is probably very good vs lakota
stitching with seems tbh
User avatar
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
Posts: 1640
ESO: Rohbrot

13 Jan 2021, 03:55

SirCallen wrote:yeah you need artillery, or just pike rush the CM TCs when port clicks up to III. I think artillery is the only way to hold the revolt if you let him do it untouched

they're like caroleans and grens w/ grenade launchers

this revolt is probably very good vs lakota

Why it should be good against lakota? They got rifle riders.
You know its coming but you wont hold it even when you petard my tc, the rohvolt is real.
User avatar
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
Posts: 2119
ESO: SoldieR
Location: Chi City

13 Jan 2021, 04:32

These guys have bonus vs RR. Also the grens one shot 3 of my falcs xD
Australia Peachrocks
Dragoon
Posts: 328
ESO: Peachrocks

13 Jan 2021, 06:34

Rohbrot wrote:Can you ship the peruvian legions again from homecity like CM?


You can train them for 100 food each, from town centers or from Bolivar but no infinite HC shipments.

Against Lakota. Yeah it’s nasty. Tokola/Dog soldiers ‘might’ work but it wouldn’t be efficient. Keeping Rifleman in the sweet spot is the only way I think.
User avatar
Indonesia arivus
Crossbow
Posts: 19

13 Jan 2021, 16:08

Use meatshield, not infantry or cavalry just pure best meatshield dutch can get. You ask who? Its the priest they cost only 150 coin, have 486 hp and nothing have multiplier to them even the puny French Imperial Gribeauval Heavy Cannon need to shot twice to kill them.
User avatar
Argentina Jotunir
Lancer
Posts: 547
Location: Argentina

14 Jan 2021, 02:29

arivus wrote:Use meatshield, not infantry or cavalry just pure best meatshield dutch can get. You ask who? Its the priest they cost only 150 coin, have 486 hp and nothing have multiplier to them even the puny French Imperial Gribeauval Heavy Cannon need to shot twice to kill them.

Unholy tactic :devil:

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests