Lakota 2v2 counter

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
No Flag N3O_Joe
Crossbow

Lakota 2v2 counter

Post by N3O_Joe »

Could someone explain to me how Lakota are classed as UP ? They are in 80% of our 2v2 ranked games, and it at the point now we will just have to quit as we can not counter them at all.

We just die to 10br+ and 4 ar running around for 10 mis. We try to wall get as much LOS put units next to hunts. It just wipes us out leaving the other player to boom and right click tc to win. We just end up stuck and quit. If we go for a rush they can just sling and ship 4ar to wipe out our fb vills.

Attached is a recording game vs 2 top 100 players. We was almost 1700 but now almost 1600 so about top 500 . Any help would be nice I am getting rather bored of this.
Attachments
Aufgezeichnete Spiele _vsSiouxIndia.age3Yrec
(4.54 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re: Lakota 2v2 counter

Post by aaryngend »

I don't think anyone ever said Lakota are UP in teamgames. They have their weaknesses in 1v1, where they are regarded as a middle tier civ, broken in a way (super strong in some areas and very weak on others).
No Flag N3O_Joe
Crossbow

Post by N3O_Joe »

aaryngend wrote:I don't think anyone ever said Lakota are UP in teamgames. They have their weaknesses in 1v1, where they are regarded as a middle tier civ, broken in a way (super strong in some areas and very weak on others).
I got flamed at on the official forms asking for a nerf and then everyone was trying to defend them.. :cry:
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

N3O_Joe wrote:
aaryngend wrote:I don't think anyone ever said Lakota are UP in teamgames. They have their weaknesses in 1v1, where they are regarded as a middle tier civ, broken in a way (super strong in some areas and very weak on others).
I got flamed at on the official forms asking for a nerf and then everyone was trying to defend them.. :cry:
I thought you mean this community here.
The official forum is full of people who have no idea what they are talking about and this is coming from someone who isn't that keen on many things either!
What pisses me off personally against Lakota in team games is their unit speed.... always trying to take that Warchief down.. often times to no avail.
Do people really sling the Lakota player so he has 4 AR out very early? Didn't see this before, sounds scary.
No Flag N3O_Joe
Crossbow

Post by N3O_Joe »

aaryngend wrote:
N3O_Joe wrote:
I thought you mean this community here.
The official forum is full of people who have no idea what they are talking about and this is coming from someone who isn't that keen on many things either!
What pisses me off personally against Lakota in team games is their unit speed.... always trying to take that Warchief down.. often times to no avail.
Do people really sling the Lakota player so he has 4 AR out very early? Didn't see this before, sounds scary.
Unit speed is a huge issue, if you watch the rec one point I had 2-3 large batch's of yumi between our TCS , still struggled to kill a unit and they ran past them all.

The ar sling is prob 1 in 10 games. You sling them about 200f and they seem get 4ar under your TC before you even up. Also seen them stack all food treasures to do this as well.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

It doesnt seem that wierd if 2 top 100 players beat 2 top 500 players by raiding a lot with ar/br? Or did i missunderstand something?
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
No Flag N3O_Joe
Crossbow

Post by N3O_Joe »

Victor_swe wrote:It doesnt seem that wierd if 2 top 100 players beat 2 top 500 players by raiding a lot with ar/br? Or did i missunderstand something?
It's the same story if the elos are the same . It's only rec we at the moment .

Is yumi musk the wrong plan ? Should France FF and make goons ?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

they are super broken in team and 1v1 tbh lol
No Flag N3O_Joe
Crossbow

Post by N3O_Joe »

Hazza54321 wrote:they are super broken in team and 1v1 tbh lol
Agreed, Is goon FF best play here or just make br yourself and hope you out lame ?
United States of America Kyo_
Crossbow
ESO: KyoKusanagi

Post by Kyo_ »

Lakota is just a stupid civ. Should just remove The Messenger in Exploration Age. Wouldn't eliminate the threat of Br, but at least would provide some time to breathe and prepare a defense
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Hazza54321 wrote:they are super broken in team and 1v1 tbh lol
But the actual question is: are they a little/much stronger in team than in 1v1? Or is it about even?
I still say they are quite a bit stronger in team compared to 1v1.