Update 13088

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Re: Update 13088

Post by jesus3 »

I don't understand how people can still believe Sweden to be OP right now, especially after those changes.
The Carolean and torp changes make perfect sense, the effects of taking away their hard counter to goons will have to show - but it definitely promotes the use of a wider range of units as well as the map.
The blueberries change is a huge nerf though and I think that could even catapult Sweden into below mid tier.

(All applying to 1v1)
France speedflyer
Dragoon
ESO: speedflyer

Post by speedflyer »

jesus3 wrote:I don't understand how people can still believe Sweden to be OP right now, especially after those changes.
The Carolean and torp changes make perfect sense, the effects of taking away their hard counter to goons will have to show - but it definitely promotes the use of a wider range of units as well as the map.
The blueberries change is a huge nerf though and I think that could even catapult Sweden into below mid tier.

(All applying to 1v1)
maybe i missunderstood the blueberrries change , but how is that a nerf?

EDIT : nvm i got it now , i first thought that it would transform ur first torp berries and also allow you to build blue berries torp. I now think its a way too big nerf for swedes if we also take all the others nerf
I hope Zoi and his team of faithful minions can stop demonizing people
Korea South ssaa22
Musketeer
ESO: Civalian

Post by ssaa22 »

With this patch, it is clear that the early 1vs1 Sweden has become more difficult.
Teamplay and treaty game Sweden has become more powerful with mercenaries available.

This patch doesn't seem to satisfy anyone. LOL
The text may be awkward using a translator, But I hope we can talk a lot about good things. GG
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

I like Swedes now, doesn't seem as one dimensional
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

ssaa22 wrote:With this patch, it is clear that the early 1vs1 Sweden has become more difficult.
Teamplay and treaty game Sweden has become more powerful with mercenaries available.

This patch doesn't seem to satisfy anyone. LOL
It certainly did not made treaty and team Sweden more powerful, they are average in treaty now (mainly because of blueberry nerf). They were completely broken in treaty before.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

ssaa22 wrote: This patch doesn't seem to satisfy anyone. LOL
Drongo can't play full turtle mod so it's a good change ahah
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

One problem I had against Swedes is that they than recover pretty easily from big fights and train a whole new army in just a few seconds, which was such an advantage vs civs that don't have a strong eco-boom. With these changes you'll have to play carefully where you send your units, which you train, and which cards you send first. The era of no vills Sweden has ended.

Still, I think most problems would be solved if their Caroleans just stay 12 range and unlock the charge ability like it was before.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Actually reading the notes there is one sneak china buff in there.

Extensive Fortifications now allows China to build 2, I repeat 2 blockhouses.....after unlocking it from the consulate
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

No matchmaking elo filter = bad update
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag juhjuh
Musketeer
ESO: MIstress_Shy

Post by juhjuh »

Kaiserklein wrote:No matchmaking elo filter = bad update
dont be over critical it anyways is only a problem for maybe 30 players
Macau firstaim
Crossbow

Post by firstaim »

I think most of us get used to Sweden OP booming power and now devs just make them a bit closer to normal then many guys already shouting this civ is dead and unplayable anymore.

I thought this patch is a good start for balance.
Hong Kong lordhung2
Crossbow
ESO: lordhung2

Post by lordhung2 »

Sorry, this suggestion is a little noobie...

but will the developer consider setting units (esp. cannons) having a higher priority in shooting enemy units over buidlings?
Hong Kong lordhung2
Crossbow
ESO: lordhung2

Post by lordhung2 »

And is back herding a bug or intended design? XD
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

lordhung2 wrote:And is back herding a bug or intended design? XD
Intended design, otherwise you could literally herd half the hunts under your tc, or abuse backherding your opponents food

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

lordhung2 wrote:Sorry, this suggestion is a little noobie...

but will the developer consider setting units (esp. cannons) having a higher priority in shooting enemy units over buidlings?
but buildings don't move... just tell your cannons to be less lazy!
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag iamgaming
Musketeer

Post by iamgaming »

firstaim wrote:I think most of us get used to Sweden OP booming power and now devs just make them a bit closer to normal then many guys already shouting this civ is dead and unplayable anymore.

I thought this patch is a good start for balance.
As Sweden had OP booming, it could offset early game weakness and poor unit roster. Having some good things doesn’t always make OP in overall.

lordhung2 wrote:Sorry, this suggestion is a little noobie...

It’s 2021 and a game which doesn’t support that level of AI is a trash.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

if we do that though, then u can bait cannons really easily, the have slow animations as well so u can just send out single units and waste enemy cannon shots that are targeting important buildings
Pakistan comradecommissar
Dragoon
ESO: ComradeCommissar

Post by comradecommissar »

helln00 wrote:if we do that though, then u can bait cannons really easily, the have slow animations as well so u can just send out single units and waste enemy cannon shots that are targeting important buildings
You can just task your cannons to a particular building. It requires a lot more micro to keep doing that with units though, because units die easily, and once the nearest units are dead cannons will start shooting a nearby building in the middle of a fight.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

juhjuh wrote:
Not really
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@comradecommissar
cannons will shoot at military buildings even if units are alive. if you're fighting in enemies base with cannons, you basically have to retask them after every shot, to keep getting that $$$ value
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
No Flag iamgaming
Musketeer

Post by iamgaming »

helln00 wrote:if we do that though, then u can bait cannons really easily, the have slow animations as well so u can just send out single units and waste enemy cannon shots that are targeting important buildings
1. Setting attack priority doesn’t neccesarily make a unit follow an enemey when the enemy leave attack range.

2. Dev can set a unit to shot regardless of attack priority if the unit starts attack animation.

3. If certain building is important, then players will manually target that building.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

juhjuh wrote:
Gotta remember when it reaches 7mins it matches you with anybody searching which ofc causes imbalances at all skill levels
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

iamgaming wrote:
1. Setting attack priority doesn’t neccesarily make a unit follow an enemey when the enemy leave attack range.

2. Dev can set a unit to shot regardless of attack priority if the unit starts attack animation.

3. If certain building is important, then players will manually target that building.
Doodz just be better at apm. Problem solved.

:mrgreen:
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

So a few days ago I vaped some primo Maroc. Since GUA didnt stream I just sat there staring at an empty screen, thinking about how cool it would be if I could make a mod. Instead of getting food from hunts and berries, villagers should collect food from KFC, BK and MacD. They should also somehow need to gather beer bottles.

For coin income they should make computers in order to mine crypto currency. Kinda like Dutch have banks now.

It seemed like a cool idea at the time, ngl.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Execute update 666!
[Sith] - Baphomet