Dutch Openings and Post-Patch MU Discussion Vid

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Germany AndiAOE
Skirmisher
ESO: mk8by8bcity

Re: Dutch Openings and Post-Patch MU Discussion Vid

Post by AndiAOE »

Somewhat related:
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

yeah good stuff there, the math checks out :)
Netherlands xxsix9xx
Crossbow
ESO: Xzyage

Post by xxsix9xx »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Hi Guys

I decided to make a longer video on my thoughts of dutch balance changes, show a new opening and explain how it works and why its so strong i think as well as discussing/showing build variation and discussing pretty much every Match Up dutch has with respect to latest patch notes. This content is probably aimed at the 1200-1700 ELO range mark however i think the Pro scene can still check the build out and discussions to learn some new strats as dutch.

Dont worry im not trying to break into Youtube, just seemed to be an easier think to do than write a long forum thread as compared to start recording without any sense of a script. I think that some people will find this really enjoyable or find it insightful. Many thanks!
I enjoyed your video, I'm a Treaty player only and I tried your marked approuch on Treaty (nine banks in no time with no vils on wood . It worked very good thanks :biggrin: . Exchange rate went over the 200 but who cares when you got so many banks in a short period of time :lol:

The 5 vils extra with the bankcard of Amsterdam and Rotterdam is the long awaited and requested balans for the Dutch in long treaty games. The Dutch eco awalys collapsed for a lot off players (and for a longwhile people did not want to play with a Dutch teammate because of that).
The extra bank introduced on DE did make some changes but was still not good enough, this finally makes it possible to choose some different approaches with the Dutch what makes it more fun. ( before the only choice was eco, eco and eco and a conservative style of fighting).