General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Vietnam duckzilla
Howdah
Posts: 1650

16 Apr 2021, 11:56

blasdg wrote:Their stats in colonial are so bad though, they cost 60F 50C and have 1 more attack than a regular musk.

Many thanks for this crucial information. That's quite expensive.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?
Ceterum censeo Norvegiam habet participes eius divitiis pauperes in hoc mundo.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
Posts: 9522
Location: Paris
GameRanger ID: 5529322

16 Apr 2021, 12:05

blasdg wrote:Their stats in colonial are so bad though, they cost 60F 50C and have 1 more attack than a regular musk.

2 more range on a musk unit and +1 attack is definitely great stats for this cost
Image
Image
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Great Britain Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 7686
ESO: PrinceofBabu

16 Apr 2021, 12:35

2 more range means they should win every musk fight which is a large portion of colonial wars
Germany blasdg
Dragoon
Posts: 220

16 Apr 2021, 14:18

Wait they have 2 more range by default?
Vietnam duckzilla
Howdah
Posts: 1650

29 Apr 2021, 20:01

After finally getting access to the USA via the 50 challenges, I now played them for the first time myself. Was fun. Spammed militia in a 3v3. It was quite confusing and I was a bad teammate at some points because I was horribly distracted by the multiple age-up options. For some age-ups, it took me some minutes to go through it.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?
Ceterum censeo Norvegiam habet participes eius divitiis pauperes in hoc mundo.
No Flag Astaroth
Lancer
Posts: 857

29 Apr 2021, 21:21

Judging from top player performances with them, the US seem pretty weak. Even if they haven't been figured out completely yet.
User avatar
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
Posts: 236
ESO: SsJetstream

29 Apr 2021, 23:37

I've watched look_tom being kited for 6 mins straight on stream, with only Cowboys(Comancheros), the saloon units are underrated, specially on age2.
Australia Peachrocks
Dragoon
Posts: 406
ESO: Peachrocks

30 Apr 2021, 04:16

I unlocked them yesterday. I think there’s a bit to explore and I think the optimal age ups may change based on circumstance. Kinda curious as to what other players have been trying, in my short time I’ve done lots of different builds. I heard 3 cdb is considered standard but little else.
Vietnam duckzilla
Howdah
Posts: 1650

02 May 2021, 12:42

State militia is quite strong, especially late-game. It is rather easy to get to stats like 350hp/40dmg for a unit that is slightly a lot cheaper than a skirm.

Regarding age-ups, I noted that I always do the same ones. Either Virginia or Rhode Island as a first, but afterwards always New Hampshire - South Carolina - Illinois. Rhode Island is particularly strong in team games, imo. You generally have a bit less pressure and can conveniently send more villagers to chop for wood due to cheaper vill production. Combined with State Militia production, this has been quite strong in some matches.

Do you have any suggestions regarding the choice of federal states and some nice strategies surrounding them?
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?
Ceterum censeo Norvegiam habet participes eius divitiis pauperes in hoc mundo.
User avatar
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
Posts: 322
ESO: Plantinator

02 May 2021, 13:01

Well the coin trickle from Penn is very useful for age 2 play. Massachusetts is nice if u wanna start cav to ensure a full batch.
Vietnam duckzilla
Howdah
Posts: 1650

02 May 2021, 13:09

Ah so that is one of the unique improvements in the Meeting House? I guess I will check it out in the evening.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?
Ceterum censeo Norvegiam habet participes eius divitiis pauperes in hoc mundo.
User avatar
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
Posts: 322
ESO: Plantinator

02 May 2021, 17:39

Yeah u get kind of a unique church card with Penn. Coin trickle is free and u get 5 sharpshooters and 5 carabiners u can send in at a food cost.
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
Posts: 12234
Location: USA

02 May 2021, 18:28

Has anyone been able to stop the fatts Russell build with any civ?!? @bwinner @edwardteatx @analworsher9
User avatar
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
Posts: 236
ESO: SsJetstream

03 May 2021, 14:21

After playing a bit with every strategy possible I finally realized whats behind all that "free but long to achieve" techs, buildings and stuff: Slavery.

Cool move devs.
User avatar
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
Posts: 322
ESO: Plantinator

03 May 2021, 15:09

Jets wrote:After playing a bit with every strategy possible I finally realized whats behind all that "free but long to achieve" techs, buildings and stuff: Slavery.

Cool move devs.


Wait what?
No Flag helln00
Lancer
Posts: 770
ESO: helln00

03 May 2021, 15:28

Plantinator wrote:
Jets wrote:After playing a bit with every strategy possible I finally realized whats behind all that "free but long to achieve" techs, buildings and stuff: Slavery.

Cool move devs.


Wait what?


Im guessing he is saying that the techs are free but take a long time to represent the free labour that slavery provided to get the techs but it slows you down in doing so
User avatar
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
Posts: 236
ESO: SsJetstream

03 May 2021, 17:04

Exactly, they played a sneaky on us, they couldn't make it that obvious.
User avatar
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
Posts: 322
ESO: Plantinator

03 May 2021, 17:49

Do u rly think plantation negroes that were regularly whipped worked slowly? Lmao
User avatar
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
Posts: 236
ESO: SsJetstream

03 May 2021, 18:05

Plantinator wrote:Do u rly think plantation negroes that were regularly whipped worked slowly? Lmao

1st of all: Rude.
2nd: I didn't refer to any of that.

Think about the arsenal techs, normally you'd have slightly trained manufacturers under proffessional supervision, thus giving you a normal time and cost of techs research.

But for the US you get a 100% discount, no credit involved, no tax, freely wheely BUT extremely longer to research techs, thus can be translated into no-trained at all slaves under strict supervision, no payment, no secondary costs involved.

It's just my opinion, but it really suits the whole American economic slavery system.
Vietnam duckzilla
Howdah
Posts: 1650

03 May 2021, 18:14

Why would I allow a slave to work with gunpowder? Don't know what happened in America during these times, but I can't imagine giving a slave access to weapons for research purposes, e.g. on paper cartridges, incendiary grenades, socket bayonets, and flint locks.
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?
Ceterum censeo Norvegiam habet participes eius divitiis pauperes in hoc mundo.
User avatar
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
Posts: 322
ESO: Plantinator

03 May 2021, 18:36

Jets wrote:
Plantinator wrote:Do u rly think plantation negroes that were regularly whipped worked slowly? Lmao

1st of all: Rude.
2nd: I didn't refer to any of that.

Think about the arsenal techs, normally you'd have slightly trained manufacturers under proffessional supervision, thus giving you a normal time and cost of techs research.

But for the US you get a 100% discount, no credit involved, no tax, freely wheely BUT extremely longer to research techs, thus can be translated into no-trained at all slaves under strict supervision, no payment, no secondary costs involved.

It's just my opinion, but it really suits the whole American economic slavery system.


1. Where the fuck was i being rude?
2. You did
Australia Peachrocks
Dragoon
Posts: 406
ESO: Peachrocks

04 May 2021, 00:57

Considering the general amnesia certain developers want to have regarding this period and gloss over the horrors the US and others committed during this period. Yeah no. Also no chance they’d allow slaves to work with guns.

Now the line of sight and extra population space on mills and ‘estates’ on the other hand...
User avatar
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
Posts: 236
ESO: SsJetstream

04 May 2021, 20:37

Plantinator wrote:
1. Where the fuck was i being rude?
2. You did


I was refering to that way of sarcasm you posted, sorry. It was a misunderstanding after all.

Peachrocks wrote:Considering the general amnesia certain developers want to have regarding this period and gloss over the horrors the US and others committed during this period. Yeah no. Also no chance they’d allow slaves to work with guns.

Now the line of sight and extra population space on mills and ‘estates’ on the other hand...

Yikes.
User avatar
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
Posts: 322
ESO: Plantinator

04 May 2021, 21:26

Yeah i see now haha
Vietnam duckzilla
Howdah
Posts: 1650

18 minutes ago

gibson wrote:Has anyone been able to stop the fatts Russell build with any civ?!? @bwinner @edwardteatx @analworsher9

What's that?
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra?
Ceterum censeo Norvegiam habet participes eius divitiis pauperes in hoc mundo.

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest