Spain logistician livestock boom

United States of America Abrahamburgerlincon
Crossbow

Spain logistician livestock boom

Post by Abrahamburgerlincon »

Spain logistician is now a viable option and I see people using it for a rush, also see some ATP with it these are somewhat already known by a lot of people by now but what about livestock booming with Spain? Livestock booming is something we have been seeing a lot more recently and the 7 sheep + 1 homestead wagon is affected by the logistician crates.

Card order: 3vil-7 sheep+1 homestead wagon-300 wood -more crates

Age 1: build a tp, chop 100 wood, otherwise build a market, gather 50 wood,50gold (treasures help) send 3 vil

Transition: chop 300 wood build 2 houses (if you did market start you can chop extra for steel traps) once the age up bar is past the letter “I” send 7 sheep+ homestead wagon, distribute villagers on food and gold, macro for musketeers

Age 2:you should have saved 100 wood during transition and you’ll get another 100 from the 7 sheep+ homestead wagon is timed properly. This adds to 200, with this build a rax. Next shipment is 300 wood for another house and either a market if you didn’t to market start, a second rax, or stable for musk Huss age 2 from here the build is up to you! I like to send 300 wood again for a third production building because when you eventually eat the livestock you will be able to spam units very fast, if you get a livestock map and get at least 6 of your own livestock, consider sending 7sheep+ 1 homestead wagon again to have 20 livestock fatting for maximum greed!
not a Rick roll, promise :hehe:
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer
ESO: Peachrocks

Re: Spain logistician livestock boom

Post by Peachrocks »

Sheep fatten rather slowly. I have used llamas with logistican for extra value which are significantly better, especially on livestock maps where the sheep clog up livestock pens with their slow fatten rate. You can go extra greedy and get the fatten card too. It’s situational but allows for boomy options Spain isn’t normally known for.
Crossbow

Peachrocks wrote:Sheep fatten rather slowly. I have used llamas with logistican for extra value which are significantly better, especially on livestock maps where the sheep clog up livestock pens with their slow fatten rate. You can go extra greedy and get the fatten card too. It’s situational but allows for boomy options Spain isn’t normally known for.

Yes this build is intended for maps that already have livestock on it, so that you can add more animals to the pen, the pen comes with the 7 sheep but yeah, if you can get better livestock use it and you can put the sheep after your better livestock is fully fattened. I don’t really think the fatten card is that great unless you scout good and get a large amount of livestock. I consider this build a greedy timing attack because once I eat my livestock I like to spam loads of units from 3 production buildings. This is definitely a very niche build, but I feel that it can be good against an age 2 boom or a more passive semi ff.
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

The fatten card changes fatten times by about a minute or more. Normally sure not worth but you get 400 res if you send it. Same with the card that enables llamas. Used both a bit with Mexico and Argentina builds.
Crossbow

Peachrocks wrote:The fatten card changes fatten times by about a minute or more. Normally sure not worth but you get 400 res if you send it. Same with the card that enables llamas. Used both a bit with Mexico and Argentina builds.
When you put it like that, it sounds like a relatively good option if you think your opponent will go greedy. Probably would want to send it right after the sheep+homestead wagon. I think it would work good if you are confident that delaying your 300wood (and thus your second rax) will be safe. So probably against ports, Dutch or usa
Australia Peachrocks
Lancer

Post by Peachrocks »

Abrahamburgerlincon wrote:
Peachrocks wrote:The fatten card changes fatten times by about a minute or more. Normally sure not worth but you get 400 res if you send it. Same with the card that enables llamas. Used both a bit with Mexico and Argentina builds.
When you put it like that, it sounds like a relatively good option if you think your opponent will go greedy. Probably would want to send it right after the sheep+homestead wagon. I think it would work good if you are confident that delaying your 300wood (and thus your second rax) will be safe. So probably against ports, Dutch or usa
In some cases its honestly worth not sending the 6 sheep+pen. Instead ship the growth increase and/or enable llamas and build the pen yourself. Sheep are honestly that bad and probably need a buff, especially the ones you train for 100 food but meh.

I've played with this option against civs that like to deny hunt and force more defensive style, which also makes CM an option. Is it viable? Probably not, but it's more fun for me. Especially as I said the end goal is revolting Mexico or Argentina, both of which can eat any herdables on revolt, get access to cows (which are REALLY strong) and their best units cost only food.