Jan/Abus Age2 or FF

India Veer_84
Musketeer

Jan/Abus Age2 or FF

Post by Veer_84 »

Are Jan/Abus Age 2 combo or the Jan Falc FF equally good? Or when you may choose one over the other? I've heard that when there is no TP, you would go straight for age 3. But when you have a good TP map, which strategy is better? And against which opponent civ?
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Re: Jan/Abus Age2 or FF

Post by Squamiger »

if there's no TP, I think you want to play age 2. FF usually depends on fast shipments, which you need a TP for
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

@Guigs guess whats the call here
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

I'm not sure how Ottoman is designed to play in DE. Traditional jan rush/jan abus/FF/revolt are nerfed a lot, while I didn't think a smooth eco semi (this should be the designed "meta" ?) is available against most civs.
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

It seems to me that the go-to strategy is some sort of stagecoach build, usually into a (semi) FF. But this only works on some maps and in some MUs.

I feel that Otto are fairly weak or average with a normal/low TP amount. But maybe I'm wrong.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Depends on the matchup. Generally, you will want to go for jan/abus pressure on low-resource maps against a civilization which you can force into the colonial age. This, however, is rarely the case on DE. The traditional jan falc FF is still very strong and hard to deal with. It works against most things outside of the highest levels.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you don't know what to do, in most MUs, open jan abus if they open rax, or jan huss if they open stable. Try to abuse the fact you get a 2 unit composition and a strong mass so early to deal damage and/or secure stagecoach. You often want to age at some point after that, but sometimes you just stay colo and add the 3rd unit.

Tower ff is another option if you don't know what to do, but it's honestly just trash usually, on top of being extremely easy for your opponent to scout. It will work if they don't adapt or micro poorly basically, but that's about it, except in a few MUs.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
India Veer_84
Musketeer

Post by Veer_84 »

Kaiserklein wrote:If you don't know what to do, in most MUs, open jan abus if they open rax, or jan huss if they open stable. Try to abuse the fact you get a 2 unit composition and a strong mass so early to deal damage and/or secure stagecoach. You often want to age at some point after that, but sometimes you just stay colo and add the 3rd unit.

Tower ff is another option if you don't know what to do, but it's honestly just trash usually, on top of being extremely easy for your opponent to scout. It will work if they don't adapt or micro poorly basically, but that's about it, except in a few MUs.
I also tend to like the 10 janissary semi-ff build. It really combines the best of age 2 play and age 3 play and keeps my opponent guessing whether I'm committing to age 2 or going for age 3. I'm also noticing this build being used more often in DE pro matches.
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer
Clan: ArC

Post by Adribird »

Kaiserklein wrote:If you don't know what to do, in most MUs, open jan abus if they open rax, or jan huss if they open stable. Try to abuse the fact you get a 2 unit composition and a strong mass so early to deal damage and/or secure stagecoach. You often want to age at some point after that, but sometimes you just stay colo and add the 3rd unit.

Va Inca? Chimu has a good bonus vs artillery. They don't have the snare effect .
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Adribird wrote:

Va Inca? Chimu has a good bonus vs artillery. They don't have the snare effect .
hard MU
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Adribird wrote:

Idk that MU, maybe you want to ff there. Anyway abus guns aren't "artillery" so I doubt chimus have a bonus vs them. And the fact chimu don't snare means it's probably hard for incas to kill jan abus
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

I wonder if you can defense mode some jans and abus together to surround the abus with the jans, but apparently the game treats them as the same class of units, which kinda sucks
No Flag Adribird
Musketeer
Clan: ArC

Post by Adribird »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Adribird wrote:

Idk that MU, maybe you want to ff there. Anyway abus guns aren't "artillery" so I doubt chimus have a bonus vs them. And the fact chimu don't snare means it's probably hard for incas to kill jan abus

I was not referring to the abus gun logically, but to the falconets where a mass of chimus can destroy them and leave because they do not have the snare effect.

I have tried Janis and abus and the Junglebowman and chimú combo prevails.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Tbf how much eco damage can jan abus realistically do whilst inca buys time with chimu raiding and bowmen shooting
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Abus don't work well in this MU cus they die too fast under enemy TC. You don't hurt Inca eco; you hurt your own eco instead.
India Veer_84
Musketeer

Post by Veer_84 »

fei123456 wrote:Abus don't work well in this MU cus they die too fast under enemy TC. You don't hurt Inca eco; you hurt your own eco instead.
Looks like a huss/Jan combo may work better. FF would give more time to the Incas to boom, perhaps.