Cooking

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Re: Cooking

Post by knusch »

onfiregun17 wrote:
QueenOfdestiny wrote:Das sieht sehr gut aus "looks really good! " :shock:
Thanks! I'm actually American so it feels pretty good to get complimented on my German cooking from an actual German :)
excuse me? aint called "WIENERschnitzel" for no reason :P
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

Ok so here's some actual German food this time around, as that's what all the cool kids are cooking: Nürnberger bratwürstchen, rotkohl, and käsespätzle. And of course a liter of Spaten to help choke it down :hehe:

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

German foods reminds me of times when travel was still possible.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

onfiregun17 wrote:Ok so here's some actual German food this time around, as that's what all the cool kids are cooking: Nürnberger bratwürstchen, rotkohl, and käsespätzle. And of course a liter of Spaten to help choke it down :hehe:

I love Germany, speak german fluently and I have been there a few times but that is disgusting :sad:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

I tried cooking but lately i've just been throwing a bunch of ingredients together and hoping it works. I'm not sure if this is cooking. All I need to remember is to restock on stuff every week.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

What's the yellow-whitish stuff even. Pasta cooked with some cheese in it?
Idk about mixin pasta with sausages..
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Dolan wrote:What's the yellow-whitish stuff even. Pasta cooked with some cheese in it?
Idk about mixin pasta with sausages..
I am a professional chef so everytime I see something like this it makes me cringe really hard.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Jotunir wrote:I am a professional chef
What's the best way to fry meat?
- in its own fat/juice
- using butter
- using cooking oil
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

Dolan wrote:
Jotunir wrote:I am a professional chef
What's the best way to fry meat?
- in its own fat/juice
- using butter
- using cooking oil
It depends on the type of meat employed, but generally in it's own fat it's better flavour-wise. There are exceptions of course.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

spoiler
Beef stew. Weirdly proud of this one
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Not quite my cooking, but a video of me going to a nice resturant in India 3 years ago

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

damn wish i could cook. Cant remember the last time i had something that wasn't chicken and rice
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Some additional cooking adventures:

Gnocchi with pesto sauce

This was decent. It was extremely difficult to figure out when to stop kneading the dough (it never felt ready) and we ended up with about four times as much dough as was needed. Tasted good in the end. Probably doesn't score high enough on the effort/reward ratio to do again compared to regular pasta but was fun.
picture
Blueberry pancakes

My mother's recipe, this was a good one.
picture
Chicken tagine and tahdig/jeweled rice

This one turned out great. Small story time:

When I last went to Spain I purchased four jars of saffron. One I gave to my grandparents, one I gave to my parents, one I gave to Angela and Mart as a thank you for hosting me in the Netherlands, and one I kept for myself. I made some regular saffron rice with it a couple of times and it turned out okay, but not great, so I had saffron sitting around that I couldn't make good use of. Fast forward nearly two years and a friend and I are discussing unusual food combinations. We get to the topic of cinnamon and she mentions a Moroccan chicken dish that has a sweet cinnamon flavor to it, and I don't catch the dish name so when I try searching for "Moroccan cinnamon chicken" I stumble upon chicken tagine, which looks quite good. The correct Moroccan cinnamon chicken dish is actually called chicken pastilla, which I haven't made but have since eaten and it's definitely unusual but very good - it's like a pie with chicken as a filling, but has a sweet-savory mix due to cinnamon and powdered sugar. It works better as an appetizer to share with multiple people than a main dish, but it was a good experience. Anyway, I didn't make that, I made chicken tagine. And tahdig had been something that I wanted to try for a while and it seemed like a good fit to go with chicken tagine, so I made both.

My housemate and I have agreed that this is the best thing we've made (bibimbap is a close second or perhaps my personal favorite). The chicken has a spice mixture that includes cinnamon, paprika, cumin, lemon zest, and more, and is additionally augmented with olives, carrots, and onions. It's a highly savory flavor with a little bit of spice (not that hot) and is balanced perfectly with the tahdig, which is a fruity mix of saffron rice and pomegranate, apricot, cranberry, and a lot of butter.

10/10 would make again.
pictures
Barbecued stuff

Got a free grill from our neighbors so this has been fun.
pictures
Bibimbap again

Never disappoints
pictures
Chicken tagine and tahdig again

Just as good the second time.
pictures
duck
:mds:
imo
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

eating chips and looking at these photos. looking fine
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

1.254kg pork ribs on the BBQ in 30 minutes. Cold beers are in the fridge, ready for consumption.
[Sith] - Baphomet