This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor
ESO: Princeofcarthage

07 Jun 2021, 12:04

occamslightsaber wrote:How many mods have there been in the history of ESOC?

I have tackled constant threats from edehollands family to this community.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

07 Jun 2021, 12:07

pecelot wrote:personally I still believe that words are just words, especially online, coming from strangers. But using derogatory terms just because you can or to provoke a certain reaction may just not be appropriate.
It seems that almost universally, people come to this realization somewhere in their twenties at the latest.
Can you point to a specific event or series of events in your life that made you reconsider your view on this, which I assume was different some years ago?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

07 Jun 2021, 14:14

Uff, no, not really. I think it's just come with time. The more frequently I thought about it, the more perspectives presented themselves, and while at first making fun of “fagottini” was just that — making fun, after some consideration you realise it's just not necessary. Even if it's allowed, because technically it's not “faggot”, it also comes down to etiquette: one's better off just not throwing such things at people, potentially insulting them.
:idea:
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

07 Jun 2021, 15:01

having power on a game forum must feel great
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Romania Dolan
Gendarme

07 Jun 2021, 15:16

Now imagine wanting to be "the leader" over 15 gamers on a forum.
Turkey breeze
Jaeger
Donator 01

07 Jun 2021, 15:26

did you have pleasure after banning many diarouga smurfs? @pecelot
Kaiserklein wrote:my only satisfaction was laming 2 of breeze vils with the inca pike

Kaiserklein wrote:I'm not gonna stream for a community which accepts breeze in it
2ndlieüténant wrote:Organ guns unpack béttér
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

07 Jun 2021, 16:12

Hum...? Plenty!
Latvia harcha
Jaeger
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

07 Jun 2021, 16:13

who are you
princeofcarthage wrote:remember Prince warned about it years ago
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

07 Jun 2021, 18:03

I can't wrap my head around the fact that the Pennsylvania-based terrorist organization has not been dissolved yet.
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

07 Jun 2021, 18:04

Djigit wrote:I can't wrap my head around the fact that the Pennsylvania-based terrorist organization has not been dissolved yet.
tbh
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

07 Jun 2021, 19:46

we were secretly counting on the ESOC Council to take care of it for us :idea:
United States of America occamslightsaber
ESOC Media Team
ESO: L1BERTYPR1ME

07 Jun 2021, 20:06

princeofcarthage wrote:

wat
The scientific term for China creating free units is Mitoe-sis.

I intend all my puns.
Pakistan comradecommissar
Skirmisher
ESO: ComradeCommissar

07 Jun 2021, 22:51

Dolan wrote:@Imperial Noob
Nothing wrong with that. It's a common reflex for people to revisit their past and retrofit their current, changed self to their past self, so that they don't feel so cringe about their past.
But maybe it's better to keep it cringe, because that's what makes you want to grow out of it.

Will you have this experience soon?
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

08 Jun 2021, 01:05

occamslightsaber wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:

wat

There was a time when edehollandsbrother, sister and entire family made accounts (Not really them but trolls) and posted insults of such quality not even an ISIS terrorist locked up in shit hole in guantanamo bay could think of. Whenever I was online and it happened I instantly deleted and banned those users. Unfortunately this was not appreciated by members of the green carpet community. They prefered it stayed online until such time that everyone could read it or the superior members of the superior race i.e green carpet community could come as guardians of ESOC flashing their greenish eyes and nuking the threads and trollers into oblivion.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

08 Jun 2021, 07:37

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes

wat

There was a time when edehollandsbrother, sister and entire family made accounts (Not really them but trolls) and posted insults of such quality not even an ISIS terrorist locked up in shit hole in guantanamo bay could think of. Whenever I was online and it happened I instantly deleted and banned those users. Unfortunately this was not appreciated by members of the green carpet community. They prefered it stayed online until such time that everyone could read it or the superior members of the superior race i.e green carpet community could come as guardians of ESOC flashing their greenish eyes and nuking the threads and trollers into oblivion.

the fuck you smoking
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

08 Jun 2021, 08:10

Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

08 Jun 2021, 08:16

AKA edepoland

InsectPoison wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

the fuck you smoking

he must have inhaled you
ESOC Media Team

08 Jun 2021, 08:48

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes

wat

When and how did you become a mod?

I intend all my puns.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

08 Jun 2021, 09:05

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes

wat

There was a time when edehollandsbrother, sister and entire family made accounts (Not really them but trolls) and posted insults of such quality not even an ISIS terrorist locked up in shit hole in guantanamo bay could think of.
To be fair being locked up there is probably not great for creativity and ISIS terrorists aren't known for their high-quality insults. I can't think of an occasion where an ISIS terrorist insulted someone and I was like "Oh damn. Figurative burn." It's not really a high bar.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

08 Jun 2021, 09:43

edeholland wrote:Isn't @pecelot @edehollandsbrother ?

you bet, brother :geek:

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes

wat

I think historically separate staff branches didn't appreciate meddling with each other's responsibilities — which makes sense.
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

08 Jun 2021, 13:32

Goodspeed wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

There was a time when edehollandsbrother, sister and entire family made accounts (Not really them but trolls) and posted insults of such quality not even an ISIS terrorist locked up in shit hole in guantanamo bay could think of.
To be fair being locked up there is probably not great for creativity and ISIS terrorists aren't known for their high-quality insults. I can't think of an occasion where an ISIS terrorist insulted someone and I was like "Oh damn. Figurative burn." It's not really a high bar.

I mean how do you know? You been there? Well I have been never. My inspiration was movies, and they always seem to say the shittiest and worst of things in movies.. so I presumed.
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

08 Jun 2021, 13:32

occamslightsaber wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

L2R
ESOC Media Team

08 Jun 2021, 20:22

princeofcarthage wrote:
occamslightsaber wrote:
Show hidden quotes

L2R

So you weren’t on the community team? “Superior members of the superior race” makes it sound like you were on the team, but just got sidelined by more senior members. Why meddle in their affairs then? I’m guessing some kind of power trip.

I intend all my puns.
Malawi princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

08 Jun 2021, 20:46

Afaik I never had any power trip.

Forum Info

Return to “ESOC Talk”