Canada dansil92
ESOC Maps Team
ESO: dansil92

02 Jun 2021, 23:34

Plantinator wrote:Well lets be honest shrines seemed a lot better when torps werent around

i hate swedens design so much
Squamiger wrote: the game is won in the trenches of posting on esoc, where true warriors are forged
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

03 Jun 2021, 08:58

I actually really like the concept of torps but it might still be to strong. Maybe nerf torp build limit?
No Flag helln00
Lancer
ESO: helln00

03 Jun 2021, 11:53

Plantinator wrote:I actually really like the concept of torps but it might still be to strong. Maybe nerf torp build limit?

I think it might be better to cap build limit with age, maybe only 5-7 torps in age 2.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

03 Jun 2021, 11:58

So you can only get 80 pop in age 2? Torps are fine now honestly, the only issue with sweden is they basically rely entirely on getting to age 4 and getting svea lifeguard which is insane
mad cuz bad
No Flag helln00
Lancer
ESO: helln00

03 Jun 2021, 12:42

I am entirely flexible on what that number might be, 10 might work as well, but I do think that considering they are meant to be a more short term source of income compared to shrines, capping their maximum output is a good way of balancing it.

Or better yet, maybe make it like otto, make it a cheap-ish church tech.

And since long term they do seem a bit crap, I dont think you want to just reduce their overall build limit like with inca either.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

03 Jun 2021, 13:14

n0el wrote:So you can only get 80 pop in age 2? Torps are fine now honestly, the only issue with sweden is they basically rely entirely on getting to age 4 and getting svea lifeguard which is insane

torps arent fine at all, but I guess its too late to ask for a civ redesign.
Germany Plantinator
Dragoon
ESO: Plantinator

03 Jun 2021, 13:37

My suggestion would be 15 torps each giving 12 Pop so u have a max of 190 in age 2 (which rarely mattes tbh).
Then prob change dominions which is just a useless card right now so that it doesnt give extra hp but 5 Wagons (which is still not even 700 res for age 3 shipment) and increase build limit to 16.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Lancer
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

03 Jun 2021, 16:37

A possibility would be to make their mercs cost half gold, half food. That would solve their composition issues and they could be balanced around that.
diarouga : "Which is more important, strategy or mechanics? Build orders, or cute hussar micro ?"
Hazza : "Don't know but my hussar micro is sexy as fuck."
United States of America kevthegooner
Crossbow
ESO: Henry_Knox

08 Jun 2021, 14:05

bremhoek wrote:Against Dutch i won like all my matches with this build, i like it much against them (go yumi nagi or yumi yabasume).

Yeah, when I read Dansil's initial post I thought, "Oh, this is the anti-Dutch BO." I will give it a try!
United States of America kevthegooner
Crossbow
ESO: Henry_Knox

09 Jun 2021, 15:31

I have played this build order several times now, and here is what I like about it: flexibility and unpredictability. I have found too many Japan BOs to be easy to counter. Shrine boom? Build pikes. Ashi spam? Spam anti-infantry. I know that a lot of that is due to my limited abilities (~1100 ELO) but I often felt sort of "locked" in with other BOs.

This BO also offers some unpredictability. Opening with Nagis then switching to yumi/yabu feels like great tempo.

Thanks Dansil! Keep those wacky BOs coming! ;-)
Canada dansil92
ESOC Maps Team
ESO: dansil92

09 Jun 2021, 20:09

kevthegooner wrote:I have played this build order several times now, and here is what I like about it: flexibility and unpredictability. I have found too many Japan BOs to be easy to counter. Shrine boom? Build pikes. Ashi spam? Spam anti-infantry. I know that a lot of that is due to my limited abilities (~1100 ELO) but I often felt sort of "locked" in with other BOs.

This BO also offers some unpredictability. Opening with Nagis then switching to yumi/yabu feels like great tempo.

Thanks Dansil! Keep those wacky BOs coming! ;-)

thank you for the feedback! I have been appreciating the flexibility too, I might have some small tweaks or variations to the build order that gets a significantly faster ageup, though it does kill the possibility of opening nagi. Still testing it out though. In any case, I love having strong eco right away and getting some momentum immediately into age 2. Keep me posted if you find any improvements to the build :)
Squamiger wrote: the game is won in the trenches of posting on esoc, where true warriors are forged

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”