Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Re: Arsenal & advanced arsenal discussion

Post by aligator92 »

Jotunir wrote:
aligator92 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Came to my mind when I was playing germany. I have the colonial cav upgrades in my standard deck but you don't really use those against Sweden. 3 Dopps is also questionable vs Sweden
Military drummers is nice and isn't so expensive (150 :wood: 150 :coin: ). But you must also include the cost opportunity of a shipment and an arsenal(700 resources for an age 2 shipment + 250 :wood: ). it's very costly, just for 10% faster infantry.
Well I would only get it in late fortress when I have nothing else I want to send and by that time I will already have made the arsenal to get CIR. And given that Sweden will make nothing but Caroleans and artillery, the additional Speed on the skirms could prove to be more useful than a 9 Uhlan shipment. And the HP and Atk ups for Skirms is also nice when you have the eco to afford it.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

aligator92 wrote:
Jotunir wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Military drummers is nice and isn't so expensive (150 :wood: 150 :coin: ). But you must also include the cost opportunity of a shipment and an arsenal(700 resources for an age 2 shipment + 250 :wood: ). it's very costly, just for 10% faster infantry.
Well I would only get it in late fortress when I have nothing else I want to send and by that time I will already have made the arsenal to get CIR. And given that Sweden will make nothing but Caroleans and artillery, the additional Speed on the skirms could prove to be more useful than a 9 Uhlan shipment. And the HP and Atk ups for Skirms is also nice when you have the eco to afford it.
Then the shipment would still cost you 1000 resources because you are sending it on age 3. Skirm upgrades are nice, don't get me wrong, but I think that for that cost you can also build/send something else from the HC. :hmm:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

if you're going as far as to make decks for specific matchups and maps, then you can find the place for niche cards as you can guestimate which ones are not necessary. i don't see a problem with having a couple of lategame cards if you've considered the opportunity cost.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

harcha wrote:if you're going as far as to make decks for specific matchups and maps, then you can find the place for niche cards as you can guestimate which ones are not necessary. i don't see a problem with having a couple of lategame cards if you've considered the opportunity cost.
True, as a late game card it's indeed useful. I personally like AA, the problem is that for most of the game it's not cost effective to send it.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

if you need speed on skirms against caro as ger, why not just send the church card and get tilly's discipline? its more speed then advanced arsenal, its "free" as long as you are only sending unit shipments and potentially you can get free merc shipments as well.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

helln00 wrote:if you need speed on skirms against caro as ger, why not just send the church card and get tilly's discipline? its more speed then advanced arsenal, its "free" as long as you are only sending unit shipments and potentially you can get free merc shipments as well.
Well that is the crux. If we are talking about late fortress, your army is mostly trained units so the cost increase that comes with tilly's discipline is an issue. So I would prefer the arsenal. But I don't have much experience with either card
Argentina Jotunir
Howdah

Post by Jotunir »

aligator92 wrote:
helln00 wrote:if you need speed on skirms against caro as ger, why not just send the church card and get tilly's discipline? its more speed then advanced arsenal, its "free" as long as you are only sending unit shipments and potentially you can get free merc shipments as well.
Well that is the crux. If we are talking about late fortress, your army is mostly trained units so the cost increase that comes with tilly's discipline is an issue. So I would prefer the arsenal. But I don't have much experience with either card
AA also gives other upgrades that are useful as the game gets longer. The german church card is much worse than AA.
Sure, it's effect is double of what military drummers gives, but it comes with a serious drawback. Increasing the price of your infantry is not good at all.