Minor Native Civ Techs Reference Guide

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Minor Native Civ Techs Reference Guide

Post by Squamiger »

I just wanted to compile this list mainly for my own sake, as a reference to become more familiar with what the native minor civs get you with trading posts, and since other lists make you click through different civs and many pages to find the info you want. I wanted to be able to see it all at once. But instead of making it a word document I figured I would post it here.

All these techs basically cost between 100-500 res, so I didn't bother listing their costs. If you want to make a build that features really tight macro to get one of these techs, I imagine you can look it up yourself. Normally I find myself getting a nat tp in mid-late fortress when it looks like the game is a stalemate and is going to go into later stages, so I generally don't think much about the resource costs.

I've commented on some of the techs that seem truly worth it and even OP, to me. Let me know if I've missed anything or if anything is out of date.

I've also listed which maps of the 1v1 standard map quicksearch map pool have which natives. Nootka and Klamath are not currently available on any of the 1v1 maps in quick search. Sufi, Shaolin, and Comanche are the most numerous natives, featuring on 3 maps each. Udasi, Navajo, Maya, Jesuit, Huron, Cree, Cheyenne, and Apache all feature on 2 maps each. Bhakti, Carib, Cherokee, Mapuche, Seminole, Tupi, Zapotec, and Zen all feature on 1 map each.

From my calculations, it seems like the best maps to go natives with in general are Baja California and Mexico. These two maps are incredibly weighted toward the best natives with the best techs. They get you the incredibly powerful Maya, Navajo, Apache, with Zapotec as well on Mexico. Ozarks also gives you a lot of options with Cherokee, Cheyenne, and Comanche, but these aren't quite as strong except for Comanche, which is definitely S or A tier.

Florida is a good map for archer civs, with Seminole and Carib.

Huron is a must on Saguenay and New England, for water booming.

American Natives

Apache: on Baja California and Mexico
units: Apache Cavalry, dragoon unit
-Villagers get +15% hit points and +15% speed
-Military units get +5% speed. Seems very worth it.
-Apache Cavalry get +2.0x multiplier against villagers

Carib: on Florida
units: Carib Blowgunner, short range skirmisher unit.
-Melee infantry and archers get +10% attack -Decent for some civs
-Archers get +1.0x multiplier against villagers
-Heroes can train Carib Ambushers
-Upgrades Carib Blowgunners and Ambushers to Feast Warriors (+50% hit points); requires Champion Carib

Cherokee: on Ozarks
units: Cherokee Rifleman, skirmisher unit.
-Native warriors get +20% speed
-Ships 4 Settlers - seems nice, not sure if worth 200w 200c + 200w for cost of TP though.
-Dock, Market, Mill, Farm, Rice Paddy and Plantation improvements (except Selective Breeding, Armor Plating, Carronade, Percussion Lock, Ship's Howitzers, Large Scale Gathering, Deforestation, Excessive Tribute and Big Buttons) cost no wood

Cheyenne: on Great Plains and Ozarks
units: Cheyenne Rider, a melee cav that does decently against light infantry, and has multipliers vs. cavalry.
-Ships 12 Bisons - Can be very nice if you're turtling or contained.
-Cavalry, light infantry, and Forbidden Army train time -25%; Standard Army, Mongolian Army, Ming Army, and Imperial Army train time -12%
-Cheyenne Riders get +2.0x multiplier against cavalry

Comanche: on Ozarks, Colorado, and Great Plains
units: Comanche Horse Archer, an anti-cav mounted archer.
-Improvements cost -10% coin
-Cavalry and light infantry get +10% hit points
-Cavalry get +10% speed - Both these cav techs from Comanche seem really good.

Cree: on Dakota and Saguenay
units: Cree Tracker, a skirmisher unit. Also, cree CDBs are French villagers with a limit of 5.
-can train Cree CDBs, which is the main reason you get this nat tp. Great for greedy play.
-Infantry, cavalry, and light infantry get +5% hit points
-Native warrior and Cree Coureur des Bois train time -45%
-Buildings cost 10% less resources, build time -25%

Huron: on Saguenay and New England
units: Huron mantlet, high siege unit with high ranged resist.
-Huron Mantlet train limit +200%
-Ships 1 Huron Mantlet for every 2 minutes the game has passed, up to 30 minutes
-Fishing Boats, Caravels/Galleys/War Junks/Fune, Canoes, War Canoes, Tlaloc Canoes, and Marathan Catamarans gather 20% faster. This is only 75w, 75c, really insane tech for fish booming.

Klamath: not on any current 1v1 qs maps
units: Klamath Rifleman, a skirmisher unit.
-Settlers, Coureurs des Bois, Settler Wagons, and Villagers gather 5% faster - Decent
-Ships 100 food for every 3 minutes the game has passed, up to 30 minutes
-Klamath Riflemen get +25% attack

Mapuche: on Pampas Sierras
units: Mapuche Ironwood Clubman, a pike/halberdier style unit, and Mapuche Bolas Rider, a dragoon unit with a slow effect and area damage.
-All units cost -10% coin
-Melee infantry get +50% siege attack - Could be great if you're going for halbs, rods, pikes, changdao, skull knights, etc. For super siegers.
-Ships 100 coin for every 2 minutes the game has passed, up to 30 minutes

Maya: on Baja California and Mexico
units: Holcan Spearman, a pike unit with good siege.
-Melee infantry get +20% hit points - That's a pretty beefy boost to melee infantry. Seems really good for China with Changdao or Spain with rods.
-Settlers, Coureurs des Bois, Settler Wagons, and Villagers gather food 10% faster. Pretty great as well. Maya seem top tier.

Navajo: on Baja California and Mexico
units: Navajo Rifleman, a skirmisher unit.
-Infantry and cavalry get +5% hit points - Pretty decent.
-Livestock fattens 100% faster, and 30% faster when tasked to Livestock Pens, Farms, and Villages; Indian livestock generates XP 30% faster when tasked to Sacred Fields; Japanese livestock contributes 35% more to Shrines' resource/XP trickle. Situationally pretty good.
-All coin gathering (but not trickles) is 20% faster. Holy shit, this is basically like a Royal Mint card that stacks on top of other coin gathering upgrades. Nutty.

Nootka: not on any current 1v1 qs maps
units: Nootka Clubman, a pike/halberd style unit.
-Villagers get +50% hit points. Fun for troll builds with France going this + northwest passage + pioneers + wilderness warfare.
-Nootka Clubmen cost -10% and train time -50%
-Spawns a Nootka War Chief, and enables Nootka Settlements, Native Embassies and Heroes to retrain him.

Seminole: on Florida
units: Seminole Archer, an archer / aenna style unit that can be made good a sieging with a tech.
-Seminole Sharktooth Bowmen get +3.0x multiplier against buildings
-Archers get +15% attack. Decent for archer civs.

Tupi: on Gran Chaco
units: Blackwood Archer, an archer unit with modifiers vs. heavy infantry.
-Archers get +10% attack - Good for archer civs.
-Buildings cost -20% wood
-Town Centers can train Buttercup the Pet Cougars

Zapotec: on Mexico
units:Lightning Warrior, works like a Jaguar Prowl Knight. Multipliers vs. heavy infantry and cavalry, and good siege.
-Ships 100 wood for every 2 minutes the game has passed, up to 30 minutes
-Melee infantry get +20% attack - Really great for Spain/China/Aztec, other civs with melee units.
-Settlers, Coureurs des Bois, Settler Wagons, and Villagers gather food 10% faster - Also quite nice.

Asian Natives

Bhakti: on Himalayas
units: Tiger Claw, a hand shock infantry, like a coyote runner.
-Infantry, light infantry and cavalry get +5% attack
-Tiger Claws get +50% hit points
-Settlers, Coureurs des Bois, Settler Wagons, and Villagers gather from Berry Bushes 40% faster. On Dhaka it's extremely good, idk about anywhere else

Jesuits: on Korea and Malaysia
units: Conquistador, a dragoon unit.
-Buildings get +20% hit points
-Gunpowder units get +30% siege attack - This seems like a pretty great overlooked tech, if you're going for muskets or skirms. It's basically like that Russian card that gives your infantry more siege damage.
-Villager train time -15%

Shaolin: on Central Plain, Manchuria, and Mongolia
units: Rattan Shield. A fast hand shock infantry unit like a coyote runner. Good against skirms.
-Ranged infantry get +25% melee attack Here's the answer for cassador melee attack being too weak, I see you breeze
-Settlers, Coureurs des Bois, Settler Wagons, and Villagers gather wood 20% faster - Pretty good, basically just a free exotic hardwoods card.
-Rattan Shields get +50% attack - Good for China if you ship them.

Sufi: on Mongolia, Fertile Crescent, and Malaysia
units: War Elephant, similar to a mahout lancer.
-Ships 1 Fattened Goat for every 2 minutes the game has passed, up to 30 minutes
-Villager (and Fishing Boats) get -40% hit points but Settlers, Coureurs des Bois, Settler Wagons, and Villagers gather 10% faster. Good once you are walled up with mills and estates and don't need to worry about being raided.
-Villager train limit +10% - Also good for lategame

Udasi: on Punjab and Himalayas
units: Chakram. Ranged heavy infantry unit, with area damage. 50% ranged resist. Multipliers vs. heavy infantry, negative against light infantry. Kind of a grenadier unit.
-Heroes get +50% hit points - Could be quite nice, possibly an underrated tech for big fights where you slam that explorer in cover mode.
-Settlers, Coureurs des Bois, Settler Wagons and Villagers gather from Mills, Farms, Rice Paddies, and Plantations 10% faster; Livestock fattens 10% faster when tasked to Livestock Pens, Farms, and Villages; Indian livestock generates XP 10% faster when tasked to Sacred Fields; Japanese livestock contributes 10% more to Shrine's resource/XP trickle - Quite a nice lategame boost.
-Chakrams get +4 LOS and +4 range
Zen Temple: on Hokkaido
units: Sohei, a pike unit.
-Gives 1,000 XP - this is almost mercantilism, for 700 resources.
-Melee infantry get +10% attack
-Unit upgrades cost -20%

African Natives

Berbers definitely a top tier nat civ, with berber vills
units: Berber Camel Rider, a true melee dragoon. Counter heavy cav in melee, dies to skirms.
-Can train Berber settlers, which are better at gathering natural resources than farming on mills or estates
-Can train a salt camel, giving a coin mine that gathers slowly
-Zenata Riders, Berber Camel Riders and the Berber Sultan get the Musket Attack charged ability
-Villager hit points +35%; Berber Nomads get +5.0× and +3.4× multiplier against cavalry and shock infantry, respectively
-Ships the Berber Sultan
-Gives a trickle of coin based on total food and wood (0.001 coin per food + wood; min. 1 coin, max. 4 coin)
-Mills, Estates, Farms, Rice Paddies, and Fields reduce the speed of enemy military units around them by 30%

Akan gold prospector mine is really good and underused i think
units: Akan Ankobia, a heavy infantry musket unit with area damage.
-Ships the Akan Tufohen
-Infantry train time -20% and speed +5%; Akan Tufohen respawn time -20%
-Ships 1 Gold Prospector Wagon; Villagers gather from mines 10% faster
-Villagers gather from Berry Bushes and Cherry Orchards 30% faster; Villagers gather from Mills, Farms, Rice Paddies (food), and Fields (food) 10% faster
-Exchanges all food for 0.5× the wood and coin

Somalis god tier water boom / turtle / eco techs imo
units:Issa Warrior, a better version of a Gascenya, a musketeer type unit. Also can train a Darood Warrior, which is an anti-artillery and anti-ship skirm, kind of like a Huaraca or an Arrow Knight
-Trade Routes generate +30% resources; Villagers and Fishing Boats gather coin 10% faster
-Archers and rifle infantry get -35% melee ROF; Melee Skirmishers get +20% melee attack; Urumis get -20% ROF
-Outpost, Blockhouse, War Hut, Castle, and Watch Tower build limit +4; Artillery, siege unit, and warship gets +0.2× multiplier against Outposts, Blockhouses, War Huts, Castles, and Watch Towers
-Trading Posts on Somali settlements can train Askaris
-Ships 1 Red Sea Wagon; Receive 1 Fishing Boat with every future Home City shipments
-Infantry melee/ranged resistance +10%; melee infantry cost -10%
-Outposts, Blockhouses, War Huts, Castles, and Watch Towers get +10 LOS; Trading Posts on Somali settlements can use Lighthouse

Sudanese decent techs, main bonus is having access to dervishes and sennar horsemen
units: Dervish, which is basically a urumi with a longer ranged attack but no area damage. Countered by cav and artillery.
-Mill, Estate, Farm, and Rice Paddy cost and build time -30%; Field cost -30% and build time -15%
-Can be researched twice: Ships 2 Red Sea Wagons; costs 250 food, 150 coin. Ships 1 Red Sea Wagon for every 5 minutes of game time, up to 30 minutes; costs 500 food, 300 coin
-Cavalry and shock infantry get +10% melee resistance
-Trading Posts on Sudanese settlements can train Askaris and Sennar Horsemen

Yoruba probably the least useful african nat unless you're doing the cheese with the eso rider doubling tech, but I think that's been nerfed
units: Oyo Legionary, a musketeer type unit, and Eso Rider, a strong heavy cav that decays health over time.
-Yoruba Oyo Legionaries' melee attack poisons the enemy
-Each Yoruba Oyo Legionary and Eso Rider spawns a second one
-Villagers gather wood 10% faster; native warriors and civilian units regenerate hit points when close to a tree and/or Berry Bush
-Militiaman, Minuteman, Warrior, Irregular, Sentry, Levied Spearman, Levied Bowman, Levied Gunner, and Yoruba Eso Rider hit point degeneration rate -25% and stops at 25% HP
-Ships 2 Outpost Wagons; give Walls and Gates a build bounty of 1 XP and 10 XP, respectively

European Natives

Jagellion
Horse archers, 70f 60w
Hand Cav with no multipliers, and charged lancer attack with slight bonus vs. infantry and heavy cav. 10 melee and 10 ranged resist. Oromo.
-benefits: increase hand cav ranged armor.
-units and res from ageups are received again, age 3
-ships 5 tartars, units with bows get more range, especially tartars
-grants res for each present and future farming building.
-big button: equalizes resource stockpile

Hapsburg
Vet Musketeer that shadowtechs, only available age 3. Food and coin
-mounted infantry. Mounted skirmisher. Multis vs. infantry. Food and coin.
-dismounted infantry. 19 range skirmisher unit
-benefits - grants 1 hc shipment, 250 of each res
-20x for each building you own. Usually about another shipment.
-about 8 mercs for 1500 coin
-big button also spawns grens
-big button: more magyar hussars the longer you wait

Wittelsbach
Mountain Trooper - Skirmisher that costs food and wood
Chevalegeur - Dragoon, counters heavy cav, but has a high hand attack as well. Food and coin.
-each unit you’ve trained refunds a fraction of their cost
-ships chevaleguers, increases their bonus vs infantry
-makes nats, outlaws and mercs cheaper to train (age 4)
-give skirms more range, especially mountain troopers
-big button: spawns more mountain troopers the longer you wait, also reveals all enemy buildings.

Wettin
Trabant: halberdier unit with charged pistol attack. 60f 70c
Saxon Cuirassier - cuir unit. High hp
-resets market sell and buy rates
-ships fort wagon and battery tower wagons for each 10 min of the game
-ageups 20% cheaper
-sends 1 giant gren and 1 with all future shipments
-big button: significantly boots cav and infantry armor

Oldenburg
Royal Huntsman - vill and counter skirmisher, can gather food. Costs food
Vet Musketeer- shadowteching age 3 musket, high attack low hp. Costs food
-royal huntsman upgraded to units
-vills and fishing boats also gather coin while hunting or fishing
-skirms counter other skirmishers more
-all warships trickle coin
Big button: hot air balloon with huge LOS

Phanar
Evzone - skirm with high hp
Boyar, vet tech heavy cav with high siege
-all ranged inf do more damage, especially evzone
-ships 2 mountain monasteries
-buildings and ships have more HP
-docks work faster and can make a battleship
-big button: spawns sacred band infantry

Bourbon - these guys don't really seem to be on any of the maps in rotation right now.
Royal dragoon - dragoon with high hand attack. Food and coin
Royal musketeer - musket unit. Food and coin. Charged pistol attack.
-grants xp for every tech and shipment you have got so far and in the future (??)
-35 coin for every building
-vills do more damage to infantry
-ships a royal horseman and adds one to every future shipment
Big button: increases all unit speed

Hanover also doesn't seem to be on any of the maps in standard rotation
Vet black brunswicker, fast musketeer - food and coin
Totenkopf hussar - fast heavy cav. - food and coin
Drummer
Ships a number of totenkopf hussars and improves their charged attack
-immediately sends a random card in your deck
-age 4, lets drummers plant inspiring flag and spawns 1 irish, scottish, and british merc unit.
-advances you immediately to imperial for about 10k food and 10k coin at the start of the game. Gets cheaper over time as you research techs and send shipments.
Big button: stun all units for 2.5 seconds

Vasa
Royal Arquebusier: Skirmisher, high hitpoints and high melee damage.
Winged Hussar: heavy cav with extra attack range and lance charge.
-All units cost -5% coin
-Ships 4 Torp Wagons
-All units get +5% hit points; warships get +10% hit points instead
-Ships 5 Winged Hussars and their Lance Charge ability gets +2 range and +1 AOE
-big button: All gather rates are increased for 30 seconds, the bonus improves the longer the player waits.

Tengri -
Tatar archer, shit against everything but cav. Food wood
Tatar wolf - basically a dog unit
-all cav and shock infantry train faster
-1 semi fat yak for every 3 minutes of the game
-mounted units and pets move and attack faster
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Re: Minor Native Civ Reference Guide

Post by dansil92 »

"Maya
-Melee infantry get +20% hit points - That's a pretty beefy boost to melee infantry. Seems really good for China with Changdao or Spain with rods."
this also includes coyote runners and pets, unless de has very recently changed this and i missed the patch note. same goes for the zapotec and carib techs, among others. Its really good for aztec, inca, spain, china and india (urumi with 20% hp, or with zapotec another 20% attack, stacks with dravidian)

excellent post btw
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

I want to find the map pool for 1v1 quicksearch so I can sort this list by what nat tps you will actually encounter in a 1v1 game, but I can't find it anywhere. Can someone help ?

ok just from memory we got:

hokkaido
dakota
mexico
baja california
kamchatka
florida
manchuria
great plains
siberia
central plain
new england
saguenay (or is this called hudson bay now)

what am I missing?
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

This post comes in handy with the tier list of minor civilizations 21.
But yes, sometimes I see twich games, already advanced, where resources are superfluous, and even then people ignore the natives!
Howdah

Re: Minor Native Civ Techs Reference Guide

Post by Squamiger »

Yes it was inspired by the tier list. Bc I realized I didn’t know what any of the nat civs do.
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Squamiger wrote:I want to find the map pool for 1v1 quicksearch so I can sort this list by what nat tps you will actually encounter in a 1v1 game, but I can't find it anywhere. Can someone help ?

hokkaido
dakota
mexico
baja california
kamchatka
florida
manchuria
great plains
siberia
central plain
new england

what am I missing?
Colorado
Fertile Crescent
Gran Chaco
Himalayas
Korea
Malasya
Mongolia
Ozarks
Pampas Sierras
Punjab

I don't know if they come in too Ozarks and Patagonia
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

@EliteRifleman thanks, its updated
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

Squamiger wrote:I want to find the map pool for 1v1 quicksearch so I can sort this list by what nat tps you will actually encounter in a 1v1 game, but I can't find it anywhere. Can someone help ?

hokkaido
dakota
mexico
baja california
kamchatka
florida
manchuria
great plains
siberia
central plain
new england

what am I missing?
Great list!

Someone made this a while back, it's Standard Maps

https://aoetools.space/
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

PatrickLFC wrote:
Great list!

Someone made this a while back, it's Standard Maps

https://aoetools.space/
thats awesome, it should be stickied somewhere. Looks like I got all the maps covered, plus great plains which was added as a standard map but isnt in this list.
Argentina Jets
Dragoon
ESO: SsJetstream
Clan: FPL

Post by Jets »

They should make a map with both Mayas and Zapotecs on it, so the players could compete to take native tps since those 2 buff HI a lot.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Jets wrote:They should make a map with both Mayas and Zapotecs on it, so the players could compete to take native tps since those 2 buff HI a lot.
Gotta watch out for these tanky 9 damage pikes
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

Jets wrote:They should make a map with both Mayas and Zapotecs on it, so the players could compete to take native tps since those 2 buff HI a lot.
i think Mexico can have both. Or is it an either/or situation when they spawn?
Canada dansil92
Retired Contributor
ESO: dansil92

Post by dansil92 »

and urumi, coyote runners, rattan, pet dogs, etc. lots of things have the hand inf class :flowers:
Brazil DNLgibraltar
Skirmisher

Post by DNLgibraltar »

I strongly wait for a patch to make Minor natives useful.

Right now using them is almost a con to your own game.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

added african civ techs
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

thx! forgot this thread exists and did not yet really understand what the new minors offer.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

a couple of updates ago they added the old inca native back as quecha and changed a few of the maps the tupi/quecha/mapuche spawn on. think you're missing the south american maps too. the wiki is quite good for this information too
Squamiger wrote:
i think Mexico can have both. Or is it an either/or situation when they spawn?
either maya + zapotec or apache + navajo
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Which natives do you guys think could be interesting for French native strats in team games?

To me it looks like Akan could be nice if you happen to be find two available native trade posts. There are lots of upgrade cards available in age II/III and a force limit of 24 could have some impact.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

just updated w the native units
Howdah

Post by Squamiger »

duckzilla wrote:Which natives do you guys think could be interesting for French native strats in team games?

To me it looks like Akan could be nice if you happen to be find two available native trade posts. There are lots of upgrade cards available in age II/III and a force limit of 24 could have some impact.
Yoruba have pretty strong nats
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

would Somali be good? they have 2 units which is always nice and provides both muskets for age 2 a skirm with a bonus vs artillery in age 3, also they have a tech for infantry increasing range resist.
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Squamiger wrote:
duckzilla wrote:Which natives do you guys think could be interesting for French native strats in team games?

Yoruba have pretty strong nats
I tried Yoruba yesterday. The units are really good, but you get only a tiny number of them. Force limit of 8 for the javelin guy and of 5 for the rider. It was still fun to play.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
No Flag Ev0lution
Crossbow

Post by Ev0lution »

I thought I'd add to this guide the new Royal Houses. These powerful new minor civilizations on European Maps each can train 2 units (at least), research 4 techs, activate a Big Button infinite times (on a timer), and allows you to build a might Battleship at your Dock.

House: Bourbon
Unit 1: 75f 40c - Royal Musketeer (15) (II) musk with good speed, high melee & armor, and double damage charge attack
Unit 2: 100f 100c - Royal Dragoon (10) (III)goon with high range and melee attack but slow firing animation
Tech 1: 300f 300w 300c - All techs and cards which have been researched before this one give xp worth 20% of their cost, after they give 10%. Card value is based on what age it's available (Age I = 300; II = 700; III = 1k; IV = 1.6k) plus any additional cost.
Tech 2: 150f 150w - Deposits 35c in your stockpile for each building you have
Tech 3: 275f - Land vils get an extra 1 multiplier vs all Infantry (2x total) except CDB which only get +.66 (1.66x total)
Tech 4: 750c - All future shipments include a Royal Horseman (Merc). They can still be sent at max pop. Royal Horseman can also be trained at Bourbon TPs.
  • 400c 4pop - Royal Horseman Mercenary Cuirassier. Can damage surrounding units while walking in Trample Mode
Big Button: ~5 min charge time - for 15 sec all units gain +5% speed; vils and infantry get an extra +5% (+10% total)

House: Habsburg
Unit 1: 110f 40c - Mounted Infantry (11) (II) weak light cavalry that can dismount and become a skirm. gains 5% speed and 1 range per promotion
Unit 2: 60f 55c - Line Infantry (15) (III) musk whose stats are modified by stance change. gains 15% hp and attack per promotion
  • Volley Mode - Ranged Attack Rate of Fire reduced by 10% (~11% faster)
  • Stagger Mode - Ranged Attack range increased by 3 (13 -> 16)
  • Melee Mode - works as normal
  • Defend Mode - Adds 10% of each resistance
  • Cover Mode - Adds 10% of each resistance AND Ranged Attack now does siege damage BUT deals 40% less damage
Tech 1: 250f 250w 250c - Adds a shipment
Tech 2: 300c - Deposits 20xp in your stockpile for each building you have
Tech 3: 1500c - Ships 8 random European Infantry & Cavalry Mercenaries
Tech 4: 375f 375c - Adds 1 Hungarian Grenadier to the Big Button per rank. Has the same stats as a normal gren, but shadowtechs and has +6 range. Not a native unit.
Big Button: ~5 min charge time per rank, up to rank 5 - TP spawns 1 Magyar Hussar per rank. Shadowtechs and has double the hp of a normal huss, but takes 3 pop. Not a native unit.

House: Hannover
Unit 1: 70f 50c - Black Brunswicker (15) (III) fast musk with 2 RoF. gains 15% hp and attack per promotion
Unit 2: 70 90c- Totenkopf Hussar (12) (II) fast but low hp melee cav. has a charge attack that deal double damage and charges with every hit, rather than over time
Unit 3: 150f 150c - Drummer (3) (II) Ranged Infantry that increases the speed of surrounding units by 10% and decreases their RoF by 10%. moves faster when near allied units.
Tech 1: 500f 500c - Ships 5 Totenkopf Huss (which ignore build limit) and sets their charged ability to fully charged after 4 hits instead of 8.
Tech 2: 125f 125w 125c - When researched immediately sends a random card from your deck which 1) has not already been sent 2) may be sent in your current age & 3) has no additional cost.
Tech 3: 400f 400w 400c - Drummers can now place a flag which increases unit and building damage by 10% and spawns a Highlander, Harquebusier, and Irish Brigadier when placed.
Tech 4: 11k f & c - Directly advances to Imperial Age if you aren't in rebellion. Delivers an additional Factory Wagon. Cost reduced equal to xp earned from training units and constructing buildings.
Big Button: ~5 min charge time - stuns enemy units in a small area for ~5 seconds

House: Jagielion
Unit 1: 70f 60w - Lipka Tatar (14) (II) cav archer with low hp but high RoF
Unit 2: 110f 90w - Shock Rider (8) (II) melee cav with melee and ranged resist. has a charged attack with splash damage. gains 15% hp and attack per promotion
Tech 1: 300f 300w - Hand Cavalry gains 10% ranged resist.
Tech 2: 200f 200w 200c - Units and Resource crates received from age ups are delivered again. Researches more slowly the later the age.
Tech 3: 350f 350w - Ships 5 Lipka Tatars (which ignore build limit) and increases the range of all archers by 1 with Lipka Tatars gaining an additional range (+2 in total).
Tech 4: 135w - Deposits food or coin directly into your inventory worth 10% the cost of all Mill- and Estate-type buildings, and those give the same upon construction. Haciendas, Rice Paddies, and Fields split the food and coin bounty 50/50.
Big Button: ~5 min charge time - Currently banked food, wood, and coin in resource stockpile is equalized: the total of all 3 is instantly divided among them evenly.

House: Oldenburg
Unit 1: 140f 1pop - Royal Huntsman (7) (II) Villager-Infantry hybrid which only gathers hunts, berries, and treasures but is noticeably better in combat, particularly vs Light Infantry
Unit 2: 110f - Northern Musketeer (16) (II) musk with low hp but slightly higher hp, speed, and attack. deals small bonus vs cav at range. gains 15% hp per promotion
Tech 1: 300w 300c - Disables Royal Huntsmen and replaces them with Royal Hunters, which can't hunt but have much higher attack and range. They cost no pop and have twice the build limit.
Tech 2: 300f 300w - Vils gathering from hunts and fish produce coin at 10% the rate they gather food.
Tech 3: 175w 175c - Light Infantry gain .1 bonus damage vs other Light Infantry (1.1x) with Royal Huntsman and Royal Hunters gaining an additional .4 (+.5 total).
Tech 4: 250f 250w - Defensive Buildings and War Ships trickle a small amount of coin. This is generally proportional to its cost and build limit, but can vary from expectation. In total:
Spoiler
Spoiler
Big Button: ~2.5 min charge time - Deploys a Hot Air Balloon anywhere to scout for a short time.

House: Phanar
Unit 1: 110f 30w - Evzone (10) (II) bulky skirm with low damage but high bonus vs Heavy Infantry
Unit 2: 130f 90c - Boyar (9) (III) fast-attacking hand cav with high siege
Tech 1: 200w 200c - Ranged Infantry damage increased by 5%, with Evzone attack increased 10% (+15% total)
Tech 2: 340w - Ships 2 Athos Monastery Wagons, which when constructed over coin mines extract coin and deny access to other players. Also can train healing units and research unique techs:
  1. 250c - Gains trickle of xp worth 2.5 per sec BUT only activates if no unit you control has taken damage in the last 30 sec
  2. 500c - Ships 1 Evzone per every 2 buildings you control (Ignores build limit)
  3. 800c - When your starting Hero(s) dies 2 Evzone spawn
Tech 3: 125w 125c - Buildings and War Ships gain 15% hp
Tech 4: 300w 300c - Dock work rate increased by 40% and Battleship build limit increased by 1
Big Button: ~2.5 min charge time per rank (up to rank 20) - increases vil ranged attack by 600% & hp by 50%, and spawns Sacred Band Infantry equal in number to the rank. Won't activate until rank 4.
  • 70f 50c 1 pop - Sacred Band Infantry Musketeer with additional range and speed. hp shadowtechs, and increases by 1 for every Sacred Bander in a group up to 30.
House: Vasa
Unit 1: 70f 30w - Royal Arquebusier (14) (II) fast skirm with high hp and melee but low attack, range, and armor. gains 15% hp and attack per promotion
Unit 2: 250f 100c - Winged Hussar (8) (III) fast melee cav with splash damage. charge attack deals siege damage from range
Tech 1: 200f 200w - All units cost 5% less coin.
Tech 2: 200f 200c - All units gain 5% more hp, with War Ships gaining +5% extra hp (+10% total).
Tech 3: 1500f 1000c - Ships 5 Winged Hussar (which ignore build limit) and improves their charged ability by giving it more range and splash radius.
Tech 4: 250f 300w - Ships 4 Torp Wagons.
Big Button: ~5 min charge time per rank up to rank 5 - Improves all vil gather rates by 25% per rank and all building resource trickles by 10% per rank for 30 seconds.

House: Wettin
Unit 1: 60f 70c - Trabant (10) (II) Halb with high hp but low attack. Has siege armor. Deflection ability redirects some damage from nearby units onto itself. Has a pistol Charged Attack.
Unit 2: 150f 150w - Saxon Cuirassier (7) (III) Statistically identical to the French Cuirassier, excepting the wood cost
Tech 1: 100f 100w 100c - Resets market rates to starting amounts (125c to buy, 75c to sell).
Tech 2: 600w 600c - Ships 1 Fort Wagon plus an additional Battery Tower Wagon for every 10 minutes game time up to 30 min.
Tech 3: 300f - Age Ups are 20% cheaper (including Wonders).
Tech 4: 600c - Ships 1 Giant Grenadier (Merc). All future shipments will also ship 1 Giant Grenadier (ignores population limit).
Big Button: ~5 - increases Cavalry & Shock Infantry melee, ranged, and siege armor in a small area for 60 sec. Gives less additional resist the higher the initial armor.

House: Wittelsbach
Unit 1: 50f 65w - Mountain Trooper (15) (II) skirm that reveals the location of units it damages. gains 1 range and -10% RoF per promotion.
Unit 2: 110f 90c - Chevauleger (10) (III) goon with a high melee attack and hp but lower ranged attack
Tech 1: 100f 100w 100c - Deposits resources directly to your stockpile worth 1% the cost of all the units you have trained so far.
Tech 2: 500f 500c - Ships 5 Chevaulegers (ignores build limit) and they gain .25 bonus damage vs all Infantry (1.25x in total).
Tech 3: 250f 250w - Native Warriors, Mercenaries, and Outlaws cost 10% less and have their build time reduced by 10%.
Tech 4: 250w 250c - Light Infantry gain +1 range, with Mountain Troopers gaining an additional +2 range (+3 in total).
Big Button: ~2.5 min charge time per rank up to rank 16 - Spawns Mountain Troopers equal in number to the rank. These Mountain Troopers lack the promotion ability. Also reveals the location of all enemy buildings.

And although it is not a Royal House but an Asian Temple (even though it appears on the Eurasian Steppe map included in KotM), I thought I may as well include the new Tengri Shrine minor civ:

Tengri
Unit 1: 90f 60w - Tatar Archer (14) (II) cav archer with low hp and attack, but extremely high RoF and multipliers vs cav
Unit 2: 90f - Tengri Wolf (5) (II) Pet with bonus damage vs other pets. Also tagged as a Native Warrior
Tech 1: 100f 100c - Cavalry & Shock Infantry have -10% build time
Tech 2: 150w 150c - Ships 1 Semi-fattened Yak (+150f) for every 3 min of game time up to 30 min
Tech 3: 350f 350c - Increases Cavalry and Pet speed by .5 and reduces their RoF by 10%

Edit: Updated with the changes from the August 16 2022 patch
No Flag Kanoo
Skirmisher

Post by Kanoo »

Good work @Ev0lution. Thank you!
thebritish wrote: ↑
19 Jan 2016, 09:58
So, you are saying that if i watch H20's rec, i can beat anyone below H20's level because i know his BO?