idle vill problem

General forum about Age of Empires 3 DE. Please post strategy threads, recorded games, user-created content and tech support threads in their respective forum.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

idle vill problem

Post by Victor_swe »

I seem to get a lot of vills that just stand around idle. But in the UI they count as they gather res. I think it happens when a reasource runs out and there is none of the same close enought for them to move to automaticly.
Does anyone else have this? Is it a known bug? Can you somehow avoid it?
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: idle vill problem

Post by Kaiserklein »

If it's on berries, it's an old bug. If they're kinda stuck between 2 vils and not gathering, it's also an old bug. Else it's DE
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Nah this is something else. Like a goldmine has run out and I just catch 6 vills chillin and it says i have 16 vills on coin and 0 idle. When really i have 10 on coin and 6 little fkers.

I aso noticed if u ctrl+dubble click on them, they get selected togheter with The coinvills and not with other idle vills. Wich also is annoying.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

I'm having an issue with tribal marketplaces where it says they're all idle, but the coin hasn't run out, and doesn't matter how many times you retask them or even delete and rebuild the marketplace, they just become idle again after a couple of seconds - happened with both Lakota and Haudenosaunee, but not every time, and never straight away so no clue what the pattern is.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

PatrickLFC wrote:I'm having an issue with tribal marketplaces where it says they're all idle, but the coin hasn't run out, and doesn't matter how many times you retask them or even delete and rebuild the marketplace, they just become idle again after a couple of seconds - happened with both Lakota and Haudenosaunee, but not every time, and never straight away so no clue what the pattern is.
Have you tried checking the recs to see if you can see anything causing it?
Australia PatrickLFC
Musketeer

Post by PatrickLFC »

Mitoe wrote:
PatrickLFC wrote:I'm having an issue with tribal marketplaces where it says they're all idle, but the coin hasn't run out, and doesn't matter how many times you retask them or even delete and rebuild the marketplace, they just become idle again after a couple of seconds - happened with both Lakota and Haudenosaunee, but not every time, and never straight away so no clue what the pattern is.
No sadly don't have recs - my theory is that the coin mine is about to expire, but for some reason it stops short so doesn't disappear along with the marketplace and instead they just become idle
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

It's a bit annoying my hero still isn't building TPs. That shouldn't cost me actions, but it gets my settler wagon killed.

The response to players complaining about bugs is that it's been like this for awhile so you need to know your units won't do what you tell them sometimes, which is just really fun in an are tee ess.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
United States of America Dolphincup
Musketeer
ESO: Dolphincup

Post by Dolphincup »

PatrickLFC wrote:
Mitoe wrote:
No sadly don't have recs - my theory is that the coin mine is about to expire, but for some reason it stops short so doesn't disappear along with the marketplace and instead they just become idle
yeah I've seen this too. coin mine stops at 1 coin, but it's never destroyed, and thus the marketplace is never destroyed, but the vills will eventually idle. It's probably a rounding error mixed with some machine epsilon case that prevents the coin mine from ever reaching 0. it is incredibly annoying when this happens.